Verse of the Day

James 4_8 kjv

April 17, 2024 Wednesday

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
James 4:8 (KJV)

Inspiration
Through Jesus, God has opened the door for us to come to Him. And when we respond to His invitation by drawing nearer, He closes the gap, too. When we cling to sin and pursue selfish desires, we pull away from God. But when we draw near to Him, He makes us clean and renews our minds so that we may seek Him even more.

Prayer
Thank you for calling me to Yourself, Lord. I confess that the draw of sin still temps me. I want to be faithful to You, so as I come closer, please pull me in. Cleanse my mind of my selfish desires and impure pursuits, so that I may desire You more and not be prone to wander from You. In Jesusā€™ name, amen.

2 Likes

Proverbs 14_25 kjv

April 18, 2024 Thursday

A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.
Proverbs 14:25 (KJV)

Inspiration
Bearing witness is no trivial matter. Even if we are not testifying in court under oath, our words have great power. When we speak truth about others, we honor their character and integrity. But spreading gossip, rumors, and lies only spreads damage and harm. As Godā€™s children, we must be mindful to love our neighbors at all times, and that included being mindful of how we talk about them.

Prayer
Lord, You are the God of all truth. There is no deceit in You. Help me to abide in Your truth, and to speak only what is true, good, and right. Give me the words to speak so that I may build others up by Your truth, and give me the wisdom to know when to raise a defense, when to speak a word of correction, and when to remain silent. In Jesusā€™ name, amen.

1 Like

April 19, 2024 Friday

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
John 13:16 (KJV)

Inspiration
Jesus called us to humility by taking on humility himself. He lowered himself to the menial task of washing his disciplesā€™ feet, while at the same time reminding them that no servant is greater than his master. Whenever we think that a task is beneath us, Jesus reminds us that no task was beneath him. So let us put on the humility of Jesus, so that he may be exalted by all that we do.

Prayer
Jesus, I confess that my pride sometimes gets in the way of serving You. I am sorry for the times that I have acted as if I were better than You. Forgive me, Lord, and teach me to embrace Your humility, so that I may imitate You better and serve You more completely. Give me opportunities to lower myself so that You may be lifted up and revealed. In Jesusā€™ name, amen.

2 Likes

philipians 4_12 kjv

April 24, 2024 Wednesday

I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Philipians 4:12 (KJV)

Inspiration
In this life, we may experience seasons of abundance and scarcity. We may have needs one day and excess the next. So our contentment should not depend on our ever-changing circumstances. Lasting contentment comes from our unshakeable God, who is faithful in all seasons of life. Our strength, peace, and joy come from Jesus, who is greater than our trials and worth more than our riches.

Prayer
Father, forgive me for the times that I have pursued contentment in worldly comforts, or envied others in my times of need. In You, I find all the strength I need, and You have proven Your faithfulness many times over. You have sustained me through scarcity and humbled me in excess, and reminded me that in You alone I am fully satisfied. In Jesusā€™ name, amen.

2 Likes

Psalm 142_7 kjv

April 25, 2024 Thursday

Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
Psalm 142:7 (KJV)

Inspiration
Sin takes many forms. Pride, greed, lust, envy, and more. But all sin leads to bondage. All sin imprisons us. And even as Christians, our enemy continues to set traps of temptation for us, hoping to bind us once again. And every time, it is God who breaks us free, on our day of salvation, and each time we stumble. And when He rescues us, His glory is revealed when others see us living liberated lives.

Prayer
Lord God, thank You for saving me and rescuing me from my bondage to sin. Sometimes, I stumble or wander back into those familiar chains. Please break me free once again and guard my heart and life. Surround me with Your righteous ones, so that I may be better defended against the enemy as I move forward proclaiming the goodness of Your name. In Jesusā€™ name, amen.

3 Likes