What I Say vs. What I Do - Monthly Challenge
Welcome to one of the most challenging competitions of all
(1) you choose the tasks
(2) you choose the time you want to complete it by
(3) you choose something you will NOT do while doing the task
The maximum time-limit you have for 1 task is 1 month!
The scoreboard reflects the ratio of your wins to your losses aka how well you kept your word in this competition.
In this competition, your challenger is none other than yourself. Who knows you better than yourself - your strengths and your weaknesses?
The proverbial, “you are your own best friend or your own worst enemy and the choice is up to you,” holds true for time immemorial.
This is sadly the most common reality: we all say, “I will do this thing by that time,” and then fail to deliver. But winning is also a reality is it not?
It’s said that even one drop of water falling on hard rocks, breaks them given enough time. In comparison, we are oceans unto ourselves. Over time, competing with ourselves, staying true to my word will become second nature. And each one of us can look into the mirror and know that we are better than we have ever been in our entire lives.
- Do you have the guts to join the challenge?
- Do you dare take the risk against yourself?
- Do you have what it takes to stand up against your excuses and against your tyranny?
- Can you be your own boss and manage yourself while working as your own employee?
- Can you handle having to answer to the best version of yourself?
If you are ready, read the rules.
FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE FORMAT:
- I choose to commit to ‘doing homework 3 for physics’ (active speech; avoid saying I will “do” nofap… you can’t do a negative) by
- ‘3pm on February 20th’ (time and date) as my absolute deadline.
- To help me achieve this, I’ll use the Internet necessarily and mindfully.
Change the bold text to suit you. After you have finished the task, EDIT your post and update your win:fail ratio.
Begin with ‘0’ and add ‘1’ for every word kept - and you win if and only if you managed all that you said. Similarly, if you lose, begin with ‘0’ and add ‘1’ every time you didn’t keep your word.
(Then add comments as you like)
After the deadline has passed, record the result (whether successful or not) by editing your post AND scoreboard. Do more things faster to increase your score.
A winner will be decided every month!
- S.M.A.R.T. (a method to complete tasks by making them: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bounded)
- 90/10 Rule (spend 10% of your time planning and 90% of your time doing)
- 80/20 Rule (aka Pareto principle suggests that the top 20% of your list will take 80% amount of work - so do those instead)
- ABCDEs (a way to divide tasks based on importance… do the A tasks now and eliminate the E tasks and so on)
- Eisenhower’s Box (a 2x2 decision matrix of Urgency vs. Importance to select what to do first)
And there’s lots of great timer apps. All the best!
Finally, since this is a self-reporting competition, the utmost honesty in expected.
Include your info in the following way, to be added to the scoreboard:
Sharing code - a9518e
Current streak - 2 days
Highest streak - 50 days
Age - 25
Gender - M
Location - India
Edit the scoreboard and add it yourself, thanks!