Rewiring Phone AddictionšŸ“µ Major step against PMO addiction.šŸ†(September ENTRIES OPEN)

Today I did not track my screen time, and wasted lots of time on the computer. I will start my dopamine detox tomorrow again, and will only play computer games when an occasion is organised with my friends. I feel bad after two days of not sticking to my dopamine detox.

1 Like

Todayā€™s screen report :- 3 hours. Couldnā€™t keep up to yesterdayā€™s target of :- ā€œhalf of 5 hoursā€

I need to increase my work time so that i handle my phone less.
But whenever i sit for studying, my phone comes infront of my eyes and most of the time i couldnā€™t resist the temptation of using the phone.

This was the main reason for starting this thread. I see people here using phone for just 1-2 hours total in the day. If they can, why canā€™t i. I will work hard.

Urge :- had an urge of re-installing the game which i played the most. If i installed it again. I will lose the purpose of the life.

I hope you all are also doing well with reducing your phone usage time.

Phone has changed into like an essential body part and our actual organs are getting deteriorated. We have to stop this.

Use your body more than your phone

First of all I know you can do it bro . Your name says it all . You are Strong will power . and I know that you can do it ā€¦ Its Just A phone bro .

Its all matter of priorities ā€¦
For study I install forest app give it all permission ā€¦
Being honest with yourself Its the first priority ā€¦
I always honest with myself ā€¦ that When forest app is running I am not going to touch my phone ā€¦ I keep telling that to myself ā€¦
I know it seems silly but what I think WITHER the tree in forest app is just as like Wither a real tree .
So I donā€™t Want that guilt . So I study .
and also study challenges help me to increase study hours.

Till last week I am also one of the guy who loves to play Pubg a lot. At that time I can play pubg more than 8 hours in a go ā€¦ I donā€™t know what to do ā€¦ I tried everything to get rid of the game ā€¦
I also tried uninstalling and then I donā€™t know why but I ended up installing that again ā€¦

and Now My yesterday phone usage is 28 minutes . ā€¦
Bro It all matters of priorities ā€¦
If you think at present time playing game is much important for you or achieving your Goals ā€¦ then you can start playing game ā€¦ may be you end up being good gamer.
whats comes first in priority ā€¦ GAME OR GOALS
Just analyze yourself what triggers you ā€¦find cue ā€¦ for me cue is getting the whatsapp message of friend to ask me pubg I never deny him ā€¦ he ask me ā€¦ I affirmative and then we start playing pubg for long hours ā€¦
So what I did is CUT THE CUE ā€¦ I block and ignore each and everyfriend that comes in the way of Goals that pubg friend too ā€¦ I know its hard in starting but I know I can do that ā€¦ and I have to do
I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE AND ALSO YOU HAVE TOO.

Your reason for Goals is need to be Stronger than reason to play game .

Its Just a habit ā€¦ Find cue , triggers and reward ā€¦
I cut cue ā€¦ triggers is not that much important for me in front of my Goals and reward -
I finally free my self from that game and you can also .

IN THE END - I KNOW BRO YOU CAN DO IT .YOU HAVE TO DO IT

2 Likes

First of all,

Wow man! Thats so awesome.
Yes brother. Its all about priorities. You told me really wise words brother. Yesterday I have cut the urge of re-installing pubg again.

I will report you about my todayā€™s phone usage at night. Thanks for motivating brother.

2 Likes

@Aman1 todayā€™s screen time :- 1 hour.

1 Like

My phone usage today :1 hour 45 min.
This was less than yesterday which was around 3 hours,and I just wanted to check my usage yesterday.
I usually prefer books and reading and want to get down my usage.

2 Likes

Good work @masterofemotions by the end of july, we shall have full control of our phone usage.

