Rewiring Phone AddictionđŸ“” Major step against PMO addiction.🏆(September ENTRIES OPEN)

I think that it is the purpose of this challenge itself to decrease your phone usage. For decreasing, you have to know when you use your phone for no purpose. When you can get to know what are your triggers for using your phone, you can avoid them by thinking of this challenge and remembering that “there are more 10 people other than me who are using there phone less and working hard on their life.” This man @Attempt_Two_Electric_Boogaloo once had a screen time of just 30 mins in 24 hours. That thing helps me avoid non purpose you use of my phone and so i control my urges of phone. Still i haven’t beat his score though.

When you know that you are getting a trigger to get on youtube for no purpose videos, you can tackle the urge by doing something other than using your phone.
By this, your screen time score would be less and you will become a tough competitor in this challenge and can finally win the medals each month.

Eventually you will get control on your triggers of using phone and finally you can win over your phone.

3 Likes

The past few days I haven’t been tracking my screen time, but I know for certain that it needs to be less. I haven’t been taking it seriously recently. From tomorrow, or even right now, I will again place my phone somewhere remote and not touch it unless I need to, which is checking messages in the morning and evening, and entering my food into myfitnesspal. I might also use it for music, but I’d rather use my computer for that, during my workout.

I won’t count the time I spend on my phone during work, as it is required for my job to communicate with the other employees, and I’m very aware of my phone usage at work anyways, because it’s not very customer-friendly.

I will also limit my music consumption to workouts only, as I have found myself listening to music too often, which makes it far less enjoyable.
Taking my phone to the toilet is also a big no-go. A watch would be very useful for me, so as to reduce the amount of time I feel I ‘need’ to look at my phone.

I will say, it’s definitely possible to get under 30 minutes of phone usage in 24 hours, simply by not watching YouTube (any), not using social media, and placing it somewhere so that you know you should not be touching it, except within a certain time slot (morning + evening). This is especially useful when you’re at home all day. There’s nothing important enough to require an answer within 6 hours. If it is, you can set that to priority and block all other notifications / calls.

Fill your previous phone time with something else. Discover what you like doing. Learn to draw, as I am doing for my industrial design study course, or take up any form of exercise. Trust me, it feels much better.
Lately, I’ve had very low energy levels, and I think that is due to my excessive phone usage lately.

Studying is of course very useful, but if you are able to, try to split your study environment from your “time-wasting” environment. Maybe add a second account to your phone, or even better, use a computer for your studies.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!
I don’t really have a problem with usage, only with YouTube

My average non educational screen time is 30 min, for the past week, for example, and that 30 mins is only rewire companion

I only have this other problem

Else it’s fine, thanks
No problem

1 Like

All the challengers.
@Adioz @Aman1 @selfconqurer @anon15901281 @hp365 @masterofemotions @Attempt_Two_Electric_Boogaloo @alexcoz600 @SelfMadeNinja @tuku

Challenge starts the very moment when your clock strikes 00:01 AM of 1st july 2020. (Whichever country you are living in)

For those who haven’t read the updated rules, please read them.

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE. LET THIS CHALLENGE BE A COMPLETE HONEST , FAIR AND CHALLENGING ONE!

4 Likes

@ThorfinnKarlsefni9044 if you want to take part in the challenge then please add your name in the boards as soon as possible. We will wait for you for next 24 hours for now.

NO MORE NEW ENTRIES for JULY 2020 CHALLENGE

2 Likes

add @furinkazan007 also in july

2 Likes

@furinkazan007 please read all the rules in post 1 of this thread.

HINATA88
AM IN FOR AUGUST challenge

2 Likes

@strongwillpower, please will you tell me the rules that how to update the phone time.
Can you please elaborate the rules.

@hp365

1. If you use any phone tracker app, then just at the end of the day add the amount of time that your app shows into the MONTHLY RECORD BOARD

2. if you don’t use any app to check your phone usage. :- then whenever you take your phone in hand to use it for other work than studying or for using this app, you have to look at the clock and see the time of how much time you use your phone, and at the day’s end, you have to add the total time used in that day and update your sore in MONTHLY RECORD BOARD

1 Like

@HINATA88
The rule is to add your name yourself.

Since you are new to this forum and i think you are unaware of how this forum works
 i am adding your name into the New Entry Board for August. I will notify you when the August challenge will start.

1 Like

Found a new way to kill phone addiction. This things helps a lot brothers. Switch to grey scale. Our brain is addicted to colours that the notifications gives. Black and white is boring. Now my display looks like this :point_down::point_down:. I don’t feel the need to check my phone now. Phone looks dead :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Tagore I searched on YouTube how to turn on grey mode on . Phone is totally black and white,now. Let’s see if it works or not

4 Likes

It works bro @tuku. There is science behind it. Scientists do a lot of research to make apps more colourful to make us hooked. Naturally seeing things in black and white will bore us. You won’t feel the urge to check your phone more.

5 Likes

@Attempt_Two_Electric_Boogaloo
I was soo close to cutting it down to 30 mins.
My today’s score was :- 37 mins
Break down :- 2 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 15

I will decrease my chatting time at night from tomorrow.

3 Likes

Today’s score is 8 hours 37 mins

3 Likes

Add the score in this board @tuku the challenge has been started.

1 Like

Your screenshot still looks colorful to us😅 @Tagore

1 Like

Time for today was 19 minutes, with 18 minutes on top of that of rewire app.
I’m sure you can do it! Get under 30 minutes!

2 Likes

Time for using phone was 57 min and for this app 55 min, gotta get combined time under 1 and half hours tomorrow.

2 Likes