Comingclean's [24 F] diary&thoughts | habits • stress • notes

I totally agree with this.
But among men I think its pretty common to talk about ■■■■ and masturbation very openly. Many of my friends are ■■■■ addicts even though they don’t accept that.

This is a truth. When I confessed about my problems to my friends, they responded positively too. I confessed to some of my companions in here including you @comingclean and everyone were very positive. Therefore its actually in our mind. This world is a place of abundance.

6 Likes

Yes, I thought the same… We think we’re alone and bad and actually they are more forgiving than what we could imagine. Safe and loving people are true blessings. :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I had a dream of relapse again. This time I was ashamed but tried to hide it from you. (Probably bc I wasn’t as active in this forum as I used to be.)

It’s interesting because I think less and less about the whole topic… PMO, NoFap… Especially, because my offline life is more and more busy. I meet my relatives and friends now in real life and bond with them, I study, work etc.

However, I know that in the next two weeks I’m going to face some battles again so I’m preparing mentally, spiritually and physically :running_man:.

9 Likes

This is the real process and motivation for longer streak… taking no fap like a lifestyle not as a challenge.

Initially we need motivation just to escape from that darkness and then we should change our theme of motivation for No fap from time to time.

#NoFapForever

11 Likes

Ya, neo is absolutely right. In the beginning we need to motivate ourselves but as time passes no fap becomes a part of life. I have experienced this.
I am remembering those days when I was on 30+ streak. It had become a part of my life and everything was going good but when I relapsed it become quit difficult to build that willpower again. Someone has truly said that it takes many days, weeks, year to build anything but it takes few seconds to destroy it.
But I am trying and staying positive will help me.
The mistake which I did was that I thought I have reached at 34 days and it will not cause any harm if I relapse but it was my greatest mistake. I have been told by others about this… Even a single relapse really matters whatever be your streak. Even though I did the mistake and relapsed. Ao, please be aware of this.

10 Likes

Completely agree.
Even after the longest streak I’ve had until now, which was 195 days, the relapses came in hard. Ruined me for two weeks.

A relapse when you’re on a high streak can be absolutely devastating.

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Thoughts are back, haha. I guess it’s hormonal then. (I had my period last week and now my body prepares to get pregnant…)

I’m thinking about tracking my thoughts. Do you think it’s a good idea or will lead to a relapse since I’ll be too conscious about them?

Should I just hit the relapse button? Then I’d get statistics… Or I can use a habit tracker app.

I’d like to catch them as soon as possible and I think it’d be easier if I saw whether there’s a pattern here or not/what kind of pattern it is.

What do you think?

3 Likes

It’s always a good idea to write down thoughts, and not keep them suppressed inside your mind. If you suppress them, they’ll come back. I think writing them down won’t do any harm.

3 Likes

I started it. Every time a scene comes to my mind I count it as a relapse and track it in another app. Yesterday it was 10, today 5 since this morning.

“You know the next commandment pretty well, too: ‘Don’t go to bed with another’s spouse.’ But don’t think you’ve preserved your virtue simply by staying out of bed. Your heart can be corrupted by lust even quicker than your body . Those leering looks you think nobody notices—they also corrupt.
Matthew 5:27‭-‬28 MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/mat.5.27-28.MSG

“You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman/man with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matthew 5:27‭-‬28 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/mat.5.27-28.NLT

8 Likes

Which app is it? I totaly agree with you as once bramhchari_17 also posted a Reddit post which states that nofap is not concern only to achieve a certain period of days without PMO but the major purpose is that you doesn’t have any craving or lust also at the end. So it is very necessary to purify our thought, heart and belief system also.
So,didi please suggest name of the app.:smiley:

7 Likes

@Peter1505 … didi… :sweat_smile: bhai wo Hindi nahi janti.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy:hahahaha

4 Likes

Don’t worry brothers I had told her already the meaning of didi.

6 Likes

I use my period tracker’s notes function.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Bad news. You may saw my counter, I relapsed at day 52. I’m disappointed by myself and want to apologize to you, aswell.

Some of you messaged me how it happened and I also want to be accountable so here it is:
In the last 3 weeks I became more and more busier and had a lot of pressure on my shoulders because my mom got sick and I had to take care of her for 2 weeks and I started to work more and I experienced a lot of stress at my workplace.
Last week I only slept 4-5 hours every day instead of 7-8 and got really sleep-deprived. I also stopped running because my schedule changed and I couldn’t figure it out where to insert it.

In addition, unfortunately, there’s been a conflict in my church for a month now. This is my second home and family and it hurts extremely to see that the people I love treat each other now like they were enemies. I can’t do anything to help them but praying for peace. It’s on my mind everyday every minute and I’m heartbroken.

As I wrote to you earlier, I didn’t really think about PMO. I had some thoughts but as I tracked them I noticed that there were less and less.

So as I’ve told you above I had a lot on my plate and was overwhelmed. Yesterday, in the morning I got another email: my boss wanted to talk to me the following week, as soon as possible. I texted her back and scheduled it but I got anxious and frustrated because her tone was a little disrespectful and I was worried about what she wanted. I tried to get off my mind of it but I also had an exam in the afternoon and I was stressed about that, aswell. I wanted to do something to relieve stress and I tried breathing etc. but I ended up relapsing.

The good news is that even I feel the chaser effect wants to haunt me, it less intense than it was the last time I relapsed.

I prayed and asked forgiveness and I’m trying not to beat myself up.

I hope I don’t sound like I don’t really care about it because I’m deeply sad and regret it. I think I clould have prevented it if I’d listened to my body earlier to slow down and rest, sleep more and take care of myself and my relationship with God.

I hope you can forgive me and I hope that you’re doing well. Please learn from my mistakes and avoid the factors that can lead to relapse.

~comingclean

9 Likes

I wish you a strong and fast recovery :blush:

3 Likes

Actually she is right. Even I relapsed once when I had my physics board exam.
The major causes of relapse are : stress or loneliness. We can escape loneliness. But what about stress? How do deal with it? My all dear companions please give some tips for it.
And may God give you the strength to fight the odd situations and also solve your all problems. Best wishes for you.

3 Likes

Hello @Peter1505,

There is a boom in research regarding stress. Not all stress is bad. Getting shot in the arm is bad stress. Getting over a fear of heights by rock climbing, or public speaking by publically speaking is good stress.

Breathe more deeply throughout the day. Drink more water. Rest (not just better quality sleep, but relax in a positive setting, alone). Let go of frustration with problems, and focus far more on encouraging yourself, “I Have What It Takes”. Pray more. Fast. Ask the Lord for help; He will help you.

Peace,
~@s4omwu

7 Likes

Ya your are right brother @hunt1ng4self-control. Stress is also important in some aspects of life. It pushes up for doing any task. Like stress of exam, it is good as it reminds us of exam and we keep working for it. Stress of interview, presentation, etc. I only wanted a solution for bad stresses. Thanks a lot brother. Hope it will also help others.

4 Likes

Solution to Bad Stress is this: reach out to Jesus. He will comfort us when family betrays us, defend us when temptations come, comfort us again for any trial we face, because we are all designed to be loved. Jesus is our friend.

Yours,
~@s4omwu

7 Likes