Bashi's notes on recovery

Thanks. I have read it 1 and half times I guess I have to repeat it at least 4 times. But I agree this methods seems to be valuable. Do you think keeping the counter and participating in challenges goes against the method described in the book? I am finding sometimes seeing my counter going 0, again and again, makes me negative.

1 Like

It is valuable so keep reading :+1:

No, it doesn’t. With the right mindset, looking at counter gives you a “yes, another day of freedom!” and challenges are just a way to help others and spread the message about the book. Having a relapse must serve as a reminder that there’s still a compromised mindset to be handled… so maybe read the book again, work on mantras and your daily reminders.

6 Likes

Day 180
I’ve completed 6 months… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m very grateful for this NoFap journey. I honestly can’t imagine where I’d be mentally without NoFap. On this path, I’ve learnt a lot about myself and I’ve made massive progress. Again, I’m so grateful.

… see you on day 365!

8 Likes

Hey @anon13059885

During this journey are you having sex? Or are you completely abstaining from sex and masturbation?

1 Like

Out of the 180 days, the first 30~40 days were on no PM mode, since then it’s been no PMO.

1 Like

Okay. I am in this conundrum that whether i should have the girlfriend or not till I reach the 90 days. Do you have any opinion on this?

1 Like

Day 240
I’ve completed 8 months. I’m insanely grateful for this journey. Life is great, there’s so much to enjoy. Accepting the “lows”, not clinging on the “highs”, taking the present as is, connecting with people and myself. Taking ownership of my response to any situation and accepting situations that are out of my control.

Your mind can create all the abundance you could ever imagine, so you need to protect it like it’s the only possession you have.

Take care guys.

7 Likes

You are a real inspiration to this community Brother. Kee going; everyday, in everyway you are becoming better. Kudos to you.

4 Likes

I wish you to be FREE from this addiction forever!

3 Likes

Your Diary is Words of Wisdom @anon13059885 :+1::pray::relaxed:

4 Likes

I’m grateful you guys @Tagore @Themonk1 @SincereDev have found something useful in these notes. Much appreciated. Take care!

4 Likes

CLOSING A CHAPTER
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here and that’s mainly because I feel like I’ve contributed all I can give this community for now. Anything else would be just repeating myself over and over again. I’ll wrap up with this note and share what in my eyes is the best advice I can give. I’m getting close to a year so I would say this has worked for me.

Read the EasyPeasy book

Read that book at least once, preferably multiple times. You’ve really got nothing to loose but freedom to gain. The book really helps you unmask the poison that PMOing is and helps you understand what you need in your life to reach freedom.

Freedom lies in tranquility of mind and a calm state is reached through mindfulness. Mindfulness is seeing things for what they really are. Other book recommendations I’d give around those topics:

in that particular order. Books can also be found on http://libgen.rs/.

Remind yourself
Once I read the books I put my focus on reminding myself regularly. The reminders consist of short notes that I read, think about, journal about and adapt if needed. I use the reminders multiple times a day.

The EasyPeasy book gives you a set of instructions throughout the book and at the end there’s a summary. (Read the book first and then read the summary!). Those instructions are a great set of sentences that one could use as reminders. I personally have found that combining those instructions with stoic teachings has helped me also improve on other areas of life. That’s up to you. At least use the EasyPeasy instructions as reminders, if you don’t want to use anything else. Whatever you choose, use the reminders and follow what they are saying, otherwise you are not using them properly. If you fail, brush it off and continue working on the reminders. Maybe read the book again if needed.

The point of using the reminders is simple: over time, the reminders come naturally to you. You then keep using them on a daily basis but they also come naturally, at times. Whatever challenge is thrown at you, you think of those reminders. While the EasyPeasy reminders mainly evolve around PMO, stoic reminders for example apply to many other areas (I can’t think of one that stoic principles don’t apply to!).

Just like the EasyPeasy reminders/instructions, your reminders should include positive things too. Leaving PMO behind is not only about knowing the damage PMO causes but also about rejoicing life and appreciating the seemingly “little” things.

Take care.

14 Likes

Congrats on hitting 365 bruh :))))))
:tada::tada::tada:

6 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

Congratulations brother! One year of freedom - absolutely amazing!

A great example to the rest of us. Onwards and upwards!

7 Likes

@changeseeker @Forerunner Thank you guys!

8 Likes