Night terror (intense fear at midnight while asleep)

I am experiencing this since childhood till now
The sudden burst of adrenaline in middle of sleep like an accident causing sleep deprivation
I feel like something is trying to attack me while am asleep like someone trying to take revenge
Feel like something is approaching me steadily stealthily jump up on me as it’s approaching my brain signalling and detecting that something dangerous has entered the guarding area as it’s gradually coming near the brain signalling getting intense and release a burst of adrenaline
And I get gashlighted at midnight while everyone is joyfully asleep

This thing is so terrifying like someone is trying to end your life and you have no time to run while it’s already near you

I do my best to control and stop myself from screaming and punching like about thrash someone because I have to keep my masculine image otherwise they won’t let me be alone my freedom will shrink

But after this I just stay eye opened in bed

Sometimes I become deaf as the terror approaches

What do think you people have anyone ever experienced this in their life time?

3 Likes

This thing comes every once in a while

1 Like

This is a powerful prayer of Lord Narasimha to reduce fear and anxiety

Pray :

Ugram Vīram Mahā Vishnum
Jwalantam Sarvato Mukham
Narasimha Bhīshanam Bhadram
Mrtyur Mrtyum Namamyaham |

1 Like

Are you admiting it’s something spiritual like paranormal thing

1 Like

For me Jesus name works fine I sleep quite relaxed after praying

2 Likes

Sorry I did not know you are christian. I would have asked you about your religious beliefs

1 Like

Yeah I just wanted to know if anyone besides me also feels this or experiencing something like this

1 Like

I dont know. But that mantra is famous for reducing fear, anxiety etc. And I heard that the mantra helped in removing bad spirit from a house. So I has provided.

I have ocd. I am unable to sleep. I usually get very scary dreams. When I listen to this mantra, scary dream does not come while I sleep.

2 Likes

Just dreams or intense fear and a sense of dread like something is trying to kill you?

1 Like

I have a sense or feeling of thunder attacking me or snake bite. While cycling , I get unusual imagery of thunder falling on me. While standing , I sense snake bites me. But these are because of OCD.

I advise you to pray any chanting of jesus or any powerful verse of bible non stop throughout the day. Remember to chant non-stop. Pray until the fear reduced to zero. It has to help you .

I pray that mantra as chanting while travelling whenever I receive the fear.

1 Like

I have also felt these but not while asleep but I can tell you night terror are damn terrifying

1 Like

Exactly i always do that to escape these terror attacks

1 Like

In a funny sense, i used to have them too when I started sleeping alone but one day i thought if it’s really a ghost trynna attack me, the most he can do is kill and if he kills me, imma myself become a ghost and beat the shit out of him.

Since then it’s fine. The most anyone can do to you is kill you. If your fear of dying goes, idk most fear cease to exist.

Also, God exists, so it will work for anyone who prays to their respective God. It indeed works.

Ghosts can only manipulate you if your social and emotional mind is already distressed. They wont do anything to you in most cases. The way pictures make us imagine ghosts and the way ghosts actually are is very different.

4 Likes

I used to sleep alone in my hostel in jan 2020 for 5 days. Honestly I never watched p or did m during that time. It was a very scary feeling. First two day I got fever because of ghost fear ( actually a fear generated by brain ). With time, I could sleep easily.

2 Likes

But we are here in a journey of freedom we kill our demons and we must stay alive to be victorious
It’s whole point of life to defeat our demons it’one of the cause of fear if we die then we will fail in this journey
We must hold strong and breathing until slaying the last demon

2 Likes

Bro the symptoms are of sleep paralysis. I have seen such patients in my family.

You can check about sleep paralysis. If you can relate and get any good advice to help you

2 Likes

how many years ago the OCD started?

2 Likes

Sleep paralysis occurs at REM phase the study says that night terror occurs in deep sleep
I can tell you sleep paralysis is different from this
Who ever experienced sleep paralysis says that they couldn’t move their body nor could scream for help while sleep paralysis

2 Likes

Nearly 5 to 7 years ago. It is related to my p addiction.

1 Like