Protein Powder - Benefits And Side Effects

Hello. Hope you all doing well. We had a debate about WHEY Protein and some stuff on topic Nofap And Barbells. A fellow @anon72572146 tgen told me that he found out, protein powder actually damages the kidneys. Now, first, I’m not saying anyone to stop or start using it. I’m writing this down for people who are curious about it.

Protein powder is for people who cannot build muscle or put on mass due to their low metabolism, bad testosterone levels or some other things. And most people use it even if they don’t have these problems. They just want to maximize their gains.

I heard protein powder does heal broken muscle fiber fast, so it will be a lot easier to get ripped. People say that the only side effects is the symptom called empty pockets. :joy:
Turns out, it’s not the only one. Protein powder makes your farts get smelly, it’s a bit illegal to use it here, cuz they say it’s addictive and it can damage so many parts of your body. But the worst one is kidneys. I should thank @anon72572146 to remind me that.

Please check these kind of stuff before you start using it. Because it’s like fapping. You cannot say it’s bad to a wanker, you know. I don’t disrespect anyone, but it’s hard to make a protein user to understand that it’s bad.

Happy workouts, guys!

5 Likes

Thanks for making a topic on Protein. I was also curious about it.

The things you have said are 3rd person opinions.
Personaly… i would like to visit a protein making factory to get the complete knowledge.
What you say ?

3 Likes

Of course. I never seen one. If you would go check, please share things with me here.

3 Likes

I did not make topic on creatine or amino acids, because protein, they say, is the most harmless. So this one can create an argument everywhere.

2 Likes

So let me start from saying that I’m using protein years now and it helps through my diet as a wrestler. If you don’t have a problem with your kidneys and you use protein right in general (not only from powder but from foods too) there is no way to have side effects on your health. Protein isn’t steroids and neither a magic key. The only people that should take it, are those who actually have a diet plan and count their macros either on a calorie surplus or in a calorie deficit. If you just started exercising and you don’t see progress in your bodyweight and in your body there are hundreds of things you have to correct first, rather than spending money on a supplement you don’t know what it is and how to use it. You can increase or decrease your calories, you can track your macros, you can change your trainning program, you can increase the volume, the frequency the weights. Stop using protein as a means to something big. Protein is just a simple nutrient, if you don’t consume an adequate portion of it, don’t expect protein to make you big. It does what a protein from chicken or egg does,it doesn’t have something magical. If you wondering whether or not to take protein, that means you don’t have to take it, because you don’t have enought knowledge in this subject.

4 Likes

I’m greek so I don’t know how to say this in english but, protein powder comes from the liquid that remained after the milk has been curdled. It’s a natural process, the are 2 categories(whey and casein) and three different types of them(concetrate,isolate,hydrolysate) . The proccess is different on every product. If you don’t even know what protein to take just DON’T TAKE IT. not for your health but because you PROBABLY DON’T NEED IT. for example if you don’t know how to use it you can over consume protein from foods and supplements and turn protein into fat if you not burn it first. Just exercise and eat. Supplement such as creatine, protein, amino acids and stuff as are not lethal and neither harmful. You just have to be healthy first and know hot to fricking use them

4 Likes

Also don’t spread misinformation, protein is NOT ADDICTIVE. THIS IS 100% FALSE. I don’t even know how a supplement like protein is illegal to a country. Thats nuts

5 Likes

Also protein doesn’t do anything “faster” it’s just helps you more to keep on track your diet, if you are losing or gaining weight. It’s the same protein that’s in every other food. But there are less calories(depends on what type it is) and it’s a very quick way to consume some protein after your workout or for convinience. Not it does not build muscle like crazy…

5 Likes

It’s better in my opinion to stick into nofap on this app. Or if we want to discuss something, we have to discuss it correctly

2 Likes

I never used protein powder in my life. @anon72572146 was arguing with me about it. And then he wrote in private to me that his kidneys were bad. So decided to create a topic on it. Thanks for taking time for that, though. I don’t know. Wether it’s good or not, but there’s one thing for sure is that I’m not gonna use it.

2 Likes

I was eating protein powder for over 4 years daily - one scoop. As a boxer I needed that for that extra protein intake… We both know as athetes how all that goes… But I went and checked my AST blood levels (liver) and found out I damaged my liver. I’m doing a 3month detox to see whether if it’s whey or my whole high-protein based diet that had an impact on my blood levels.

3 Likes

And then I’ll report again. Peace. Keep wrestling :wink:

4 Likes

I highly doubt it’s from whey powder because it’s, as you said, “milk”… My theory is that it’s from the high protein diet I have and maybe even liver shots I received in sparrings…

But let’s not argue. I’ll report when I do my blood tests again in December. Until then, stay on your grind, on your Path.

Stay sharp.

6 Likes

Yes my friend exactly. It’s not from protein the supplement but from protein in general, high protein diet.how did you know that something was wrong? How did you feel?

1 Like

I took protein for 3 years one scoop and now I’m a blood doner, It’s nothing wrong with me. If you have a problem, the cause is that maybe you already had a weak liver, plus the amazimg sport you did, plus the too much protein im your diet

2 Likes

You have the right to do what you want my friend, but it’s just not right to spread misinformation

As you say. We are here to discuss things, aren’t we? :smile:

I felt perfectly normal - my conditioning, speed and power on heavy bag have never been better. I had an argument with @muradelizade06 and I thought I’d test my blood levels again. Everythig is perfect, my healthy cholesterol is through the roof, while my bad cholesterol is really low - and I try to maintain that by my diet. So I found out my AST levels were high and said to myself “let’s do an experiment” - let’s cut out protein powder for 3-4 months and see my AST levels again. If they’re the same, well… then powder is not the problem… If it changes back to some kind of normal state, then I’ll moderate my protein powder usage, instead of daily to 2-3 times per week. At the end of the day it’s all the other foods you’re putting in your system.

1 Like

Moderate you protein overall, you might still take too much even without protein powder

I’m using it and everything is ok. Of course more protein in diet without sufficient amount of water can be tough to kidneys but if you eat properly and drink a lot of water everything should be ok.

2 Likes