Raushan's Diary

I guess you’re right. Anyway it shouldn’t matter to us.

4 Likes

You definitely are wrong man. Think about this, he achieved whatever he did while he was married. While he had responsibilities. Never held him back, hell he was the richest person on earth for long time.
He was married for 27 years and he has only grown for the last 27 years. Now he’s getting divorced and ending a marriage that lasted that long us heavily taxing on your mental health. He might be on all sorts of medication, he would be going through all sorts of shit. To me His career can only go south from here.

Not having a family is the only way to succeed is red pill thinking man, come on, you are better than this

2 Likes

He became Rich at 21 … And got married at 38 years age …17 years he focussed on himself and growing his Company…

3 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact that he continued to grow richer while he was married…

2 Likes

Yes. If that would have been the only reason he would have broken the marriage lot earlier. There is another rumor going on that he was having affair with another women. We can’t really tell anything for sure.

@Dean_Ambrose I agree with you in the initial days he was fully focused on his work and made a pros and cons list whether to get married or not. I don’t think he regretted that decision. He is old and done his most of the work. Currently the reason would be something else.

3 Likes

@PrDr agree with you man. Also divorce in USA is also much favorable towards women. So any women getting divorce from rich men will be richer than they were. So it’s not a bad trade for them. 27 years of marriage from western point of view is really a successful marriage.

3 Likes

Bro, I too want to do this; sincierly. Where can I learn about this? I have been going through a lot of Stoic books and the most important psychological practice the stoics used, from the time of their earliest philosopher, Chrissipus itself is CONEMPLATION ON DEATH. As you may know they call it negative visualization (Premeditatio Malorum in Greek). What IS more powerful, life changing and motivating than knowing that “all things everywhere are perishable”. Stoic asks us to remember this everday in a disciplined manner. Epictitus says that if you have a child, remember that she has been given to you “for the present, not inseparably nor forever” and even “in the very act of kissing the child, we should silently reflect on the possibility that she may die tomorrow”, same goes with our friends, family, everything possess, even our life.
Keeping this thought in the corner of our mind helps us live life in the most authentic way possible.I believe Seneca was the first man to advice to live each day as if it were his last. He had even went on to say that live as if this very moment were our last.
I think, this practice of contemplating death has a similarity with Buddhist practice right bro @anon65589122 ?
We are people who takes things for granted. People are dying due to covid; but we believe that it will never happen to me or my family, accidents kill thousands daily but we think, for me ? Never.
Now I put a certain amount of time in the morning, after meditation to do ‘momento mori’ (remember death) and journal about it. And its helping me a lot; my communication and relationship with family is improving like anything, my productivity is sky rocketing, pmo etc mean ectremely worthless etc
This is a passage from a book that I read on Stoicism bro

We need to keep firmly in mind that everything we value and the people we love will someday be lost to us. If nothing else, our own death will deprive us of them. More generally, we should keep in mind that any human activity that cannot be carried on indefinitely must have a fi nal occurrence. There
will be—or already has been!—a last time in your life that you brush your teeth, cut your hair, drive a car, mow the lawn, or play hopscotch. There will be a last time you hear the sound of snow falling, watch the moon rise, smell popcorn, feel the warmth of a child falling asleep in your arms, or make love. You will someday eat your last meal, and soon thereafter you
will take your last breath.

By contemplating the impermanence of everything in the world, we are forced to recognize that every time we do something could be the last time we do it, and this recognition can invest the things we do with a significance and intensity that would otherwise be absent. We will no longer
sleepwalk through our life. Some people, I realize, will find it depressing or even morbid to contemplate impermanence.NI am nevertheless convinced that the only way we can be truly alive is if we make it our business periodically to entertain such thoughts.

2 Likes

The fact is there as thousands of people who follow these practices of stoicism as life philosophy around us now. In the modern day, this philosophy is gaining more and more significance.

Bro how to do this? Where can I learn about this??

Other than these, are there any books (Buddhist books etc) on this topic? I really want to do this bro.
Also, are you a Buddhist?

