Nerbo's Diary : Life as it passes by

Thank you Brother. The moment I woke up, I told myself, ‘No, I can’t be holding pity parties now. I need to push hard. What am I doing whining about my loss like a whimpering puppy? If I cannot handle my emotions, if I cannot hold myself against challenges, how will I ever become a leader of people far more skilled at this present moment in my comparison?’

After hitting myself with these strong questions, I left my bed and went straight to the table. I sat around 7 am and it is now 3.20 pm at my place, believe me, I haven’t left my table and what I had planned to do over a course of three days, I am about to wind up today itself.

I was so ashamed of myself last night, that I didn’t even update my offline diary. But now after I have done double of my target, I will fill in the diary of today as well as yesterday.

Thaaaaaank you Brother. You people are so nice. So loving. Your words are balms over wounds of heart and mind. These words make me feel blessed with a great company. I have said this multiple times. There are no haters, no QUITTERS on this forum. This community, this group, is simple heavenly.

Duas for you brother. May you go strong. May you rise higher. :heart:

2 Likes

I was back in form yesterday. I thought it would stay. But my state today was not well. There was a headache that kept pestering me until I fell asleep for a long time during the day. Now it is night and I hardly feel able to fall asleep. Will have to engage myself somehow in some activity. Or else I will be doomed.

2 Likes

Engaging yourself in some healthy activity is best to do during this challenge…
Thats what i felt

The more u r free…
The more chances of going on wrong track

1 Like

Yeah of course Brother. But when I said ‘I will be doomed’, I didn’t actually mean PMO. I know I won’t be PMOing even if I waste this entire night. There is some internal belief system. I know the last time was just a stupid slip and will not happen again whatever happens.

I am more worried about life in general. I had plans that I will be known across the world for some special abilities, especially my fluency with English, creative writing and philosophy. None of that has happened yet. As more and more time passes by, these empty no-work days pester me more. Moreover, it appears as if I am underperforming since last year June. I have not been in my top shape. Not motivated enough, a little deviated in fact. Wasted days, weeks, months playing chess, picked a shitty job which didn’t pay well and was much below my level of intellect, then didn’t get my JRF and didn’t get through many IITs that I had thought. So things since last year were hard and I too let things loose. They are still very much hanging. So PMO is not even my concern. I am more worried about my life. I want to break into the big leagues, make a name and hit big. I can’t be a lousy, little, middle-class nobody. I can live like that but I can’t die being just that. I will be someone. I will make a name one day.

2 Likes

Thats the spirit and will power…
Really happy to see your confidence to never PMO

2 Likes

U have some big goals in life…
To have a goal is where most of us lack…
We even didn’t set any goals or are just wishes…
We are not determined to achieve that…

Happy to read all that…
Hope so u will win in real life too

2 Likes

You will have goals. They will come naturally to you. Reveal themselves like a rainbow after rain. But you need to stay in the rain and bear it. Whatever path you are on, believe that nobody will take you down. You will be the best. Belief, it is the key to unlock the deepest treasures.

Not only will you have goals, you are going to achieve them too. This forum belongs to Winners. :trophy:

2 Likes

Surely In Shaa Allah

2 Likes

29 April, 2023

I have just entered the new day and I am not very positive with my lifestyle. I am delaying works, letting down people who believe in me. I do get some bursts of energy, but they are not consistent. I am failing my plans on a daily basis and it is not a very charming feeling to have. Maybe, it is my negative outlook or something, maybe I have always been a person who works in bursts with long periods of inactivity, or maybe, this time the problem is a little deeper.

However, what I am unable to figure out is that when I used to be low on energy, I was way more productive. Now when I have energy, I am much better, physically, mentally, emotionally and socially, what is then hindering me? What is this mysterious hold on my ability to work? Why is this procrastination so damn intense? Also, I am no longer using the bed for work. I sit at the table literally all day, and then end up doing absolutely nothing.

I need to ask myself tough questions. But can it be my spiritual weakness which is slowing me down. One thing that has pushed me more than anything has been religion. My family has always been a religious one. My father offers his prayers in a very punctual manner. My mother is stronger in her belief, although less punctual. I have myself made huge sacrifices in the way of religion. However, few years back, something smeared my soul. The touch of a female body, and a beautiful one. I do not mean an intense physical relationship or anything here. I literally mean a long experience of knowing someone, someone whom I should not have known, and then being allowed just close enough to hold hands in a crowded space and then being pushed away, all because of quite a racist reason.

