#Resilient (Ascension to be Limitless)

Guys I am sleep issues. My goal is to sleep 6 hrs per night with no sleep in daytime.

But here I am sleeping 9-10 hrs a day + some 1 hour in daytime as well. Even after sleeping that long at night I still feel sleepy at day, especially at afternoon or evening.

Initially, I thought fapping is the cause and once I have a long streak my sleep will improve. It actually did initially but now that problem returned.

What can I do to reduce my sleep time?
@_TIGER @Forerunner @The_integrous_one @_KarmaYogi .
Most of you guys wake up at 4-4:30 am. I want to do the same. Atleast I want to wake up at 5. So if you could give me a longterm advise or method, it will be helpful.

3 Likes

What time do you go to bed brother?

1 Like

I think that’s an issue as well. Its a wide range from 11pm - 1am.

1 Like

That’s what you want to work on.

If you want to get up for 5AM, you should be in bed by 10:30PM, exhausted and ready to sleep. Don’t use your phone in bed as that will keep you up longer and eat into your sleeping time. Make a habit of getting up at 5AM once your alarm goes off and don’t go back to sleep until 10-11PM. This way you will be tired enough to sleep on time, and your body will train itself to sleep and wake up at the same times.

3 Likes

Yes today I will be in bed by 11pm, whether I am sleepy or not.
I will set alarm for 5:30 am.
I will try my best brother to not sleep in daytime.
I was wondering, is taking a Nap(20mins) okay?
I personally think its risky coz often when I nap…I accidentally sleep for 2-3 hours ._.

3 Likes

Naps can be dangerous for that very reason.

2 Likes

Okay so I will avoid that as much as I could :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yup I had the same problem that’s why I’ve kept a goal to not sleep in the day :sweat_smile:
But I don’t wake up at 5am, bro having a good sleep boosts your productivity by a large extent. I actually sleep from 12-8am, 8 hours daily, sometimes 9 hours as well if I feel tired. If you are studying and working out consistently your mind and body do require good amount of sleep, around 8 hours is good to stay healthy physically and mentally in long term.
And it doesn’t matter if you sleep for this long, what matters is the way you are utilising the rest of your time.
This advice might not be what you expected but it’s my way :sweat_smile:, others might help you more.

5 Likes

I understand your opinion on this matter. Actually I would have been happy with myself as well because I think the same as you do…sleep more do more.

It’s just that it doesn’t work well with me. Whenever I sleep 9-10 hours, my whole day I feel sleepy and groggy. Only by evening I start to feel awake.
So that’s why I am trying to wake up early and sleep on time.
Thanks for replying though. Glad to see your day working well with this method.

3 Likes

Yes in daytime you should not sleep…this is a small mistake but its cost is one relapse if you take nap… :white_check_mark: so sleep only in the night

4 Likes

Yeah 9-10 is a lot, 7-8 is fine :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, you are right :sweat_smile:
For me its either waking up at 6 and having a productive day or waking up at 9-10 having a messed up day.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s 8 for me :joy:, 8 is the earliest and optimum for me.

2 Likes

Now time to think deeply .:grin: … actually why are you worrying for your sleeping pattern !! You can sleep extra 2 hrs if you stopped using your mobile for 2 hrs… this is good decision !
And in a day you can’t set your sleeping pattern…it requires atleast 6 months to set …
Before long time I was waking up at 7 then I reduced to 6 am and no nap …and the word " taking nap"is made by modern generation :+1::+1: , if you follow our religion books there is no words about afternoon nap…you should take rest on night only…those who are patients or small children they can sleep in the day time !!
I will say set a time like 10 pm to 4 am …try to sleep exactly on that time…and if you are doing nofap properly you don’t need to take 8 hrs sleep …hardly 5 or 5.30 is enough !!
If you saved 3 hrs then in a month 90 hrs in your hands you can do extra works.
Some tips to set sleeping pattern.

1. hard nofap ( never a single peek)
  2. drink 2 3 litres water …
  3. take dinner before 9 pm.
  4. hard 1 hr exercise for invest your energy in good work …you can sleep easily at 10 pm …

After 6 months you don’t need to set anything …your body will do everything …you require very less time to reboot your brain…

4 Likes

Beyond all this is parents ka chillana. If I try to sleep after 7 my mom constantly make noises in my room, just like in memes :laughing:
Today only, she sprinkled water on my face at 9:30 to wake me up…and I was having some dream, and it took me few seconds to realize I have been woken up. My head started hurting :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I live on first floor and my parents on ground floor and I’ve made it pretty clear no disturbing me :joy:. If J mess up with my sleep I can’t study anything, even if I study somehow, I don’t remember anything :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I was wondering the same that never in any of our scriptures have I heard people sleeping in the day.

I thought ki ye din mai na sone ki shakti bas Dev Purusho mai hoga :laughing:

Bhai, now I remember something my Grandfather used to say. He always used to say never sleep in the daytime :exploding_head:
All this time its been in my memory.

So much time saved!!! Its only logical to sleep less.

I am following Hard Nofap.
About drinking water I am not sure. I only drink when I am thirst is at high level. I should check on the amount.

The biggest problem…dinner is not ready this early. Today itself I ate at 10…Its one thing I am trying to change in my home. I think the only solution is to make dinner myself or help my mother in the kitchen for dinner.

About working out its not so consistent but yeah I will make it work this time. If that’s what it takes for a good night sleep.

Just one question @_TIGER bhai…what do you do if you feel sleepy in day or rather what should one do while feeling sleepy during daytime?

2 Likes

Ache se rest lo bhai… jab thik se rest milega to asa nhi hoga …exam se ek din pehle asa to kabhi nhi hota he ! Free time me ho hoga… sone ki time set kardo dhire dhire normal hojayega…agar kahan se kuch social media use kar rhe ho to band kardo wohi energy save hojayega aur asa feel nhi hoga

3 Likes

Okay…mera time Youtube shorts mai waste hota hai.
Maine Insta and Reddit uninstall kar diya pehle hi.
Kal se Youtube shorts bhi bandh.

I will take it as a Challenge now. That’s the only way it will work out. Saturday and Sunday I will test it all and report it back here…Thanks bhai for your advise.

Time to apply it all!!

1 Like

Dhire dhire band karo bhai …suddenly band mat karo… aram se control hojayega …aaj kal to youtube short pe bhi khatarnak drusya dikhate he :sweat_smile:

2 Likes