Brothers, Sisters, Gentlefolk of all shapes and sizes!
At some point in life of this community the League of Gentlemen used to be one of the most active threads, gathering plenty of us and helping us push through. I used it myself - I reported daily for 18 days in order to get into its ranks, and then I continued on to a month, a season, almost a year. First it was the group that helped me. Then, I wanted to help the group and keep it up.
Thus, as I reach my 18th day as a gentleman, I want to reinstate this challenge as the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
We will start with a simple rule (ammended due to a possible misunderstandings) - You start at 0, no matter what is your CS. You keep on reporting for 18 days and go back to 0 if you relapse. However, if you succeed to keep up from 0 to 18, you can count yourself among the Extraordinary Gentlemen. From that point on, Your actual streak goes to the leaderboard, not the reported time.
Maybe this will grow back, maybe it will stay small - but let us keep this not as a challenge per se, but as a group of support - anyone who wants to become a gentleman can come here and seek help from those who already got there. And those who are among the Extraordinary Gentlemen Can keep on going, bringing support by leading the way and paving the path.
Who’s with me?
- Every body has a person inside. This very person deserves recognition and dignity. Keep this in mind!
- Every day may be your last - so live it the way you would like to leave this life!
- Growth needs humility - you start to learn after you admit you don’t know what to do.
- Every second is precious - so make use of as many as you can! But don’t beat yourself if you won’t - nobody every did.
- Find your principles. Try your best to follow them. If you fail to do so, you loose a fight, but by not having them you loose the war.
- Be honest. You may fool everybody, even yourself - but if you fool yourself, who’s left to tell the truth?
- Keep on trying. If you fail, get up, learn from your mistake and grow stronger.
- Life is not a series of 100-meter dashes. It is a journey, so treat it as such.
- When you first come here, you’re a candidate at reporting Day 0. It doesn’t matter what is your Current Streak. Despite this, you should share your Sharing Code with us.
- For 18 days you should report daily your progress. If you relapse, you start over - but it doesn’t keep you from coming back!
- A person who reports in Day 18 is counted among the Gentlemen.
- If you skip more than 5 days of reporting, you are out. It doesn’t mean you cannot come back!
- After becoming a Gentlemen instead of reported days your Current streak counts to the leaderboard.
- A Gentleman may still gain trophy for 30 days (), 60 days () and 90 days ().
- Every Gentlemen is encouraged to take up a self-growth goal or habit, which he can tell us about to provide motivation for the candidates.
|Nick||Days reported||Sharing code|
Open for everybody!
A good habit cannot hurt, and self-improvement efforts can improve one’s well-being and, therefore, reinforce good self-image.
If you want to enroll, I need two things:
- A short name for the habit to be tracked
- Date when you started
- A bit of description concerning details of the habit
In this part of our group I don’t ask you for daily report, but you’re welcome to include it with daily report. I will be updating the streaks here as often as I manage. This way, we have a list of good habits that may be followed and taken up by anybody
If you want to have your streak reset here, you should let us know on the board!
|Nick||Days of habit||Habit||Started on…|
|2||Reading self-improvement book||28.08.2023|