[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

Buddha… you are a awesome man.

3 Likes

2020-07-05T16:33:00Z
DAY 5

Had a narraow escape from nocturnal emissions last night.
My brain clicked at the right time while I was dreaming. I immediately left the bed, it was 3:13 AM.

What I did?

1. Immediately woke up and started chanting Gayatri Mantra
  2. Drink water and urinate
  3. Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Maha Bandha and Maha Mudra
  4. Omkar chanting with Mool Bandha
  5. Noted my experience in journal.

Will include Bandha and Mudra in daily routine now.

Positive aspect of waking early-Afterall it felt great to wake up before sun rise.
Went for running after that. It was super dark so kept my phone with light on. Played gayatri mantra by Shaan on the way.

Morning excercise-around 3 km running, full body stretching, Surya Namaskar, Hindu pushup (harder variation- reverse in similar fashion as going down), squats, lunges
House and utensils cleaning
Newspaper, Study, Lunch
Russian lesson
A good siesta for around an hour
Study e book
Went to mom and sis, did evening workout and shower there, packed dinner cooked by mom
Evening excercises-pushup, squats, burpees, mountain climbers, forward lunges, shirsasana, skipping 200, mahabandh and mahamudra, omkar chanting
Dinner
Going to sleep now.

Today’s Learnings

1. The successive change is the cause of manifold evolution
    Even a small improvement daily can make an overhauling changes in body, mind, character and ultimately soul. So need to keep improving…Have patience and keep it on…

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code-s1jc5f

6 Likes

What is siesta ?

2 Likes

A nap, especially an afternoon one taken after lunch, but I took it after my brain is exhausted after mental fatigue. It rejuvenate my mind and body for next task.

3 Likes

2020-07-06T16:03:00Z
DAY 6

Woke up at 2:13 AM to drink water
Finally awake at 03:38 AM
Gayatri Mantra, Omkaar and meditation
My left calf muscle was giving a bit pain (maybe because of running), Oil massage of legs

Morning workout- 3 km running, full body stretching, Hindu pushup, Surya namaskar, splayed feet squats, forward lunges

Newspaper, e Book reading.

Took an extra shower after lunch

Fruitful discussion with a friend regarding integrity and it’s importance in achieving success.

Evening workout- pushups, burpees, squats, inchworm

After taking bath meditation, Omkaar chanting, practiced hatha yoga- Moolbandha and Mahamudra

Today’s learning

1. Believe your self, no matter what and remember- you are the best!

“Maybe I made a mistake yesterday, but yesterday’s me is still me. I am who I am today, with all my faults. Tomorrow I might be a tiny bit wiser, and that’s me, too. These faults and mistakes are what I am, making up the brightest stars in the constellation of my life. I have come to love myself for who I was, who I am, and who I hope to become.”- Kim Namjoon

Good night friends

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code-s1jc5f

7 Likes

2020-07-07T15:42:00Z
Day 7

Bad Dream again…
Thanks to my improving self awareness, I am able to sense and check it. Woke up at 2:57 AM sensing a potential nightfall. Immediately practiced Moolbandh.

I think I am able to deal with my concious mind (no urges for PMO at all), but the real issue is dealing with subconscious mind (Maybe my past habit is triggering the brain at night). Thankfully I prevented a potential nightfall. Will definitely gain control over subconscious mind gradually.

1 hour meditation, uddayan bandh and Mahamudra.

Morning workout-2km running, 1km walk, hindu pushups, Surya Namaskar, lunges, splayed feet squats

Bath, breakfast, newspaper
E book, drafted ITR

I think I could not study much. Need to be more focussed.

Evening workout- regular pushups,diamond pushups, squats, skipping 200

Yoga- Mahamudra, Moolbandha and Jalandhar-bandh

Light dinner-banana and turmeric milk

Today’s learning

“Success is not owned, it is rented- and that rent is due every day.”
-Rory Vaden

So let’s do it bit by bit, brick by brick. One punch at a time…

6 Likes

2020-07-08T16:09:00Z
DAY 8

Slept early last night. Eyes opened twice before finally waking up at 4:07
Running, morning workout as usual
After bath breakfast, newspaper as usual
Tried to bake a cake with sisters for mom’s bday
Could not dedicate much time for study today
Evening workout as usual
Practiced Dhyaan, pranayam and yogasanas
Dinner is done going to sleep now after watching a documentry of Swami Chinmayananda

“You’r stronger than you think”
-Jen Freymond

Peace!

8 Likes

I have heard Laughing Buddha… story.

What is story behind Jumping Buddha ?

3 Likes

Haha, thanks for asking.
In my opinion Buddha is a representation of peace, stability, celibacy and freedom. He was in full control of his thoughts, emotions and action. The Buddha inside me used to jump a lot and still does. Thats why the word JumpingBuddha.
I am trying to hold the real Buddha inside.

