Comingclean's [24 F] diary&thoughts | habits • stress • notes

(I updated the blog’s title, because I’m 24. My birthday was in summer, but I’ve just noticed that I forgot to update it.)

2 Likes

Happy very belated birthday!

3 Likes

Heyho,

I’ve heard about a great series of Jesus and his disciples, it’s called ‘The Chosen’.

I started it last week and I’m about to watch one or two episodes a week. We’ll see. :wink:

The first episode was really captivating, the actors play surprisingly well and the story is well written: the whole concept is to show the evangelium from the perspective of every day people.

You can watch it within an app for free. (If you want to watch it online, you have to support the making of season 3) You can watch the trailer and the first episode here:

https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen

2 Likes

Yeah this series is lit :fire: love the acting

Keep going! Happy birthday!
Obviously, I wished you late so that you can celebrate your birthday for longer X)

1 Like

‘We’re taking back our freedom
Our battle has been won
We have been liberated
Back from the dead, we’ve come’

Epic.

5 Likes

Love that song!

Hmm… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

Today I passed an important final exam. I spent 10 days to prepare for it, reading an almost 500 pages long textbook, twice.(size is between A/5 and A/4) It was difficult, but I asked my friends to pray for me and I could feel it. Usually, I get super stressed and frustrated but this time I could maintain to remain relatively relaxed and focused.

I don’t know the last time I completed an exam without relapsing during studying. And now I’m still on streak and got an A. :raised_hands:

At the weekend I had temptations and I was afraid that I couldn’t make it. At some point I knew that I had two choice: read the Bible right now or walk into the traps again.

So I started to read some chapters ot loud from the Psalms. (These are prayers.)

I read chapter 140 to 145.

Some verses in the 145 got me:

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He hears their cry and saves them.
Psalms 145:8‭-‬9‭, ‬13‭-‬14‭, ‬17‭-‬19 NIV

I really needed the Lord’s help to overcome those urges, so cried out for his help and he got me. I was and I am super grateful for this. :heart:

Have hope, stay safe :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations sister!

Stay strong in this battle​:muscle::heart:
I understand the pressure of studying and the temptation to have PMO while being tired.

I hope you always suceed!

3 Likes

Hi guys. :wave:

This is day 31.

I feel great. I don’t have huge urges but the topic is still in the air.

I got my second shot of Pfizer today. I’m happy. I really want this pandemic to end and I feel one step closer. :blue_heart: (I have practices in hospitals so I got it pretty early)

I slept 2 hours in the afternoon and it was sooo relaxing. I slept like a baby. I really needed this, because I had a long, hard but succesful week.

Hope you’re alright.

Best wishes. :blush:

7 Likes

You are lucky. I hope soon govt. will initiate the first stage of vaccination to elderly people. Much needed for them after the frontline worriers. I think you should take more rest.
Good Day!!

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

This is day 40 if I’m correct. I uninstalled the app so I don’t know exactly. I’m writing from the web version now. I decided to uninstall it because it became like Facebook to me, I usually checked it at least once a day and spend time just browsing it, and because that I felt that I should let go this topic more. I plan to write here once a week/2 weeks. In case I relapse I’ll download the app again and restart the counter.

Some days I had temptations but I was able to manage them. I even can stop unwanted thoughts. I’m really happy because of this.

I speak with my helper every 1-2 weeks. It’s really helpful! I’m really grateful to have her. It’s so nice that I have somebody who accepts me and helps me and can give advice.

Hope you all get the help you need!

Best wishes.

8 Likes

While setting the relapse time, set the date when you think you relapsed. That will give you your streak

See there?

2 Likes

Hi guys, day 47.

I’m pretty stressed now. It feels like I’m on day 3, urges are strong. I have to finish 3 different tasks until Friday (thesis etc.). If I can make it, I’m gonna be sooo happy.

Have a nice day!

3 Likes

Real problem is not that you can’t manage but reall problem is that you are thinking of something which will relax your mind. Relaxing your mind is deceptive here. Find a tweak to your brain by doing something. let things go wrong.but promise me today you won’t look back. I know it’s difficult. But you can do it. Just start completing one task at a time.
posting once again my fav,

2 Likes

You’re gonna make it. Remember that relapsing will not give you benefit. It will be just short term release of tension. But later you are gonna regret it.

2 Likes

Thank you @anon25497833 and @anon65589122! :blush:

Update:
I downloaded the app again to be able checking
the forum easier these days.

Right now the urges are left but I expect them to return tomorrow.

Good night.

3 Likes

Day 49
I’m better now. Yesterday was a hard day, I was a real mess. Didn’t relapse, though

6 Likes

Day 50.

I just want this week to be over. :sob: I’m frustrated and exhausted. Things don’t go smoothly.
No urges right now, but I have a terrible headache.

Tomorrow will be better.

2 Likes

Do not focus on tomorrow for no one knows what tomorrow will bring. Just know my fellow sister, that the next life will be better for those who believe in Him, who died for all of our iniquities.
God bless.

4 Likes

Day 51

I have a few hours left to upload my thesis. If everything goes right, it will be done by an hour.

It seems that my exchange trip is also on track
now, I can upload the documents by the deadline (sunday).

In the afternoon, I have another meeting to sign some contracts because of an uni project.

I could postpone my next final exam (I would have had to do next week, but I couldn’t start studying)

I’m optimistic and so-so happy that God and friends helped me to stay pmo free during this hard time.

Have a nice day.

7 Likes