The Challenge of Holy Kings (entries open)

I’m sorry, guys. I haven’t had internet access today and now that I do its past the time I set as a goal for no electronics.
I’ll post this week’s update tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Phase 4:
My apologies again. Normally I borrow a laptop to update these because I can’t do as well with the pictures, or type nearly as fast on my phone. But my phone is still all I have so it won’t look as fancy.

This week we shift our focus to Joseph, who was sold into Egypt. Like Samson he wasn’t exactly a king either, but he was second in command to pharaoh as the ruler of Egypt -no small title.

I saved Joseph for last because he was successful. Unlike the other three kings from this challenge, he didn’t give in.
One day while reading the story of Joseph I was really surprised at a detail I hadn’t known before.
I have seen several movie adaptations of the story, and I know of a popular play (though I haven’t seen it), and in all of them Joseph is tempted by Potiphar’s wife once, resists, and the story moves on.

The fascinating detail was this:
And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph DAY BY DAY, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.

DAY BY DAY.
It wasn’t a one time temptation, overcome and move on. No, Joseph had to face that opportunity to sin day after day.

How did Joseph do it? In my opinion there were two main things that helped him. We will focus on one this week:
But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master… hath committed all that he hath to my hand. Neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

I understand that to be his “why?”
As Nietzsche said:

First was that he understood and valued marriage, and wouldn’t violate someone’s marriage. Next, he had a deep belief in God’s command.

We focused on a spiritual goal with David. For Joseph, we will broaden to look at the “why” in general.

This week’s task is to identify your why. Why are you doing nofap? Why do you avoid PMO? Why do you seek chastity in your life?
Exactly what are you trying to accomplish, and most importantly, why?

Write your response here, and set aside time every day to think about your why.

Have a great week!
@Duran if you post today about Solomon from last week, you can move on to Joseph.
I did not post an update twice this week, so I have to start over with week one.

2 Likes

Alright, I name 2 things that I think will help me and already helped me. One is that, I’m precise. When I want something to be done and want it done good, I have the manner to give it my full attention. I lacked commitment before a lot and failure is still a possibility, but this attribute of mine help to to keep my focus. My other attribute that helps is that I started to love change. I’m willing to learn more about change.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.