Diary of Aragorn

Thank you so much man.

I really appreciate your support.

As you said, there is no time for giving up. Not today. I am continuing the journey of becoming the best version of myself.

3 Likes

Okay, I will try it.

1 Like

In case you need, I can also email the file link if you PM me your email address.

1 Like

1 Day Clean

Completed the first day of new streak. Till noon, there was no urges at all. Afternoon three strong urges. I did stick to my plan. As a result I could overcome those strong urges. I am happy now. I am feeling positive about this streak. But I have to be vigilant and be aware.

Thank you @Forerunner @Special_Bird @koylakhadan @Adioz for your support during my bad time after the relapse.

4 Likes

We are here to support you brother.

We believe in you.

You can definitely do this!

4 Likes

2 Days Clean

Everything going well. But strong urges few times a day. Managing with the writter strategies.

4 Likes

Day 1

First of all let me thank from the bottom of my heart these wonderful companion I have.
@Forerunner @Special_Bird @Adioz
Thanks a lot for extending your helping hands during my bad times.

1 day and 8 hours passed on this streak. I have finished listening to ‘The Silver Lining’ episode of The Happiness Lab podcast.

• It discussed about the importance of reference point to become happy in life.
  • We usually have a tendency to put some one better than us as our reference point. This leads to unhappiness and depression. Its better for us to put someone lower than us as reference point.
  • A higher reference point can be good if we try to take inspiration from them and be more productive. But many a times, this is not the case.
  • A Olympic silver medalist is not as happy as bronze medalist. This happens because of the change in reference point. Silver medalist make the gold medalist as the reference point and think about losing the gold medal. On the other hand, the bronze medalist make the fourth place athlete as the reference point and think about winning at least the bronze medal.
  • Am also astonished with the fact that, statistically, Olympic silver medalist is less happy in their entire life than the bronze medalist. And the silver medalist die at a younger age than the bronze medalist.

Listened to the podcast when i was on my bed trying to sleep. Many of my relapsed happened because of my difficulty in falling asleep. I become restless for not falling asleep and watch P and when am done I will get exhausted and fell asleep. Yesterday was similar situation. But I listened the podcast instead.

Many a times I got relapsed due to ultimate boredom and disinterest in whatever am doing. I have to find some new activities which are both productive and enjoyable for me. This is a must to make me not even think of relapsing.

6 Likes

Of course brother, this is what we are here for :slightly_smiling_face:

I have much belief in your ability to escape this, even if it were to take a thousand times more, I would still be here cheering you on bro.

I love that you are bouncing back every time and considering new strategies, this is key.

This is a great move man! Yes, this was definitely my biggest relapse time as well, but I ended up replacing those times of urges with this forum, so I can attest that replacing your activities at this time works well!

Keep fighting brother :muscle:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the support

Let’s keep succeeding each day…

Taking one day at a time…

I am trying to find our more activities I can do when I feel bored.

Hearing podacst is one thing.

2 Likes

1 DAY CLEAN

Thank to the Almighty

• Woke up at early morning and prayed to Almighty to make this year the best.
  • Felt energized after that and read some productivity articles.
  • Took a nap afternoon to make up lost sleep yesterday night.
  • Studies at night.
  • Understood the importance of actually doing things rather than just planning.
  • Only concentrating on one day at a time and not overthinking about what will happen tomorrow.
  • Will try my best to make the day in my hand the best day with out worrying about tomorrow.
  • Decided not to use any digital stuffs (including rewire forum) in early morning. Instead I will use the early morning hours on my studies.

“The best possible way to prepare for tomorrow is to concentrate with all your intelligence, all your enthusiasm, on doing today’s work superbly today. That is the only possible way you can prepare for the future.”

6 Likes

Key to success ! I have this bad habit of overthinking about the future even if it is positive.

You keep learning from failures and we keep learning from you. Thanx for sharing :blush: . All the best

3 Likes

I DID EXACTLY LIKE WHAT I SAID BROTHER.

My goal was not to use any digital stuffs in EARLY MORNING till the breakfast time.

I woke up at 5:30 AM in morning. And I was studying. I checked the forum when I went for having breakfast.

:smile::smile::smile:
:muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

(Sorry for the misunderstanding words brother. I edited it now)

I what I actually meant with “morning” is that I won’t use it till my breakfast time. My mistake for not being clear.

Today I woke up at 5:30 AM exactly as planned. I prayed. I got fresh. Went for a small morning walk outside. Came back and started studying. Completed the first study session of the day.

Then went for breakfast. It was at this time I checked the forum.

Yesterday, I woke up at the same time and directly opened the forum. Then I spend most of my first study session period on the forum and NoFap subreddit. That was a mistake. That’s why I decided not to check the forum or any digital stuff till the breakfast time.

And that goal is achieved for today. Am happy for that.

And now I had breakfast, will resume my studies. I have some personal goals set to achieve today. I wrote them down. Already achieved two of them in the morning study session. :muscle::muscle::muscle: (Which did not happen yesterday). Rest of the goals are on the line. Hoping to have a good day ahead.

I hope you also have a good day. And you also achieve your goals wonderfully.

All the best.
:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

That’s what I have to do too, because otherwise my whole morning can disappear on this app. It’s amazing how much of a sink hole it is for time. Despite its importance, everything needs to have its limits I guess.

3 Likes

I have blocked phone usage from 9 pm to 7:30 am using Stay Focused. That really helps!

1 Like

Mee too using the same application…

Am also using it to block apps…

1 Like

2 DAYS CLEAN

Thanks to the Almighty

• Woke up early and prayed on time.
  • Started studying soon. Better than yesterday. But still room for improvement.
  • Beat 5 strong urges.
  • A nap afternoon helped to reenergise my day and also save myself from the urge.
  • I was better than yesterday. But there are a lot of scope to be better.
  • Taking one day at a time. Gradually improving each day is my goal. Consistency is the core idea am trying to follow.

:white_check_mark: Wake up early
:white_check_mark: Prayers offered
:white_check_mark: Journaling
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: Read few pages

Urges arose all through the day. I always followed my plan:
:white_check_mark: Acknowledged the urge
:white_check_mark: Accepted the urge
:white_check_mark: Acknowledged my freedom to choose
:white_check_mark: Chose my vision of future life.

3 Likes

Good luck, here is a video which can make you stronger. Wisdom from Marcus Aurelius:

https://youtu.be/HNo_cafMjAg

1 Like

Really loved the video man…

Especially these 4 quotes, struck a chord in me

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes