Comingclean's [24 F] diary&thoughts | habits • stress • notes

I’m writing now as I was busy last days.
I’m glad that you share your thoughts here. We had all similar past, same problems. I like reading how you’re getting rid of that. You’re looking like you’re really close to rewire, to be normal again. Some harmful situations can become foundations of great things. I see you’re stronger mentally than if you had easy life. You appreciate good things that happen to you. Keep going, don’t ruin it and you’ll be great person!

5 Likes

Thank you for encouraging me, it means a lot to me, @Hubinho. :sparkles: This isn’t the first time I’m trying and I think my previous experiences, these times and my circumstances are in favor of making real change this time.

5 Likes

The blog post’s author also wrote a book about this topic, which I would like to read some day.

5. Have a cause.

If you don’t give a damn about anything, no one will give a damn about you.’

2 Likes

Last week I downloaded a counting down app/widget as a reminder of my goals and set it to almost two years from now.
It really helps visualizing what I want to achieve and it’s interesting to see how 630 goes down to 629 and so.

This is the app I’m using:

< DAY DAY >

If you want to check every countdown in a pretty and simply way, DAY DAY!

We manage your countdown and anniversary including the date not passing, date that passed, and repeated date.

You can check monthly by the calendar function and take a memo simply!

Manage counting down easily which is easy to forget By DAY DAY!

[App download]

6 Likes

I personally use “countdown timer”, which is probably quite similar. It has a widget which counts down in years : months : days : hours : mins : seconds and it includes a cool selection of backgrounds for the widget. DAY DAY looks like a good app as well. Both definitely help to visualise your journey and not make it seem infinitely far away.

3 Likes

I know, I’m posting too much. :v: These are reminders for myself. :writing_hand:

• make coffee
  • write out 1 to 3 most important tasks
  • find solitude
  • headphones + lo-fi beats/deep focus playlist
  • eliminate distractions
4 Likes

Keep going my dear sister @comingclean . Iam keeping an eye on your streak everyday. I know you really want to build a great, satisfying life with your boyfriend. PMO is the worst enemy in the way of that goal. So whatever happens never go back. Conquer days and days and days. Build a great life. Iam with you with full power in this journey.

6 Likes

Thank you, @Tagore! Means a lot! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Day 29
I’m fine, no urges. I’m sooo grateful for everything I have in my life. I’m busy rn and trying to focus on seeing the good in everything.:fire:

11 Likes

Nice job coming clean day 29 is an amazing achievement, show us men how it is done :blush:, keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Thank you, @hensmkekdmrme! It’s teamwork. :wink:

1 Like

As you know, I’m dating somebody special. He’s also a christian and we both want to save sx for marriage. I’ve never dated someone more than 3 months yet, because this time was enough to figure out whether there’s a perspective in a relationship in long term or not.

I always thought that saving sx is mainly a moral thing, but now I began to see how beneficial it is:

• The foundation of our relationship will be not (only) physical attraction (which fades over time, we’ll be old etc.) but our faith, personalities and life goals.
  • We can/have to learn how to express our love for each other in other ways than just being physical.
  • We can trust each other that in case of we’ll be tempted we’ll be able to stay faithful to each other.
9 Likes

Use mindly app to disect your every task

1 Like

Great words my sister @comingclean. I’ll keep these in mind. Your life is improving like anything, Iam so happy about that. Happiness is growing within you, that is reflected in your words. Also work on your life goals as well. I’ve read somewhere two complete people when joined together will make the best couples. At the end of the day, as Galil Jibran wrote in prophet:

Love one another, but make not a bond
of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between
the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from
one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat
not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone
though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each
other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain
your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near
together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow
not in each other’s shadow.

6 Likes

I like this quote, thanks for sharing, @Tagore :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I downloaded a period tracker app at about 2 weeks ago. I filled it up back to September. I also looked up in my notes the dates of my relapses. I compared the dates: most of the time I relapsed at the time of ovulation, expect the times
when I was really stressed out because of something else like exams, workplace issues etc.

So I came to the conclusion that at times when things are good, I have to focus on the days of ovulation and need to plan work-outs :running_man: everyday or every other day. If things are not so good then I have to focus on coping stress… :point_right: go working out :running_man: everyday or every other day…

Just kidding, I know that sport is not the only way, however, it works. :ok_hand:

This months, my ovulation was last week. I had strong urges constantly. I was fasting partially that days, because one of my close friends had a really important exam and I felt that I had to do something more than praying. I ate only bread and drank water and tea without sugar. So I was hungry, too, which can be a trigger, also. I’m not gonna lie, it was really bad, I almost gave in. I tried everything: sport, praying, listening to worship songs, reading, replying every topic in the forum, but they were temporary solutions, the urges came back and back again.The only thing that hold me back was that if I had have given up I’d have messing up not only my streak and your trust but my friend’s exam and maybe career/life as well. I was scared about that so I didn’t do it.
And actually, after they went away, I also knew in my heart that my friends exam is going to be okay, too, and I was right. :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Since this battle, I feel more stronger and more close to God. I’ve felt this way a really long time ago. I think the trust between us is getting stronger, as well. It’s easier to pray, tp read the Bible… I’m super-grateful for this. The shame also left me…

I have goosebumps from this song and every song this worship team sings. :fire:

:sparkles:

I remember when I was young
And your voice shouting loud my name
And since that moment
I haven’t heard it quite that way
Well, now that I’m older
Could you say it again

I remember when I was afraid
And, oh, the hand I felt lead the way
And for the first time in my life I felt safe
Well, God, now that I’m older
Would you lead me again?

Oh, when the storm is out on the ocean
And the violent wind get’s to blowing
Oh, take me back, back
All the way back
Oh, take me back to my first love

I remember when I was blind
And then Your love opened up my eyes
And oh, the light that flooded my life
Now that I’m older
Would you show me again
Oh, would you show me again

'Cause when the storm is out on the ocean
And the violent wind get’s to blowing
Oh, take me back, back
All the way back
Oh, take me back to my first love

'Cause You are real to me
I have known it from the start
And there’s no space between
The heavens and my heart
You are near to me
I’ve never been too far, hey
And in the in-between
You brought heaven to my heart, yeah

When it was all simple
And loving was easy
When it was all simple
And trusting was easy
When it was all simple
(And loving) And loving was easy
When it was all simple
And trusting was easy
When it was all simple
And loving was easy

Take me back to the start, God
Where You won my heart
How could I ever forget?
Hey, no, I will never forget
No, I will never forget

7 Likes

What a beautiful song :pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi guys, what’s up?

This is a great motivational scene from the movie Facing The Giants. (It’s absolutely PG, recommended.) It’s a simple story but still captivating somehow.

'- Come here, Brock. You too, Jeremy.

- What? Am I in trouble now?

- Not yet. I wanna see you do the death crawl again except I wanna see your absolute best.

- What? You want me to go to the 30?

- I think you can go to 50.

- The 50? I can go to 50 if nobody’s on my back.

- I think you can do it with Jeremy on your back, but even if you can’t I want you to promise me that you’re gonna do your best.

- All right.

- Your best.

- OK.

- You’re gonna give me your best?

- I’m gonna give you my best.’

Have a good day!

Ps: no urges recently for which I’m really thankful. :raised_hands:

9 Likes

I told two of my close girlfriends that I had a problem with M.
Their reaction was better than I expected. I’m not sure what I feel right now. I’m relieved and I feel more free, but I really left my comfort zone and I’m little bit scared about what’ll happen. It takes a lot of courage to admit that I’m not exactly the person I tried to pretend to be.

9 Likes

Growth only occurs outside of the comfort zone. Your decision was very courageous, and I think it will help you grow as a person. You dared to step out of the comfort zone. That’s great! It’s very brave of you to admit who you really are to your friends.

4 Likes