It also have an alternate meaning- Jumping from volatility to stability, to established brahmacharya and to superconciousness- To realise the full potential of this life…

Thanks and Regards

7 Likes

2020-07-09T16:25:00Z
DAY 9

Woah! Today also I got up two times around 23:59 PM to pee and around 2 AM
But finally woke up at 3:45 AM. Am I drinking too much water? I remember taking a sip before sleeping. Is this why I am getting up in between?
Well…after waking up Drink water, Meditation
Running 3km, morning exercise(Lunges, Surya Namaskar, Hindu pushup, splayed feet squats)
One thing I can say with full conviction that waking before the sunrise has given me another level of satisfaction. I am able to enjoy the nature and it’s components thoroughly. See the beauty of Venus in pitch dark, which I captured while running. It’s comparable to our condition I guess, but wait there will be a new morning soon…

Bath, Breakfast, newspaper
I tried meditation last evening taking few tips from

I reached the state of mild sleep state as mentioned in article. Practiced it again. Need to explore more…
Spent some time in rewire community.
Lunch at 11:30
Russian lesson
I downloaded the 11th week newsletter from GYE, (yesterday liked the story of Rav Amram in 12th week edition).
Went to nursery to bring some saplings, will do plantation tomorrow morning.(lets contribute a bit to nature…:blush:)
Evening workout-regular pushups, diamond pushups, wide arm pushups, burpees, squats
Bath, prepared dinner
Will sleep after some meditation

5 Likes

Keep going brother we will win… :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Sure brother, we are born to win :pray:

1 Like

You are near to 30 … what are your plans of marriage ?

1 Like

I never really gave it a serious thought yet. I think I told you about larger goals.
I am not thinking much about that… And fortunately I don’t have any external pressure for that right now.
Peace.

2 Likes

2020-07-10T15:52:00Z
DAY 10

My sleep cycle broke at 4:07 AM, was feeling a bit pain in body. Maybe because I am not using any mattress…
Continued meditation in shavasan pose till I left the bed at 4:18 AM

Drank a glass of water and left for Running (3km) and morning exercise(Surya Namaskar, Hindu pushup, splayed feet squats)
My experience till now in this small journey, I have always woken up with a fresh mind without any sleepy eyes or laziness. And that feels great. Make Ourself Great Again!

Lunch at 11:00 then Vajrasan
Dad need to see ENT doctor, so accompanied him.
Meanwhile practiced Moolbandha.
Russian lesson
Evening workout-regular pushups wide arm pushups, burpees, squats

Bath, mild fast for today-стакан молока
Will sleep after some meditation and reading.

Today’s learning

1. Peace of mind is of utmost importance in this journey. If the water is still and clear one can see the image clearly. What if you throw even a small pebble on it, the whole reflection is distorted. Must check these waves and the best way is to address the cause-not to throw the pebbles at first place…

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code:s1jc5f

8 Likes

2020-07-11T16:19:00Z
DAY 11

Woke up at 1:39 AM sensing a potential nightfall, avoided it by Moolbandha and UddiyanaBandha
Slept after some Omkaar chanting
4:32 AM woke up
Drank a glass of water
Running (1km) and morning exercise(Surya Namaskar, Hindu pushup)

Read the book PRACTICE OF BRAHMACHARYA By Swami Sivananda (select topics) Practice of Brahmacharya (No Hatha Yoga Illustrations) – The Divine Life Society

Lunch
Work (miscellaneous)
Study
Meanwhile practiced Siddhasan, Matsyasan, Moolbandha, Jalandhar Bandha and Uddiyan Bandha and Pranayam
After the Shavasan slipped into a refreshing nap for an hour or so.
After waking up, read some more from above mentioned book, finished reading chapter IV of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, will start fourth and last chapter tomorrow.

Evening workout-regular and hover pushups, plank, leg raises, squats, shirshasana, mandukasan
Bath, Meditation
Dinner

“Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better”
-Emile Coue

"Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst.”
-Frederick Buechner

Peace!
JumpingBuddha

4 Likes

2020-07-12T16:19:00Z
DAY 12

Woke up at 1:12 AM to pee and slept again.
Woke up at 3:54 AM
Morning workout-2km running, lunges, Hindu pushup, Surya namaskar, splayed feet squats
Meditation, pranayama and yoga
bath, Breakfast, Newspaper
Cooking
Book reading then Lunch
Reading
at around 5:00 PM practices Siddhasana and Moolbandha (feeling bored)
I got rid of Google hangouts app today.
Mostly engaged in reading various posts in rewire. Researched some material for sound sleep.

Evening workout- went for a small walk(500m), regular declined and wide arm pushup, squats, burpees, jumping jacks, spalyed calf raises
Bath then yoga- Jalandhar, Uddiyana, Moolbandha and Mahabandha, Shirshasana, Pawanmuktasana
Dinner
After some meditation Going to sleep…

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code-s1jc5f

PS: Any suggestions for those sleep break?

1 Like

What sleep break are you talking about ! Did you woke up in middle of night ?

I want to ask you… where is a Holiday or Rest Day in your Routine ?
Like i take a day off from excercises & all … after every 4 days.

1 Like

Yes I woke up.

I don’t have rest day for excercise.

2 Likes

A day off is necessary to thank yourself and break from monotonous habits.

4 Likes