1 Like

Bro I read your whole diary, in one sitting. I saw that you do meditation, exercise etc without fail. But, you promise that you will stop relapsing and then come back after 2-3 days with a relapse. Yeah, it is the sign of addiction but with 100% commitment we can conquer anything.
Think about your goals, dreams and purpose in life bro.
This video has helped me a lot throughout this journey. For some people easy-peasy works, but I tried to implement it and failed miserably. For me, this kind of attitude works- a do or die attitude.
When a relapse happens, I scream to myself in the top of my voice. THIS IS IT. WHATEVER HAPPENS- I MAY EVEN DIE BUT I WON’T FALL BACK INTO PMO!!!
PMO = worse than death.
My attitude is a mixture of this video + mindfulness.
After a relapse we’ll get a lot of urges due to chaser. So you have to become the spectator at that time. Understand that you are not thinking these thoughts. It is pmo deamon within doing it and look at all the thoughts he brings in. Be the audience and look at him, see how he jumps from lustful thoughts to Mediocre thoughts, then to thoughts about environment and then to this and that. After sometime urge will go away.
Even when doing this mindfulness keep inside your heart ‘the suffer mode’ technique. Tell your self- I can die but no pmo.

This is what works for me.
I think you should Practice brahmacharya bro. I see that you haven’t talked anything about p*** in your diary. So I think only jacking off is a problem for you. If that is the case, then go on a full blown brahmacharya mode. @Dvija is committed to it. He is a BEAST. Join him bro.

You really are in a very important stage in your life. Commit for Brahmacharya for the next 6 years and work extremely hard on your start up. Establish it; become a millionaire (If that is important for you) and then marry at age 32 or something.
Brahmacharya is a great tool. Lust is greatest enemy for greatness. Look at children. Why they are innocent and always happy? They don’t have lust.
Conquer your lust. That is the path to greatness. Easier said than done; but it is possible. We all know thousands of people in the forum itself who reached 365+, 500+ and hundreds of people who reached 1000+ days.
So, as I said with 100% commitment, only with 100% commitment you can change everything brother.

6 Likes

Great words from a great man @Tagore . You write so well.

1 Like

@Tagore bro i am not able to access my Desktop currently. I will reply to you later regarding this.

2 Likes

Brother @anon65589122 , I meditated using this video that you sent, this afternoon for just five minutes and it created extreme anxiety and pain at first. My head even felt like exploding; (not exaggerating. Literally!). Seeing everyone, everything disappearing; leaving us once and for all. But by the end, I was crying and became extremely present. The first thing I looked when I opened my eyes was a book that I was reading and I was crying due to the gratitude that I have it.

God! We really have very less time in this world. Why, how can we waste it on meaningless things like pmo, gossiping, browsing. Brother, I’ll continue doing this everyday. No matter what, after completing my asanas, pranayama etc I’ll do a this meditation and will start my day.
I’ll let go of everything meaningless and unnecssary
I thank you from the bottom of my heart man. This helped a lot, I mean, this will even change my life on a 180 degree scale if iam consistent and you introduced me into this. I am out of words to express my gratitude. :pray: :pray: :pray:
Also I am planning to join a viapasana retreat meditation course of 10 days that you suggested after lockdown. it is here in my place (Kerala, India). Again, you gave me this invaluable gift. I am out of words :pleading_face:

2 Likes

@Tagore Bro currently I am not following any fix guided meditation for death meditation. I found a lot of knowledge from Wikipedia and some of the Buddhist sources. It’s a basic contemplation. I have also gathered knowledge from various sources like the blog daily stoic and books by Seneca. I tried to copy the famous Steve Jobs quote that “What will I do today if today is my last day.”

