What I Say vs. What I Do - Monthly Challenge

I will definitely participate in this

1 Like

Welcome! Type your details man and add them to the scoreboard! Lets get started!

Looks like I will be the winner this month at this pace. I can only imagine people thinkingā€¦ why do this challenge publicly when I can do it privatelyā€¦ also cuz its easier done privately. And the immediate consequences of not keeping our word or even making commitments is not particularly self-evident. Being ā€œmehā€ is typically ā€œmehā€ā€¦ and perhaps the idea of being true to your word is not about the outcome or even declaring it publicly especially if you truly love what you are doingā€¦ then its effortless, then its like all other areas of life mold themselves so you can maximize doing what you love to do.

But that also applies to whatever you have habituated toā€¦ and that can be negative. Hence this group. The more I love something, the larger my goals will be and the further in time my deadlines. And the less need I will feel to write here.

Just thinking out loud.

2 Likes
  1. I commit to catching up with all my work
  2. By the end of this week on Sunday
  3. I refuse to let anything diatract me from this endeavour

Win/Fail - 3:5

Alright!!! Edit: No more setting myself up for failure.

@hellojaani I want to join.
1.I commit to catching up on my backlog of chemistry .
2. My deadline will be 24 hours from now.
3. I refuse to use my phone, internet or even sleep until it is done.
Edit: could only to get 80% of it.
Win :fail= 0:1

1 Like

Welcome aboard! Great to have you, lets get onto it!!!

I donā€™t get what everyone on the scoreboard has written beside their sharing code.

I edited it to be more clear.
Its the current and highest streak number.
And their win to loss ratio in keeping their word.
@MrXYZ

Iā€™ll give it another shot.
1.I commit to catching up on my backlog of chemistry .
2. My deadline will be 24 hours from now.
3. I refuse to use my phone, internet or even sleep until it is done.
Edit:got it done
Win:fail = 1:1

1 Like

The coming weekā€¦

1. I commit to making it the best week Iā€™ve had this year
  2. My deadline is Sunday Feb 25th at 23:59
  3. I wonā€™t procrastinate nor distract myself with garbage Internet.

Reporting in table-form to show exactly how the week went: (upon edit)

It wasnā€™t as bad as it could be so Iā€™m happy. In fact it was actually quite okay, absolutely mindblowing in some regards and I havenā€™t had that for so long. So Iā€™m grateful that I did make as much progress as I did. Itā€™s not conducive to anyone to be weighed down by unnecessary expectations.

1.I commit to studying at least 10 hrs everyday.
2. My deadline will be upcoming monday.
3. I will not use my smartphone or let myself get distracted.

Day1::heavy_check_mark:
Day2:

1 Like

Ok This Is My 1st To Do Post Here In This Group
0.1 I will delete Movie I am watching Right Now, Which will help me with my day become productive

0.1 = Done

1 Like

I wrote a longer message but deleted it because as they say, empty cans make the most noise. I pointed out the bullshit ā€œI will do this and thatā€ mindset right after relapseā€¦ idiot, itā€™s pathetic to chatter like that uselesslyā€¦ learn and move on. So thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

My ratio is 3:6 now - this week has been mind-blowing in some ways but disastrous in others - my previous commitment wasnā€™t well crafted - so hereā€™s the new one.

1. I choose to commit to documenting the frogs I eat with the aim of developing a routine
  2. My deadline is the end of the month which is 7 days from now.
  3. To help me achieve this, I will aim for efficiency regarding where I focus my attention.

Alright, next post after 7 days!

1 Like

What I Say vs What I Doā€¦ this is controlled solely by me, myself and ā€œIā€ and this applies to everyone. So, I will be concluding this thread - I believe it has served itā€™s purpose for me. I have an app called habits through which I am accounting for just this.

I have a set routine now and from this experience I learned that Iā€™m only haphazardly keeping my wordā€¦ with more intention I mean to follow through ā€” I will be posting in my diary from hereon out regarding these matters.

Others are welcome to continue this effort ā€” I donā€™t want to branch out too much so Iā€™m conserving my efforts to produce more quality than quantity on forums. And this is one such endeavor that imo is no longer necessary for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.