Sirāt-e-Mustaqīm // Muslim Community // Daily Diary

Thank you for taking time and writing this long reply. Some good points you have mentioned. You look a good person to ask so i am asking, Is it advisable to do cardio in the month of Ramadan ? I need to loose a little a lot of pounds. can it be possible in this month without being totally drained out of energy ? Less eating never works for me and in the end of the month weight remain same.

1 Like

you intention is good but i think in this forum, we are here to help others to stop PMO, if we start to ignore the same topic, why are we here then ? new people will hesitate to ask anything related to that. Think about that…

2 Likes

I heard that Quranic Arabic is totally different thing as for Modern speaking people. Do you clearly understand when Quran is recited to you?

2 Likes

I suppose it would be better that IF someone get some urges, he/she could look for encouragement here. So maybe it is free for them to talk about it than we need to encourge them to be strong together. Lets support each other to pass this holy month to be better version of us

2 Likes

Maybe it is not totally different, but maybe how they using arabic in daily conversation is so much different in arabing sentances in Quran. Because arabic sentances in quran is made more poetic and beautiful so that the purity is guaranteed by Allah Subhanallahuwataalla

How if we make some challange as a way to defend ourself from PMO and also to fill our ramadhan with more religious activity? Like fulfillinh 5 times prayer everyday or read like 5 or 10 quran verses. Just an idea

4 Likes

I like the idea of challenge.

Before I was full fledge into pmo, I used to complete 2-3 times full. quran, then later it came to 1time and one Ramadan only 3/4th.

In sha allah this Ramadan I am going to read as much Quran as I can.

Also I read English translation after I read Arabic daily, so Alhamdulillah I have 50% understanding of some versus and some versus I can understand completey, we just need to be in touch, and we can grasp it faster and faster.

As Allah(swt) said in the Quran in surah Qamar for 4times,

(وَلَقَدۡ یَسَّرۡنَا ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ لِلذِّكۡرِ فَهَلۡ مِن مُّدَّكِرࣲ)

And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?

1 Like

Exactly :ok_hand:
Even you learned arabic , you will always find and explore new meaning of creating verses @slave_of_allah

About talking about challenge
I like the challenge and if you start I will start with you … may I add something please …
We can start to read one page with tafsir , sourat el bakara سورة البقرة or any soura you like to start to know the tafsir … and even if we don’t finish all of it in ramadan we can continue after …

Or I have another suggest we can do this challenge by starting “tasbih” what ever the many of times to repeat whole ramadan …

What ever what is the challenge , I’m really excited to start inshallah .

1 Like

How about one day give one verses of alquran and the translation in english and maybe some insight based on the verses?

This seems like a good idea.

The *Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) * said,

_“By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them.” _

*[Narrated by * Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) | *Riyad as-Salihin] *

_The ***Prophet (ﷺ) *** said, “All of the children of Adam are sinners, and the best sinners are those who repent.” _

*Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2499 *

1 Like

The *Messenger of Allah(ﷺ) * said,

_“Fasting is a shield from the Hellfire, just like a shield of yours in battle.” _

*[Narrated by * Uthman ibn Abi al-‘As (رضي الله عنه) | *Sunan Ibn Mājah 1639] *

1 Like

Most welcome, May Allah help us all, and hand in hand, we can do it.

Watch this full video, an advice before ramadan

1 Like

You are totaly right, arabic in Quran has its own grammar, somehow different from arabic we speak, it is also made close to a poetry to make it easier to remember.
Great ideas for Ramadan, work on reading Quran as much as you can so that you may finish the whole Quran in ramadan.
Bipe we all do our best, and never ever return to pmo, lets stop talking about it, and try to forget it, as if we didn’t even knew pmo, that way, we can return our lives as it was before we know about this bad habbit.

1 Like

If you don’t decrease calories it’s impossible to lose weight.

If for example you eat 2200 calories everyday. Then the only way to decrease weight is by
changing to eating 2000 or 2100 calories everyday. And then after 1-4 week change to 1900 calories per day. And measure weight everyday.

If you change suddenly from 2200 to 1600 calories or whatever shift is too drastic for your body then you will be too tired because this change is too fast for you. That’s too sharp change at once. It has to be gradual.

When you are at the weight you want to be in, keep in mind the calories you are eating everyday and maintain that same calories everyday if you want to maintain the same weight.

Another thing you can do is exercise. Exercise burns calories. But in order to burn a small amount of calories you need to do Alot of cardio.
The average person burns 80-140 calories per 1.6 kilometers of running.
Cardio should be definitely included still because if you keep it up regularly (at the right amount) then that’s going to keep your metabolism high (better digestion absorption of food)

If you want to eat the same then you have to cardio way more to lose weight, which you will be exhausted from if your body isn’t used to it.
So you need to measure between both.

Usually those who reduce weight solely through exercise and not decrease in calories are those whose body are already used to tough and lengthy workouts. They simply push themselves from there to stay disciplined to burn x amount of calories every single day.
OR
Those who regularly burn the same calories every single day and get the same results gradually

In order of effectiveness of weight loss:

1. Diet
  2. Weightlifting
  3. Cardio

Weightlifting is most effective in burning calories. More than cardio. But you need a gym for that and you will be sore if you’re not used to it. So if you want then start slowly under supervision of gym trainer.

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

May Allah help us out. Let’s be better Muslims this Ramadan.

3 Likes

Anyone has a ‘regular’ rank in this group ? I am at the level of ‘member’ so i cant make interacting post where we can enter our daily streak of good habits, for the month of Ramadan… if any brother having ‘regular’ rank please make a thread, and make that editable, don’t worry managing that thread will be my responsibility. anybody interested ?

5 Likes