These are:

1. A corpse that is "swollen, blue and festering."
2. A corpse that is "being eaten by crows, hawks, vultures, dogs, jackals or by different kinds of worms."
3. A corpse that is "reduced to a skeleton together with (some) flesh and blood held in by the tendons."
4. A corpse that is "reduced to a blood-besmeared skeleton without flesh but held in by the tendons."
5. A corpse that is "reduced to a skeleton held in by the tendons but without flesh and not besmeared with blood."
6. A corpse that is "reduced to bones gone loose, scattered in all directions."
7. A corpse that is "reduced to bones, white in color like a conch."
8. A corpse that is "reduced to bones more than a year old, heaped together."
9. A corpse that is "reduced to bones gone rotten and become dust." [[3]](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara%E1%B9%87asati#cite_note-3)

The [Satipatthana Sutta](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satipatthana_Sutta) instructs the meditator to reflect thus: 'This body of mine, too, is of the same nature as that body, is going to be like that body, and has not got past the condition of becoming like that body.'

According to the *Maranassati Sutta* (2) a monk should reflect on the many possibilities which could bring death and then turn his thoughts to the unskillful mental qualities he has yet to abandon. "Just as when a person whose turban or head was on fire would put forth extra desire, effort, diligence, endeavor, undivided mindfulness, & alertness to put out the fire on his turban or head, in the same way the monk should put forth extra desire, effort, diligence, endeavor, undivided mindfulness, & alertness for the abandoning of those very same evil, unskillful qualities. 

So above what I written imagining these kind of things can be too much for some people. So I would suggest do as much as one can handle.

Also below things shoud be contemplated repeatedly while meditating.

Atisha’s contemplations on death:

1. Death is inevitable.
  2. Our life span is decreasing continuously.
  3. Death will come, whether or not we are prepared for it.
  4. Human life expectancy is uncertain.
  5. There are many causes of death.
  6. The human body is fragile and vulnerable.
  7. At the time of death, our material resources are not of use to us.
  8. Our loved ones cannot keep us from death.
  9. Our own body cannot help us at the time of our death.

I have noticed when I just used to remind ourselves about death for few seconds it didn’t had much effect on me.I started to see the effect when I purposely used to sit for 5-10 mins and contemplate on the inevitability of death. I found that even just imagining ourselves as old person is very terrifying. No one wants to be old but that’s what it is the reality.

You can try the guided meditation on Death meditation also or you can do it without it if you already know what to contemplate on.

Thanks man. I have also read read most of your posts in the diary. I have seen this video and will watch few more times. I have come long way since I joined this forum. It was impossible for me earlier even to not relapse for 7 days but now I have much control over it. I have reached the 14 days multiple times and I think I will keep progressing, So, I am thankful to you as well as well other members of this community.

Yes, My main problem is Masturbation. I can see @Dvija is doing really well. I have some female friends right now so I don’t know if it will completely possible for me to follow full Brahmacharya. I feel like I have to stop talking to them as I read the rules of the Brahmacharya.

I am definitely committed to it. I have stayed on this forum for a long. And I guess I won’t let it waste it. I have to get something out of it.

@Tagore Thanks again.

I am happy that it helped you. Yeah, Vipassana retreat can be a great experience. You should definitely try it. Also, it is without any cost. I have recommended it to many people and from everyone, I heard praise about it no complaining.

3 Likes

Dude you saw this ??? What’s this happening :sweat_smile::joy:. Is he getting money?

6 Likes

I don’t get. Seems like a sales pitch to me. That’s how people start when they want to start selling something. But don’t understand how it will work on this app. At least he is not doing anything in this forum that is good.

5 Likes

Man, He even think like it is a trending page. :joy: #1 trending, but yeah people like his posts. And the reason He keeps on writing is he is getting recognition. And He is being supported by the message board community. I will ask him to post that people should join forum. Because I know most of them are unaware of it. But His posts are good. And He is helping people. So, Yeah We support him either way. But the way he advertises his post. Trending one…:joy::joy::rofl::rofl: I love it. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I really wanna know why urges "tease " us…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

The reason he is getting recognition because he knows how to create sensation. If you see his posts he will write that he got the answer after lot of research. The information he is sharing won’t be available anywhere. But that’s not true. But that’s how sales work.

:joy: :joy:

5 Likes

BCS urges are naughty & they are meant for teasing😆

3 Likes