Verse of the Day

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, the whole body shall be full of light. Matthew 6:22 (KJV)

Inspiration
What we see has such a great impact on our inner being. And what we choose to look at, even more so. When our eyes feed our lust and greed, the darkness of envy grows within us. But when we look with wonder at God’s handiwork’ or with compassion on God’s children, His light fills us and radiates from us.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for the gift of sight. I marvel each day at the beauty and grandeur of your creation. Protect my eyes from the sights that would distract me, from the allure of treasures or the lusts of the flesh. Help me to keep my eyes pure so that your light may remain in me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

3-30-2024 Saturday
Luke 10-29 kjv

But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
Luke 10:29(KJV)

Inspiration
When Jesus gives us instructions, do we willingly obey, or do we try to negotiate? Do we want to love all of our neighbors, or do we try to select just the ones that are easy to love? We must guard against trying to bend Jesus’ words to fit our will. Instead, we must hear all of His words- even the ones that challenge us- so that we can be prepared to walk in full obedience to Him.

Prayer
Jesus, You call me to love my neighbor. And I confess that I have not loved all of my neighbors the way that You love me. I’ve looked down on some and shut others out. Please help me to see all people as my neighbors and to love them with Your love, so that I may serve You by serving whoever You place in my life. In Jesus’ name, amen.

9 Likes

1 peter2-1 kjv
3-31-2024 Sunday

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1 Peter 2:1

Inspiration
Jesus saves calls us to love our neighbors. But we can’t be ambassadors of love if we think, speak, and act with hatred. Deceit, envy, and slander all cast us in opposition to others because they focus our minds on our own self-interests. We must seek the Spirit to overcome the attitudes that lead to judgment and resentment, so that we may exemplify God’s love to those around us.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the love that You poured out on me even though I don’t deserve it. Please fill me with Your love so that I may love my neighbors fully and freely, the way that You love me. Rid my heart and mind of all bitterness and jealousy, and give me new eyes to see others instead through Your love. In Jesus’ name, amen.

7 Likes

Psalm 66-10 kjv

04-01-2024 Monday

For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
Psalm 66:10

Inspiration
Sometimes growing in faith hurts. When we face difficulties and have to lean heavily on God, it feels like walking through fire. Yet God uses these fiery trials the way a refiner uses fire, to burn away the impurities. Through trials, God rids us of pride, greed, lust, and more. And when we emerge, we are purer and able to shine brighter for Him.

Prayer
Father God, the trials of life weigh heavily on me. It hurts to endure the suffering, the persecution, and the waiting. Yet I know that You are with me, and I ask that You use this time to purify my heart. Burn away everything that is not of You, so that all that remains is what You would have me be. In Jesus’ name, amen.

6 Likes

John 16-7 kjv

04-02-2024 Tuesday

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John 16:7 (KJV)

Inspiration
Do you ever think that being a Christian would be easier if Jesus were living among us, the way He did with His disciples? Well, not according to Jesus. Why? Because after Jesus, came the sustaining and transforming power of the Holy Spirit. Just as Jesus walk as God with us, the Holy Spirit comes to us and God in us. Instead of just witnessing the power of God, we have the blessed joy of living in that power as He works through us.

Prayer
Thank You, Lord, for the saving grace that You imparted on me through Jesus. And thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Help me to know more of Your power, so that the Spirit may do great things in my life for the glory of Your name and the sake of Your kingdom. In Jesus’ name, amen.

4 Likes

2 Timothy 4-7 kjv

04-03-2024 Wednesday

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2 Timothy 4:7 (KJV)

Inspiration
Every race has a finish line. And in the race that we call life, we all reach the finish line at our appointed time. How will you cross? Will you cross with confidence, knowing that Jesus has secured your victory? Will you cross with humility, knowing that faith has brought you to the finish? What should we be doing now to prepare ourselves for our final victory?

Prayer
Father God, You have won victory for me over sin and death. As I run the race of life, I look to the finish line and I see Your glory beyond. Empower me to live each day in that victory, to run with the confidence of knowing that I will reach the finish. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You, so that all who witness my life may see You guiding me. In Jesus’ name, amen.

