New semester, new try
5 months ago I started this nofap journey and I came quite far even though I’m back on day 1
Tomorrow the new semester at university starts and with it, I’m back in Germany, the place where I relapse the most
I wan’t this semester to be a really good one. Just a quick summery of what I reached and what my plan for the next months is.
- Sometimes I start to feel my old self again (how I was before my addiction) I’m curious, wanna do new stuff and I enjoy nature again. The moments where I think "why should I watch a porn if I could go out for a hike??
- my relation with my dad got better again. (my interest in what he reached in his life, has grown a lot
- Less moody, more often happy then I was half a year ago
- After working with a psychologist for about 3 years I’m finally close to a normal life without severe mental issues. The root is pulled out. Just need to cement these mindsets
- figured out a possible morning routine which works pretty well for me
goal for this semester:
- Working on my self discipline (if someone knows a good video feel free to share). This should help me to keep me on track, no watching porn and get stuff done instead of procrastinating.
- No multitasking. If I’m learning I do nothing else. No youtube, no twitch, no porn. just focus on one thing at the time
- healthy free time besides university. Don’t study all night long inefficiently. (being more efficient while working and then also take the rest of the day and spend it on my hobbies)
- Establish the mentioned morning routine, as well as a evening routine.
(morning routine: getting up, drinking a glass of water, make my bed, open the shutter and taking a look at my whiteboard (on this I wrote a lot of stuff down: What kind of person am I with porn vs what am I without porn. What is my true personality, my main goals and some motivating quotes)
when coming home routine: still have to figure it out but something like watching a video of “elevated recovery”, looking at my whiteboard again, maybe meditation.)
night routine: close laptop and smartphone at 11pm, stretching, reading for 15min (ish), recall the day and compliment myself for all the things I did well. Write down small goals for the next day))
- Longer streaks (Something like a 40 day average), no binging after a relapse
- Using this forum only once a day (most of the topics are not motivating me to take action but exactly the opposite. They focus on NOT fapping, NOT acting on your urges, which things should I NOT do because they are bad for me. All this negativity and telling my what i mustn’t do is not how my brain works. I need someone who helps me to see were I wanna be and I will figure out a way to achieve that, This motivating voice is elevated recovery)