STRUGGLE in NoFap Journey

Did Stay Focused help you? @bondjems84

1 Like

Brother @HappySoul, you are not causing any disturbance, you just expressed what came to your mind and we all have freedom of expression, this community is like our second family, if we don’t express our emotions how would someone else know about it…
I can understand what you meant to say from those words, so no problem brother… It’s all good…!! :slightly_smiling_face:
We are here to support and help each other and also share our feelings… No offence…
And thank you so much for your advice @neo_150 and @Adioz brothers…I will surely follow these steps when urges come and also try to be more productive🙂. . That really helped

7 Likes

My brother @selfconqurer what @neo_150 said is very important. We are all humans and we were addicted to ■■■■ for many months or years. Its ok these triggers will come and at some point you’ll feel like doing nothing else than masturbate. But stay strong brother. We are all with you. I know its hard, I know your brain is playing all the games to put you down, but you are a lot stronger brother. You can do this. This time, Iam sure about that. All I say is stay there, feel the pain. Love pain. Don’t resist when urges come. Just look at its face calmly. Don’t react to it. When the deamon urge finds out that you don’t care it’ll go away, I promise bro.
And @HappySoul, my sole intention in putting the god father message was to give out the lesson that I’ve learnt. Controlling the urge by running worked for me. So I thought talking about it may help my dear companions as well. No harm intended bro.

6 Likes

i downloaded it, but found it not working. instead i chose not to re install telegram. thats ok.

1 Like

It works. You just need to do the settings work well.

@Tagore My sole intention of that post was not to tell you that posting success stories and great ideas to defeat urges is bad. My intention was to try to make you understand that it is better to write “I watched ‘a’ movie and got triggered by an attractive girl in that movie… I used my strategies to defeat urges and when nothing worked, I ran till I fell down. #BeastMode:v: … like that…” Does this reduce the strength of your post?
No offence intended. :handshake:

3 Likes

:joy: @HappySoul, I’ll take care of it next time brother. After all we are all here to win. Iam sure we’ll become the best version of ourselves this time. No mercy to the new drug. No more excuses. No more bullshit. Success is inevitable bro
BEASTMODE :muscle:

5 Likes

sorry for my late reply @selfconqurer.

I was reading your post and it reminded me of myself because I know how it feels man. I would experience the same: I see something triggering. Then maybe a day or two later I see something else and it feels like I’m constantly dancing on a thin line between relapsing and keeping the streak.

What I find useful in these situations is to make it clear that watching those scenes or doing google “research” is not safe for you and this needs to be handled properly. Maybe start looking at the triggers more closely using a “Trigger-Thought-Action” log (apparently I have recommended this one already):

So long story short, increase awareness and create space between you and the thoughts. You can take ownership of you reaction.

Take care.

8 Likes

Thank you @anon13059885 for your advice… I will journal my thoughts down and be more mindful about them… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@neo_150 @tagore @_TIGER @Forerunner
These days I am getting urges to look at some newly found sets of attractive girls images on screen whose names I got to know recently from some posts. I saw some while searching for some actresses names. I cannot look at those continuously because things are blocked and I have access for only 1 or 5 minutes a day on an app, which I scheduled instead of blocking (because it is the rewire app itself and I track streaks of others in my group and I will not reveal how to use that app for such purposes). These urges come and go and most of the times I can only observe thoughts, because of the active blocks. Right now, I have some names and images in my waiting list and I will get 5 minutes access on Saturday. I am planning to take screenshots. My mind is saying, “This is last. I can handle like I did two times recently. Let me finish those curiosity thoughts. Then I will be fine anyway.” I am sharing because I am feeling a bit unsafe. Any suggestions?

Edit: Please read it again because I edited it after posting.

4 Likes

@HappySoul Brother, curiosity is never satisfied.

Ask your mind, “What then?” If I search for those actresses’ names, what happens next?

Next, I will see their images. I will browse a little bit.

Then I will become more tempted to look at other things.