3 Likes

Romans 15-5 kjv

04-04-2024 Thursday

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:5

Inspiration
God gives us endurance because He is patient with us. God grants us encouragement through His kindness and conciliation. And just as He bears patiently with us through our growth, our shortcomings, and our doubts, He invites us to show that same patient conciliation to others. When we do, growth and love abound, not only in others but in us as well.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for Your patience in dealing with me. You have forgiven me over and over again. And You continue to guide me through my doubts, my confusion, and my excuses. By Your Spirit, grant me the patience and compassion to endure with my brothers and sisters so that through me they might also experience the fullness of Your kindness. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

Jeremiah 18_4 kjv

04-05-2024 Friday

And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Jeremiah 18:4 KJV

Inspiration
God made us in His image, and He rescues us in our brokenness. But He does not leave us exactly the way we found us. Instead, He works on us, with care and purpose, to reshape us into the vessels that He wants us to be. When we allow Him to work on us, He produces strength, beauty, and function in our lives.

Prayer
Father God, You are the Potter and I am the clay. Please mold me into the shape that You desire, so that I may be used for the purpose that You intend for me. Strengthen me where I am weak, and fill me with Your Spirit so that everyone can see Your craftsmanship, Your care, and Your purpose in my life. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

I love your verses! Keep going fella✝️

2 Likes

1 Corinthians 1-20 kjv

April 06, 2024 Saturday

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV)

Inspiration
From the ancient world to the present day, how many philosophers have come and gone? How many ideas became little more than passing trends or failed experiments? Only the wisdom that comes from God is durable and eternal. And His wisdom always proves itself superior to even the best human thinking.

Prayer
Lord, as I take in the voices and ideas around me, I am swept up in a whirlwind of information. Help me to hear Your voice over the clamor. Give me the wisdom to recognize hollow and vain philosophies that are not of You. Instead, teach me to rely on Your truth, even if the world around me sways in another direction. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

Hosea 10-13 kjv

April 07, 2024 Sunday

Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.
Hosea 10:13 (KJV)

Inspiration
When we act with selfish intentions, we can be sure to get bad results. We might enjoy small gains and superficial victories for a short time, but they do not last. Sowing seeds of violence and deception will only yield pain and destruction. Wickedness cannot produce goodness, so let us always be mindful to sow seeds of grace and mercy.

Prayer
Gracious Lord, forgive me for the ways in which I have acted out of selfishness and pride. I have hurt others, damaged relationships, and caused ruin. I pray Lord that You would bring healing to right these wrongs and that Your grace would fill me. Empower me to move forward in Your love, so that I sow the grace and mercy that produce healthy and nourishing fruit. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

James 3-9 KJV

April 08, 2024 Monday

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
James 3:9 (KJV)

Inspiration
Can we praise God with our mouths, and curse men with the same mouths? To do so is to speak contradiction. Man is made in God’s image, and we are called to speak blessings over others. It is in the outpouring of God’s love and grace that the image of man is perfected in God’s likeness. So let us mind our words, so that we may always speak goodness and grace.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for making me in Your image. Help me to always remember the truth that every person I meet is also made in Your image. Even though we all come before You stained and marred, teach me to refrain from words of condemnation. Instead, fill my mouth with words of grace so that the transforming power of Your love may work through me and bring blessing to others. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

Job 38_18 kjv

April 09, 2024 Tuesday

Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
Job 38:18 (KJV)

Inspiration
Sometimes we get frustrated when things don’t go our way. And in our frustration, we might even question if God knows what He is doing. So we are wise to stop and consider just how limited our knowledge is. Can we see the ends of the universe or the expanse of the earth? Only God’s knowledge and perception extend so far and wide. So let us trust in His ways over our own.

Prayer
God, You are magnificent and powerful. I cannot begin to fathom all of the works of Your hands. I confess that in my limited knowledge and sight, I get frustrated with the things I don’t understand. Help me to trust more fully in Your infinite knowledge and sight, and not in my own understanding. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

Acts 3_19 kjv

April 10, 2024 Wednesday

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
Acts 3:19 (KJV)

Inspiration
When we repent and believe, we receive forgiveness for our sins. But this is not a more transaction that leaves us holding a ticket to enter into a future paradise. Instead, this is a promise that we will receive refreshing, renewal, and transformation now. We are changed now, filled by the Spirit, and given a new outlook toward a new hope.

