A New Life ( Diary , Male ) For Honour and Mental Fortitude

Out of town for today. Didn’t put up much work today. But I’ll still put this…

Urges under control✅️

2 Likes

Relapsed today as well. It seems as if there is a black hole at the end of day 5. Cross that mark and you get sucked in.

I still have confidence, though. Many people over here who made large streaks went through the same trials as me. They too stumbled a lot, but overtime they achieved their goals. I am on the same path. The trick is to never give up and to not get worse. There was a time when I was doing it multiple times on a daily basis. I have come a long way from there. And I have neither given up nor did worse.

I am on a path to God. And I walk slowly but steadily. There are breaks but I do not deviate from that path. That is all that matters to me.

3 Likes

That’s the spirit,buddy. Keep up fighting. Ups and down are a part of journey :wink:.

1 Like

Its almost as if there is a huge wall at day 5. No matter how hard I try, I am not able to surpass it. And… here I am, back again to day 0.

I need to instigate more changes. Make myself busy. Work hard. Plan ahead for my future. And I will never give up, no matter what. As long as I am in the fight, it won’t be over for me. Not untill I win.

I have already started on a rigorous workout routine. Atleast, I will go out and meet other people. Also, family matters the most. Catch up with everyone, get close to your friends once again.

1 Like

Wake up early :white_check_mark:
Study✅️
Finance study✅️
Exercise :x:
Digital detox :white_check_mark:
Spiritual training✅️
Read Bhagwad Gita :white_check_mark:
Brush✅️

Slowly getting back on track

3 Likes

It’s been a long while. I have relapsed yet again. How much time has it been? 6 months since I started. I have tried many methods, looked into other ideas from different people, experimented on different
ways and yet, it always gets the better of me.

It’s not that I am going to give up. No! That’s never going to happen. It’s just that… each time I fail, a sense of hopelessness prevails in my mind. How far can this go on? How long will it take? I should have understood that this was never going to be an easy battle. It feels sad to know that you cannot even trust yourself. That there is a good chance you will fail your resolutions, everytime you make them after each relapse.

I’ll try again. I’ll go slow, learn from each and every failure and adapt.

2 Likes

Hey dude @immortal227 ? How are you? I see you are relapsing continuously. Hope you are fine.

2 Likes

Thank you for asking up, brother. I was unfortunately caught up in a loop. It almost feels as if there is no way out. The past few days have not been good, but I am trying to find a way out.

Sorry for the late reply. I will try to pull myself out.

2 Likes

There’s always a way out. You need hard work and discipline to get it.

Have you tried exercising daily, it really helps or have you ever noticed at which time you get most intense urges?

It’s fine. :+1:

1 Like

I do exercise, but its mostly uneven…Weightlifting, swimming and martial arts. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost a lot of motivation since I got caught in this loop.
Strangely, I don’t have intense urges, because it has almost become a Routine. As if its out of my control.
Fortunately, I have figured out few ways to break the routine. I try to stay away from electronics, especially my smartphone. But some basic necessities get ignored, including calls and whatsapp and such. I’m trying to figure out a way to balance things.

I believe if I can maintain this distance for atleast a month, I can slowly get back to using digital equipments in a more beneficial way.

1 Like

I am also very happy that you are making consistent gains. You and @The_integrous_one are gradually displacing the urges and making bigger and bigger streaks. A year or so and you will permanently out control the urges.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot bro, I broke my streak recently though, but I am gonna be back :triumph:.
I hope you will also keep giving your best

2 Likes

I hope this streak last longer and now I am literally scared of relapse because of mental and physical imbalance.

2 Likes

Broke my streak, again. But atleast I was able to get back once again after a serious compulsive usage.
The mistake is crystal clear. I broke my routine and utilized the electronics once again after keeping it away for the past four days. This is a reminder that I should never be lenient when I am alone or with these electronics.

I will try for small goals. My target for now is to make it to 30 days. Add new habits that benefit me while subtract harmful ones-

1. Additions-
  • Increase 1.5 hours of study time every week.
    -Workout twice a day, 1 hour in morning and 1 hour at evening.
  • wake up earlier by 15 minutes every day until you reach 5 AM.
    -Interact with friends and family on a daily basis.
  1. Subtraction-
    -Reduce smartphone usage and other digital electronics to less than 3 hours on a daily basis.
  • NO USAGE at all when at home.
    -Only TV allowed at home at fixed time.
  1. Sequence- I will not be using this app daily. Instead I’ll visit on 3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th, 15th, 20th and finally on 30th day to mark the completion of a month long Abstinence. At that point I would have broken all my previous records.

Let’s see how this goes!

2 Likes

This is one of best thing you will do. If other things don’t go well make sure this goes well for sure and only use phone when needed, cut down unproductive things.

2 Likes

It’s been awhile since I have been here. Although I haven’t made any big streak, I have gradually increased the gaping between relapses. Its not great, but I am still happy that some progress have been made here. I have atleast maintained a gap of a week, previously I couldn’t go without doing it for even two days. I believe that I will gradually further these gaps overtime.

Making certain resolutions and adhering to them have been beneficial as well. I will now add certain rewards for my labors. Watching a movie, an episode of a series, going out of town to relieve stress etc. I also feel happy going to Mandir, watching Bhajans and videos related to Brahmacharya.

Progress, no matter how little, is still progress. And progress concerning ‘THIS’ is surely empowering.

1 Like

Seven months have passed and after a long time, I have come back with a very miniscule achievement. I have broken the record streak I had made since I started using this app.

It took me a year and half to break it. I was deeply distressed by my constant failure to control myself. To make matters worse, I got caught up in a vicious loop. Every fall that happened increased my distress, giving way to more insecurities. And that led to another fall. And another. Untill I felt completely hopeless. I promised myself that I will not put in any more messages untill I get out of this loop.

I did not give up and noted down each and every failure that occured. There was a hope that I will regain my composure in time and report back here. And at last, a very small step forward towards my goals. I am still so far away and yet, I have gathered some control over myself. Some degree of peace has prevailed. A few days more and I will break my all time record. I look forward to the coming days with hope.

Here I am, back to business !

3 Likes

Good to see you back.

2 Likes

I cannot simply sit down counting the days or these thoughts will keep on lingering in my head. I am going to go beyond my record. This time I will cross my all time streak ever. But I will have to carefully redesign my strategy. I need to get back to hard grinding.

2 Likes

Lots of painful memories of the past haunted me today. My constant failures in life, inability to move ahead in my career, my destructive childhood, loneliness rushing through my head. Not the first time it has happened.

But…this is what life is, afterall. To chug along even when the tides are against you. It is a test of courage that builds up strength in character. In a crazy way, it can even be called beneficial. You are growing, even when you are experiencing a footfall. All you need is the right mindset.

Matra Sparshastra Kaunteya, Sheet Ushana Sukh Dukhada,
Agama Paeinyu Anitayasa, Tanstitikashasva Bharat//

JAI SHIVA SHAMBU !!

2 Likes