Then I will become ashamed again and come back to the forum and say “I slipped and did XYZ, from now I will add these keywords to my blocking software and no more searching.”

But the urges, the triggers and the shame will still be there. Now there’s a chaser effect. In a few days, I will make more searches.

I will find something new, and finally PMO to that.
Then I will have to report to my parents as I said I would on the forum.

Remind yourself of your commitment to being free and clean of PMO. You have to do this daily. No actress or attractive girl whose name you heard will help you maintain that commitment.

Focus on improving your life. When you are content with your life, you don’t relapse. Ask yourself, “What is happening in my life right now that my mind wants to avoid by making inappropriate searches?” Go and work on that issue.

6 Likes

Edited @HappySoul

@HappySoul
We cannot rely on blocking software forever. You have created a very secure system for yourself and even now your mind is planning to relapse within the 5 minute window you have on Saturday. Even now you have found ways to relapse using the safest apps - even Rewire itself.

You have to raise your awareness by reminding yourself every day of the pain of relapsing and the joy of being free, along with doing things everyday to improve your life and make you happier.

With time, your life will have changed enough and your awareness will be high enough that it will be much easier to say, “Why would I search for filth? My life is great, I don’t want to ruin it!”

If you don’t make those changes, you will continue to relapse, but your mind will suggest to you, “You relapsed because this keyword/site/website wasn’t blocked, if you block it, now you will be free. From now, your new streak begins.” The truth is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to block everything. If you block the whole Internet on all your devices, you will relapse using someone else’s device. You will use your imagination, or a magazine or a picture. We have to attack the root cause, which is a low level of awareness of how we want to live our lives, and deep dissatisfaction with how we are living.

7 Likes

Seeing those girls make your mind to trick you for relapse …avoid those…because it will make urges more strongly afterwards

7 Likes

Only this saved me 2 times this week. Recently, I suddenly found a store app unblocked on my laptop after a windows update and I downloaded a search app and cleared my waiting list of peeking (which I justified by thinking that these triggers came from other posts. I did not do it intentionally. blah blah blah… so it is not fully intentional). But guess what? I created a new waiting list again!! That is scaring me. I think now I will delete that list and I will defeat remnant urges. I think that I saved myself by timely asking for help! Thank you @Forerunner brother! Only an AP can see foolishness in the mind of a struggling addict better.

4 Likes

Trust me after relapse you will feel like a bloodyshit…my last relapse was just that mind keep saying last …but it will continue and that “last” never ends…its the fucking brain who trick us to make us like a bloodyshit.after recovery everything will be finialized the brain will be your friend afterwards

6 Likes

Yes, brother. This is very true. That is why I included in my plan: do FASTT check-ins weekly and dare to ask for help whenever you feel unsafe. (I DID IT RIGHT NOW :slightly_smiling_face:) Our companions can save us by JUST POINTING OUT WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW! I also included many types of deep tools in my plan. Otherwise, I could be on day 0 by doing those things.

4 Likes

Done

I have delete that list consciously. The same mind was telling me, “You already looked at them. What was the need of planning to look more? Why did not you report on forum before?” and I am feeling much relaxed now. I am literally convinced that there is no need of such searches. It is better to be clean. Now, soon I will make a plan for those 5 minutes. I will have a choice at that time. I will make the right decision now. :innocent:

5 Likes

immediately unfollow those groups, post as not interested on you tube, unfollow on Facebook

2 Likes

@HappySoul this is the time you really should use your willpower. Its all your brain wanting to achieve more and more dopamine. You have been starving him for some days. But whatever happens, whatever the fuck your brain does and says don’t give in to it. Bro, trust me, this has happened to me. Urges will come. Say to your self: "Iam a man now. A real man. Not a boy who doesn’t follow through what he says. Iam with you bro. Trust me, when you conquer this urge successfully you’ll become more stronger. The beast within you is growing. Don’t give up. You can do this.

6 Likes

It was none of these. It was google images search thing.