The end result was that being so close, imagining the building up of an unlawful relationship, I had almost staked my spiritual purity. And when I lost the person, neither worldly happiness nor spiritual power was left in my lot. Of course, the touch of a real female made me realise the reality of the pixel world, that it was a dry, unhappy and unfulfilling pit of gloom. It made my NoFap streaks longer, but pushed me away from spirituality. I had always asked Allah to guide me away from this addiction. Now when I am strong, powerful and away from the addiction, I believe that I have achieved this power all through a wrong window. I do not feel that intensity in my prayers. The words of prayers escape my lips like statements hollow of any emotions. I do not burn in the desire to pray. I don’t feel humbled before my Lord. Even when things go wrong, I am unable to take them to my Lord and cry. I have tried asking Lord himself to help me out but it feels as if that spiritual cord has been severed.

I don’t know how I have become so unproductive. I do need to get up. I vow that today onwards, I won’t eat until I have done 2 hours of labour before my every meal. I will not eat until I have said my prayers. I will starve myself to death but will not go easy on myself. I always wanted to be the best. Now, is my time to be the Best and I must grab it with my teeth.

2 Likes

29th April, 2023
Today was a better day , as I realised that everything that doesn’t happen according to the plan, is not our fault. It might be that we are facing a tough time and it has its effects. At some places where human strength would have sufficed, it will take superhuman efforts which requires proper scheduling and single minded devotion to the work.

I have submitted my SOP to IIT Jodhpur and will be done with my IIT Delhi Research Proposal tomorrow. Let’s see what happens. But this day was a better one. Hope the next one turns out to be even better.

3 Likes

April 30th, 2023

Sigh. April came to an end without any good news. The month which I had thought would open the doors of joy for me, didn’t do so. Anyways, I know that the upcoming months are months of struggle. I need to push as hard as I can. There will only be some good news beyond this hard work.
Currently dead with exhaustion. Also, my spirit of workout is pumping up daily and tomorrow might just be the day when I begin.

Anyway. Life is a pretty experience anyway. At least, I can watch Naruto.

3 Likes

1st May, 2023

Workout :green_circle:

Did manage to finally get myself to workout.

The Naruto Challenge is on and I have my safety helmet on, so I don’t need to fear relapses. Also, the May Study Challenge is beginning so I have to brace up. I have to beat JRF this time. Gotta sleep. I have challenges ahead tomorrow.

Also, life is interesting and diverse.

3 Likes

2nd May, 2023

Nothing happened.

2 Likes

Bro atleast try to write something don’t be completely like shikamaru. :joy:

3 Likes

Actually I am quite a lot like Shikamaru. When there is no work, I am a sloth. :joy:

1 Like

Enough bantering around. I am already 9 days ahead of my older self. In fact, if I count the intermittent sad episode of a day or two around Eid, I believe I am continuous with my freedom from the P-prison. So, it is time to fling my conscious avoidance of P, as I know I have trained my subconscious and have removed all the baits around myself.

I need to get down to grind. Do some shit. Make a move and break some rocks. I need to prove myself this time around. And I need to do it anyway.

3 Likes

3rd May, 2023

Even after knowing that there is no chance of me to get into an IIT without a JRF, I have sent my research proposal. Let us simply see what happens.

Rest, I passed my night watching the most engrossing episodes of the Naruto series. I know from this part around it is going to be extremely difficult to save myself from clicking next. But I know certainly that Shippuden has to wait. I can’t let myself get washed away. I can’t even think of rewarding myself with it. I know that Naruto itself is quite a longish one. I never intended on finishing 220 episodes, but I already find myself through with 130 episodes. I know it is far better than watching some triggering bullshit or chess game reviews. I know that when I get to work I won’t fall back on it. I know that every episode of Naruto is pushing my spring of life further down, storing more energy into me, so that when this spring will be released it will be with a bang.

How much love and motivation I have got from this community, I can’t tell. I feel like spending all my days here. It is like a got a whole bunch of great friends here. Not just friends but a like minded high spirited group. I can’t thank my Lord enough for this great favour. :heart:

5 Likes

4th May, 2023

Had my first experience of voting. In my later updates, I might reflect on it more elaborately perhaps. For now, it was a new kind of experience that sprinkled water of freshness over the sleeping face of my life.

Apart from this, nothing new. Nothing to add. No study. Pathetic state with regards to studies. I have to go to sleep now anyway.

Although yeah, I am much happier. I have better health and I do not feel in any sense propelled towards any dumb addiction whatsoever. Slowly I am also growing mindful of my screen time. I know controlling and being mindful is not the same but I believe the latter will give me a more tremendous advantage when I decide to control it.

4 Likes

I practice mindfulness meditation for about half an hour, twice a day. And I can feel when I’m getting a “screen brain”. I’ve found taking breaks (even as short as 5mins), relaxing/de-stressing, being aware of my breathes, going for a walk, being IRL or nature/greenaries, getting outta my head and in my body and the world outside me to be helpful!

3 Likes

5th May and 6th May.

Did practically nothing useful.
Watched Naruto quite a lot. But I can sense my days of being a workhorse are not far. They are arriving. I can hear their footsteps.

2 Likes