🌙 RAMADAN CHALLENGE 2022 (entries closed)

MESSAGE TO ALL

Pls check in Daily during Ramadan. Also, we all live in different places where there may be difference of 1 day of Islamic Calender so post accordingly.
May we all discover self control and success in Ramadan. Ameen

5 Likes

Your prayer at time of Iftaar will not be rejected. So do pray that we all successfully quit PMO and lead a life of good deeds.

Satan is chained in this month. So Satan will not tempt you to relapse.Furthermore, we fast everyday and fasting breaks the power of Nafs. All we think about is food and not relapsing if we are guarding our eyes. And If we offer Salat on time and as Salat protects us from immoral acts then, combined these 3 things will make quitting PMO so much easy.
The above 3 things are done by almost everyone. Furthermore we can read Quran and do Zikr to level up our Imaan even more.

Ramadan is the most opportune and easiest time to quit PMO… Let’s not waste this once an year opportunity. No one know if they will see next Ramadan or not. Don’t waste this opportunity.

6 Likes

Day 1 check :v: all good

2 Likes

Already Started fasting ?

3 Likes

Yes today is the 1st of ramadan where i live

3 Likes

Good insight, but i don’t agree with you in two things.
First: the real problem with PMO is “nafs” means your “soul”. And satan will stay away from you as long as you pray and make “doua”, it’s just our needy undisciplined soul that wants that dirty pleasure, and ramadan will make your nafs weaker because you’re not giving it food from before the sunrise to sundown. This will help you teach yourself some discipline.
Second thing : focusing on food is not a good idea…
We crave food just like we crave other things…
Rather focus on hunger and on being on empty stomach, think of those who barely eat and those who didn’t fill their stomach in years while still being productive and doing your daily tasks.
“People who complain about fasting still don’t know the real meaning and goal behind it”
Ramadan fasting is about teaching your soul some manners, is about taking control over your urges.
It’s a great chance for us to be in control over our “nafs”
Fasting will reduce your energy a little, but your mental focus will become so high!
“The more someone fills his stomach the more he become lazy” and we all experienced that.
Much love and Good luck to everyone.

4 Likes

@anasana11

U r right about both things. It’s not the Satan but our nafs that is the problem. But I’m just saying in Ramadan it will easier to control our nafs due to absence of Satan ( little help) and weakening of nafs (major help)

About hunger, Im not saying we should focus on hunger, I’m just saying that we will naturally be thinking about food unless we change our focus to better things.

4 Likes

Day one : Done
Current streak : 47 days

2 Likes

Asalamo aalaykom guys,
5 Salawat (prayers): done
First day was great alhamdulilah.
Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Walikumassalam

Great Ma Sha Allah, let’s go!!!

1 Like

I just realized that time is going to pass anyway. Why not do our best. If I had started 90 days ago, then my streak would have been 90 days. My streak isn’t 90 days but 90 days have still passed.Just do your best, use this Ramadan because we won’t know and Ramadan would be over in a blink.

I also realized that we need the mindset of a warrior. Especially a boxer. Just notice how confident they are, and how tough they talk before the fight. And during the fight, they not only punch hard but also take the pain of getting punched but still don’t give up. At the end, last one standing wins.

We will defeat PMO. We are stronger than this. And we can take hits and still remain standing. Doesn’t matter how many attacks of urges come, we know how to block and hit back. Doesn’t matter how much painful or tiresome this recovery period gets, we won’t quit because at the end of this lies our freedom and success. Time is going to pass anyway, why not give our best.

4 Likes

2/4/2022

:white_check_mark:Citation of morning :sunrise: اذكار الصباح
:no_entry_sign:Pray 5 times (fard & sunah) :innocent:
:no_entry_sign:Reading Quran :pray: ( … pages)
:no_entry_sign:Reading translation(tafsir) :open_book:
From surat [] ayat :[]
:white_check_mark:Study 3 hours :monkey:
:white_check_mark:Work out ( 30 min):grin:
:x:Healthy food
:white_check_mark:No Arabic series :skull_and_crossbones:
:white_check_mark:Doaa for myself and my family
and friends
:white_check_mark: Zikr :bulb:

500 استغفر الله العظيم من كل ذنبا عظيم (3x)
50 اللهم صلي و سلم على سيدنا محمد
50 الحمد لله (3x)
30 لا حول و لا قوة إلا بالله (3x)
30حسبي الله و نعم الوكيل (3x)
30 لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين (3x)
(This triples I spend it one but one not all in one time , I did it separately)

+Zikr in plus :
1010 لا إله إلا الله
100اللهم صلي على سيدنا محمد

:no_entry_sign:Taraweeh :seedling:
:white_check_mark:Citation of night :bridge_at_night:اذكار المساء

Thank God for my first day :pray:

4 Likes

Brother, I am not Muslim so I don’t have any idea about Islamic calendar. So please guide me associated with this.

The only thing I know is that in my place when I asked some of my Muslim friends, they told , the moon associated with this auspicious day appeared yesterday night. I relapsed yesterday evening. But many people here have checked in here before yesterday night. So I am doubtful whether I am out of this challenge or not ?

So if I am not out of this challenge , please consider this as my daily check in.

3 Likes

Day 2 Check in :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

@anon87955785 actually this is a 1 month fasting challenge plus noPMO. We Muslims would be fasting too. But if you want to join this challenge for noPMO only then you can, no problem…

This challenge started yesterday at Sunset so if you relapsed yesterday evening you are Good to join👍.

Okay sure.

3 Likes

Yes because moon was sighted 1 day before where they live. So there are people on different day of Islamic Calender in different countries.

3 Likes

I believe fasting will speed up our brain rewiring process and make recovery much easier. I hope I continue fasting even after Ramadan.

2 Likes

DAY 01 of Ramadan
Everything is going well❤️

1 Like

So first day was good … I am just late for the entry will keep this in mind for remaining days .

Taraweeh - :white_check_mark:
5 times salat - :white_check_mark:
Quran recitation - :white_check_mark:
Exercise - :x:
No music or unnecessary videos - :white_check_mark:
Eating healthy food - :white_check_mark:
Islamic videos from YouTube - :white_check_mark:

Current streak - 3 days

3 Likes

Check in Day 1

Prayer to quit PMO at Iftaar :white_check_mark:
No Binge eating at Sehri/Iftaar :white_check_mark:
No junk/fast food :white_check_mark:
5 times Salat :white_check_mark:
Tahajjud :white_check_mark:
Quran :white_check_mark:
Study :white_check_mark:
Exercise before Iftaar :white_check_mark:
(17 minutes total… 3 sets of 15 push-ups, 15 crunches and 100 jump ropes)
No Movies etc :white_check_mark:
No Social Media :white_check_mark:

Current Weight= 104.2 Kgs :sweat_smile:

I will In sha Allah try to lose weight by diet control and exercising. Let’s see how much I lose. Target 1 is to reach 100 Kgs and target 2 is to reach 96 by end of Ramadan. I’ll be happy even if I reach 100 before EID.

5 Likes