To all (previous) fappers who want a lifetime commitment

I either choose to fap or I don’t. As simple as that.

I suggest reading a PDF titled “rebooting as the best remedy” written by a Chinese guy who had extensive knowledge in Chinese traditional medicine, Chinese philosophies and Buddhist teachings. While combining his previous experiences of believing Western rational thoughts and science such as thinking that "masturbation is harmless* and general skepticism towards spirituality.

Sexual energy and sperm makes up for people’s life essence in Qigong, Taoism, Buddhism. Without a healthy essence of either mind or body, it will degenerate. A healthy mind leads to a healthy body able to ward off sickness. A healthy body purifies and calms the mind. You can’t have one without the other.

This PDF is quite mindblowing and am keen to follow its Eastern philosophies and purifying the “mind” or the subsconsious.

Willpower by itself, will fail as he claims.

I challenge those who are keen to follow the same path.

I want the best for you guys who are suffering. As I am also suffering.

Join @forerunner, @Special_Bird, @Tuku and people who are really dedicated.

“Do nothing which is of no use” - Miyamoto Musashi.

Add me.on:

ec7789

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing this PDF with us man! I’ve started reading it and it is very insightful.

I don’t have a whole ton of experience with eastern philosophy except from my martial arts, however I have always believed that there is universal truth across all types of religions and philosophies, while some elaborate more than others. I feel that Western science has abandoned a lot of the knowledge of some of the fundamental insights of the human body and mind for the sake of not being able to prove it, yet. And that’s coming from someone who is faithful to the field.

But it’s interesting how even Western science has started realizing these truths, and we see that reflected in recent studies.

This PDF will definitely be part of my nightly reading sessions. Thanks again!

4 Likes

What kind of martial arts do you do dude?

Please do share :slight_smile:

I’m interested in learning them. Ive only read a little bit about JKD since Im a heavy Bruce Lee fan. What I really want to get out of martial arts is to practise restrain and self-control.

Yeah. I agree with the universal truths imbued within religions.
In my humble opinion, science by its very nature is always changing. Whereas with religions they are more like universal ethics. Although I do see a lot of universal laws in physics, but even Isaac Newton who developed his own theory of absolute space and time, was later revised by Einstein.

And no problem! Glad to help my fellow brethren, even if I don’t see them irl. I even befriend homeless dudes irl tbh.

2 Likes

I go to a local Mixed Martial Arts school in my area, been going there for around 8 years now, love it. It’s a mix between mainly JKD and Hapkido, with a bit of BJJ and Philippino stick. I also go to another school, started a bit more recently, been going for about 2 years. That school is solely Krav Maga, which is a bit less interesting on the technique side, more straight-forward , but I like it because we get a lot of sparring practice.

But ya you should definitely get into one of them man! My mom started me when I was 11, was really mad at her for making me go, but once I got into it, I was hooked. I don’t think I would be the person I am today without the self-discipline and other skills I learned there.

And exactly my thoughts on science :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah ive heard Krav Maga is one of the useful martial arts in street fights.

I’m thinking of getting into BJJ or Japanese jiu jitsu.
Are there any stark differences?

Also, do you think learning a few martial arts will be hard on the budget? What has been your experience?

2 Likes

Yes definitely, Krav Maga has gotten me so much more experience in making quick reactions and being competent in fighting, at least in terms of sparring.

Regarding jiujitsu, I’m not very familiar with Japanese JJ, so I can’t necessarily speak a whole ton to the differences. But what I get from reading around and a little from my instructors is that JJJ tends to be very traditional with more techniques focused on self-defense, while BJJ tends to be more fluid and flexible with new techniques while also being more competition-focused (so non-lethal). I feel like this fits with my experience with BJJ, as most of the schools I have tried for it tend to be focused on competition. However, that’s not to say that there aren’t schools that teach BJJ primarily for self-defense. There are two I can already think of and one that I have been to.

Right off the bat I would imagine I would prefer BJJ just because those who teach it tend to be constantly seeking new implementations, having it evolve to today’s scenarios. But I would also prefer it to be self-defense focused. I enjoy competition, but usually only for the sake of experience. But again, I’m biased as I have never tried JJJ.

In terms of budget, I would say, yes martial arts can be expensive, so unless you have the money to spend and the time to put in, you’re better off sticking to one martial art at a time. I’m currently planning on cutting off my MMA here this coming January as I’m looking to spend less and because I have already achieved my black belt. Of course, black belt is only just the beginning of training. But since I’m young, I want to broaden my experience and find which martial arts I would like to specialize in and stick with. But anyway, I think you will find that one martial art is enough anyway since if you want to truly get everything out of it you need to spend a good amount of time each week doing it. As Bruce Lee said, “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

But if you are eager to try out a bunch of different martial arts at once, then you might find a reasonable price at one of those MMA gyms that have several different teachers that you can switch around with. But just a note, I find those gyms usually have lesser quality teaching and the instructors are usually younger. Just always be critical of what people are offering, most people just follow some script their teacher taught them and actually couldn’t fight anyone even if they wanted to.

The best martial arts places in my opinion are the small, hole-in-the-wall places, taught by an old guy that could kick your ass if you are disrespectful.

The places with fancy window art of smiling kids and adults in their gis and look like they are making money usually are because they have good advertising not because they actually teach something useful. Look for knowledge, not flashy moves. From what I’ve found, the best moves, you don’t see, they just happen so quick and simple, then boom, you’re on the ground.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences dude.

I’ll definitely hit you up if I have anymore questions.

1 Like

@TheWillToLive hey thanx for the pdf . I got it from the browser. I am kind of curious to see this from a different perspective. If you have more , plz keep sharing :handshake:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing brother, I’ve just started and I can see it’s going to be a powerful read!

Man, a book from someone that’s gone over 6 years - important knowledge to be gained here!

I’m really interested in learning more about masturbation and its harmful effects. There’s so much conflicting information that we have to deal with out there.

4 Likes

Where is the PDF, how could I download it?

The link in that thread is dead.

Might wanna google it: rebootingasthebestremedyseasons1-40

His name is:
“The reason to why I find Soaring Eagle’s work compelling is because he approaches rebooting from two unique angles: TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Buddhism.”