Prayer
Father God, thank You for blotting out my sins, and covering them with the blood of Jesus. I pray that Your Spirit would fill me now so that my soul can know the refreshing joy of Your presence. Make my whole life new, and give me the strength, endurance, and passion to live in Your newness from now until eternity. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

Ephesians 4_26

April 11, 2024 Thursday

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)

Ispiration
Anger is a natural emotion. Sometimes we get angry when we encounter injustice. Other times, anger manifests when our selfish plans are upended. But whether our anger is justified or not, we must deal with it before it leads us to sin in our words and actions. We must be quick to repent, and quick to forgive, so that we may rest in God’s peace and not let our anger grow.

Prayer
Lord, You know my heart and mind. You know the pain, weariness, and frustration that plant seeds of anger within me. Help me to discern where I need to intervene and grant me the wisdom to respond with grace. And help me to overcome the selfish desires that allow misplaced anger to grow. Guide my words and actions so that my anger may not lead me to sin, In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 Likes

Great and nice topic. Keep it up.
God bless you :pray:

1 Like

Proverbs 15_8 kjv

April 12, 2024 Friday

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
Proverbs 15:8 (KJV)

Inspiration
God is not swayed when we live selfishly, and then try to assuage our guilt with a donation to the church or a charity. God doesn’t need our money or our stuff. But He does desire our hearts. When we give Him our hearts, He imparts His own righteousness on us. And our communion in prayer is a joy for Him and us, as He uses this time to fill us and renew us.

Prayer
God, thank You for inviting me into Your presence. I don’t have much to offer You, but I give You myself. Please make me more like You, guide me by Your righteousness, and use me to Your glory. Please keep me close to You, so that my gifts may always be sincere, and they may be acceptable in Your sight. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

2 Corinthians 4_8 kjv

April 13, 2024 Saturday

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2 Corinthians 4:8 (KJV)

Inspiration
The Christian life is not a trouble-free life. Jesus told us to expect trouble, and Paul certainly experienced it himself. Yet, God gives us the strength to withstand being pressed from every side without breaking. He gives us the wisdom and hope to see past difficulty and confusion so that we do not fall into despair. God doesn’t often remove our trouble, but He always gives us what we need when trouble comes.

Prayer
God, please be with me in this time of difficulty. At every turn, others are opposing me. It feels like the whole world is against me. Give me the endurance to wait out this season of hardship, and guard my hope so that I don’t forget that You have already secured my victory. And be my strength, that I may withstand whatever challenges and insults come my way. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

1 Corinthians 6_19 kjv

April 14, 2024 Sunday

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Corinthians 6:19(KJV)

Inspiration
In the Old Testament, God made his dwelling place first the Tabernacle, then the Temple. And now, He takes up residence within each of us as Christians. Our very bodies are His temples. Our bodies are gifts to be cared for, treated well, and used honorably. When we harm ourselves, neglect our bodies, or indulge in bodily sins, we grieve Jesus, who lives within us.

Prayer
Father, thank You for creating me in Your image; body, soul, and spirit. Thank You for making my heart Your home. Please teach me to use my body to honor You. Give me the wisdom to care for Your home by balancing food, exercise, and rest. And help me to resist the dangers of sexual immorality and recklessness, so that my actions may honor You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

John 14_12 kjv

April 15, 2024 Monday

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:12 (KJV)

Inspiration
The disciples had the joy of witnessing Jesus’ miracles. They saw healings and exorcisms. They saw sinners redeemed and lives transformed. And Jesus boldly promises the power to do all of these things to all who come to Him. Through the Spirit working in us, we have the power to carry on the great work that Jesus had started so that through us, healing and transformation may continue on and His kingdom may grow.

Prayer
Jesus, thank You for taking on flesh and living among us. Thank You for all of the great miracles that You performed, and for all of the lives that You touched. Please send Your Spirit and fill me with Your power so that I may be used by You to do mighty things for Your name’s sake. Work through me to Your glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like

Hebrews 13_9 kjv

April 16, 2024 Tuesday

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Hebrews 13:9 (KJV)

Inspiration
Sometimes, we needlessly complicate our faith, and that can quickly put us on the wrong path. Fad teachings and new doctrines seem to emerge every day, but we already have God’s word and we already have the Lord’s Supper. We need not reinvent our faith with extraneous rituals, they only lead to polluted doctrine. Instead, let us hold to the simple gatherings and foundational truth that we have already been given.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for revealing Yourself to me in Your word, and thank You for the simple communion that I share with my fellow believers. Please work in these things to build me up, so that I may be satisfied in You. Give me the wisdom to discern unsound doctrine, so that I may remain steadfast in Your truth. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 Like