@strongwillpower that one is great and amazing ā€¦ I Know what you are capable of ā€¦ you reduced 2 hours in a day ā€¦ thatā€™s amazing ā€¦

Bestrong brother ā€¦ I know that its easy for you ā€¦ You are Strong will powerā€¦You can do anything.
Made it a habit to reduce some minutes daily ā€¦ ā€¦Work on your daily goals ā€¦and you are good to go ā€¦

For me my phone usage shot up be 20% to 34 min ā€¦ ā€¦ and I also waste 2hours watching movie on TV . and that is I also count ā€¦
Lets see How its going today ā€¦ All the best Brother.

amazing @masterofemotions ā€¦ Just prove Phone addiction what you are capable of ā€¦ We together Can do anything ā€¦ Its Just a Phone addiction ,

UNITY IS STRENGTH

3 Likes

Yes brother you are right!

habits donā€™t change in a single day. A single day change is to show that what we are capable of. A permanent change is what we achieve overtime.

4 Likes

Hey everyone. So this challenge starts in on 1st of july, we have only 2 days left for preparation (today and tomorrow)

Last 2 days for new entries

I want every one participating in this challenge to read know the rules and scoreboard rules again. Make sure everything is right.

(since this is our challenge for our own betterment) if you want any changes to be made or any suggestions, you have 1 and half days to let me know.

@strongwillpower @Adioz @Aman1 @selfconqurer @anon15901281 @hp365 @masterofemotions @Attempt_Two_Electric_Boogaloo @alexcoz600 @SelfMadeNinja

3 Likes

Damn thatā€™s an error. Sorry for it. Iā€™ll remove it.
Thanks for bringing it in my notice.

@Adioz , updated rule no.4 In the scoreboard rules.

EVERYONE CHECK IT

1 Like

@strongwillpower this is a great initiative.
Since the lockdown , I am using my phone for 7hours average on a daily basis.
This challenge will help others like me to get control of this addiction. All the best to everyone.

4 Likes

Welcome to the challenge @tuku
I hope you have read everything in the first post.

3 Likes

Thanks for the challenge. Its great because iā€™m already on itā€¦ I decided to quit every possible addictive internet usage including - all social media which goes without saying, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon prime, Anime and even stupid memesā€¦ I have quit music tooā€¦
The reason is that in todays hypersexualised world, They put sex and these filthy stuff in almost everything and it always got me triggered to pmoā€¦ I have decided to abstain from all of these things completely and live a life where i dont have to be slave of ā€˜instant gratificationā€™ and derive pleasure from simple walks of life like reading a book, talking with friends and family, painting, and other hobbiesā€¦ I have found sadly with trial and error that this is my only way to be free from not just pmo but all kinds of addictionsā€¦
So i look forward to your challengeā€¦ Lets break these chains

3 Likes

Good to here thisā€¦ welcome to the challenge @ThorfinnKarlsefni9044.

Please add your name in all three boards in the second post.
And please read all the rules abd all sections in the first post of this thread.

Challenge starts tomorrow.

1 Like

IMPORTANT NOTICE BEFORE CHALLENGE STARTS

Those who canā€™t update their scores daily, i request you all to write down your score somewhere so that when you get time, you can update the right score (this scoring is different, I canā€™t see your scores like the streak counter, thats why)

If a challenger does not update his score for 5 days, a WARNING MESSAGE will be sent on 6th day. The challenger should update the right scores that he has written down.

Be honest with yourself, if you havenā€™t written your score anywhere, then no need to update even after 6 days, get eliminated from the monthā€™s challenge by your self. (Post a message mentioning it)

After the notice is sent, even then the challenger fails to update his score in next 24 hours, he will be eliminated on the 7th day (thats is after completing 24 hours after warning)

2 Likes

@strongwillpower Can you clarify how to add the hours for phone use for studies?
Suppose I have online classes on the phone?

@debellator

If you are using your phone like, checking some info on google. Then you have to add that time in your days total.

Benefit of this:-

If you are studying from phone (online classes and from pdfs) and that time obviously will cross more than 30 mins, also it is a productive work. Then you donā€™t have to add that phone usage time.

(This online classes and studying from pdfs period will one day stop, so we will be back to books, so this rule will be necessary in the future)

2 Likes

Ok then
Thanks!
I donā€™t have any problem with phone usage time,
but can you @strongwillpower add a part where using YouTube on phone for no purpose is prohibited or a seperate challenge with this? I would like to join something like that

1 Like