Break your Limits - Muslim Challenge (but everyone is welcome to join)

I’m done relapsing again and again for the past 12 years. I’m done being weak. I’m done accepting defeat. I’m done not giving my 100%.

I haven’t given my all to change myself. I haven’t done something that scares the hell out of me. So, I’m going to embark on a journey of the ultimate self control. NO PAIN… NO GAIN… Here’s what I’ll do.

1. Fast everyday religiously from sehri before Fajr(4:33 am where I live) in the morning to sunset at maghrib (5:56 pm). It’s about 13 hours.
    ( Fasting is the most challenging but most effective in decreasing sexual urges and teaching self control. ONLY FIRST 10 DAYS OF FASTING WILL BE DIFFICULT. THEN MY BODY WILL ADJUST.)
    Fasting just on Mondays and Thursdays is also okay.

2. All 5 prayers in masjid plus Tahajjud prayer before 4:33 am. Plus practice focus in all prayers plus focused tasbeeh after prayers.( focusing on meaning on tasbeeh while thinking I’m watching Allah and praising Him while He hears and sees me)

3. Quran recitation with translation after Fajr

4. Exercise 2 times a day. 1 after Fajr and 1 after evening.

5. Strict Diet control. No junk or fast food. Purely home-cooked meals.

6. No screen entertainment. No movies, no series, no animes. No visual triggers.

7. Mindfulness Meditation ( thinking about negative impacts of PMO and thinking about escape strategies in times when urges hit me)

8. Prepare for upcoming exams. Study everyday.

9. Develop an unbeatable mind that never loses hope.

10. Improve everyday.

I will post everyday here. Those of you who wanna join just check in here. No need for any scoreboard.

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

It will all soon be clear tomorrow that is this challenge just my desperation or will I certainly embark on this journey. Fasting everyday is difficult. Actually the decision to do so is.

I’m in a really bad state right now. I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m blind. This is all I could come up with.
Let’s see if I do fast tomorrow or not.

1 Like

It seems you are going all in.
Let’s see how it turns out

2 Likes

“Bad state”
Which is the issue you are having:
No stop in M?
No stop in P content?

Just asking cause i think dividing the matter helps.
But if you prefer to do things on your own then
Obviously that’s fine

3 Likes

Aah shit. I couldn’t wake up to fast…:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Idk if I wanna join yet, but if y’all could explain some things your religion does that would help because I’m studying a few of them.

3 Likes

Bad state means I’m having problem with but P and M. It’s affecting my motivation to study and to exercise. Thanks bro for asking.

3 Likes

Yes sure… I’ll answer as much as I can

3 Likes

Really all I wanna know is what’s the difference between being a Muslim and a Christian.

3 Likes

That would be a totally different discussion for a different platform. But the basic difference in belief is that we Muslims belief that Jesus was son of Mary and not son of God. We belief he was a prophet and messenger chosen by God. We belief that Jesus is still alive and would come to Earth in the end of times.
We Muslims don’t belief in trinity. We belief there is only one God.

These are some basic differences but the discussion needs to be lengthy and requires another platform.

4 Likes

The Quran from god talked about Jesus bearth:

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Relate in the Book the story of Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East :eight_pointed_black_star: She placed a screen to screen herself from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects :eight_pointed_black_star: She said I seek refuge from thee to god Most Gracious come not near thou dost fear god :eight_pointed_black_star: He said I am only a messenger from thy Lord, to announce to thee the gift of a holy son :eight_pointed_black_star: She said How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me and I am not unchaste :eight_pointed_black_star: He said So it will be Thy Lord saith that is easy for Me and we wish to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us It is a matter so decreed.

God almighty has spoken the truth

soorat Maryam Ayah 16 - 21

If you want to know about what we Muslims must essentially do here are:

The 5 Pillars of Islam:

1- THE TWO TESTIMONIES :

To say and believe: I confess that there is no god but ALLAH
AND i confess that MUHAMMAD is his prophet .

2- TO PRAY :

to adore ALLAH in a manner that is special to MUSLIMS .
allah HAS IMPOSED UPON EVERY MUSLIM,man or woman , to perform five prayers per day .

3-TO PAY THE Zakat – Alms giving – Charity :

every rich muslim shall have to give a fixed part of his fortune to beggars , needy people , and those who fight for ALLAH ُ s glory .

4- FASTING :

to abstain from eating , drinking and having sexual intercourse or watching P or Mastubating during the day , i.e.
from dawn to sunset , during the month of RAMADAN.

5- PILGRIMAGE :

to visit ALLAH ُ S HOLY shrine in MECCA ,
the sacred city of Islam , so as to perform some special worships at fixed day of the year .
it is an obligation that every MUSLIM who is able physically and financially should fulfill once at least in his life

these are the essential pillars for every Muslim. Would you like to know about what do we believe in @Finding_Myself ?

3 Likes

Rather than taking too many tasks
I keep a single cutting edge solution. forever DItch P contents, female contents.
That will eventually make M come under control anyway. Without visual stimulation M will keep tiring out(because each M needs more extreme P content). Without visual stimulation there’s only so many times you can M.

2 Likes

@Finding_Myself This is a strategy in islam. It’s called lowering your gaze
A strategy:

3 Likes

You are right. I just need to improve little by little each day instead of going in at full speed.
Thanks bro

2 Likes

That’s how i saw it. Literally ban and i mean literally ban P content/every sexual arousal material from life. And you will eventually recover from the disease

2 Likes

You can do it… Have been fasting for 4 days now. It’s very easy. I just fell in love with you on this challenge… Brother we can do it. We in it together

2 Likes

Yes, I removed myself from triggers and the filth. I feel better now. Thanks bro.

Wow, that’s awesome… I’m surprised :smile:. We can do it. Thanks for the heartwarming message bro.