NADA - The 2024 challenge

Welcome to NADA - the Nofap Accountability and Determination Alliance! As we stand on the precipice of a new year, I introduce you to a journey that goes beyond mere resolutions. The reason I want to create the NADA group is simple yet profound: to forge a community of like-minded warriors determined to embrace the transformative power of a year-long journey into celibacy and discipline in 2024. NADA is more than an acronym; it’s an alliance that invites you to join hands with fellow warriors seeking growth, resilience, and a profound sense of accomplishment.

Why NADA, you ask? Because together, we are stronger. In a world that bombards us with distractions, NADA offers a sanctuary of support, accountability, and unwavering determination. The official launch may be on January 1st, 2024, but let’s not wait for the calendar to dictate our start. Let’s build momentum now, in the remaining days of 2023, as we lay the foundation for a year that will redefine our boundaries and elevate us to new heights.

Join NADA, not just for a resolution, but for a revolution within yourself. Together, we’ll inspire and empower each other to conquer the challenges ahead, celebrating every milestone on the path to a fulfilling and celibate 2024. The journey starts now, and your presence in NADA will make it all the more extraordinary. Embrace the alliance, embrace the determination, and let’s make 2024 a year of unparalleled personal triumphs!

RULES:

• No PMO. Hard Mode.
  • To join the Alliance, reply with your :
    Name,Current streak, Highest streak, Sharing code, Age and Country
  • A nightfall does not count as a relapse
  • The goal is to beat your yesterday as you move over and beyond him. Have him written down, in your journal, as a daily reminder of where you are coming from.
  • It’s suggested that each and every member add all other participants as their companion so we are accountable the community.

This challenge will require 3 mandatory tasks to be performed daily(listed below). You may add some personal goals and tasks according to your tastes and targets. NADA demands a minimum dedication of 3 weeks (21 days). That is once you enter , the above tasks must be completed religiously for the said period or the participant is out for the whole year. You will be allowed to give yourself a self declared break after 3 weeks before you start again.
Mandatory tasks are:

1. Meditation : suggested time 30 minutes
    (For the beginners 5-10 minutes meditation once a day is good enough. It’s encouraged to push
    it to 30 over time )
  2. Maintain a diary, either here at NADA or an offline one.
    3.(Daily activity):** First thing in the morning write
    a. what you want to achieve in life ?
    b. why is it so important ?
    Read the journal again and introspect how aligned are you actions with your goals in the night
    before going to sleep
    (One-time activity) :**
    the reason for being on a journey of celebacy and how PMO has harmed your life
    Read these answers daily.
  3. Track your progress daily and check in rewire app with a summary.

Resources and suggested workarounds when urges hit (These will be updated and detailed with time):

1. Cold Shower
  2. Yoga
  3. Workout
  4. Going Outside
9 Likes

Sharing code - qtw7yd

Current streak - 1D
Highest streak - 620 D
Age - 22
Gender - M
Location - India

Hey Everyone!

I’m back here after more than 2 years, having taken a hiatus from this space. The last time I left, I had successfully achieved a goal that had been three years in the making. Let me confess, celibacy played a significant role in that accomplishment. To cut a long story short, I’ve found myself in a rather challenging place over the past year. Until recently, I was grappling with acute thoughts of suicide.

Since the beginning of December, I’ve been actively working on self-improvement, striving to pull myself out of this difficult period. What I’ve missed most is the camaraderie, discipline, hard work, and the collective dreams that this community has consistently inspired and helped foster. I’m here to relearn some of those valuable lessons (and perhaps share a few), aiming to elevate myself from the metaphorical hole I’ve dug.

Discipline. Persistence. Hard work.
This is the key.

Given that this is a new account, I currently lack companions on this journey. I would love to connect with individuals undertaking this challenge, individuals who are as motivated to embrace the hustle and turn their lives around throughout 2024 and beyond. Let’s embark on this transformative journey together!

7 Likes

Welcome back buddy! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I like your idea. But I want to know about your history with this addiction. About your recent streaks especially.

Since you created this group, we expect a strong leader to lead us or someone strong to fight not standing ahead or behind, but beside us.

4 Likes

Hey bro @prince_king
My battle with this addiction dates back to my high school days, starting around class 10th, making it a five-year-long struggle. My last account was by the name of @MrXYZ . Over time, I had learned to approach it with a mindset of taking it easy and channeling the excess energy in constructive ways. I’ve come to understand that as long as I focus on managing that energy and push through the initial days, I can find stability.

To be transparent, my recent streaks haven’t been consistent. In the past 1.5 months, since I made a firm decision to get my sorry as$ back on track, my highest streak has been 8 days. However, creating this group, NADA, is a crucial step for me. It serves as a platform for me to document and regularly update my progress throughout 2024, with a healthy dose of competition and camaraderie. Together, we can navigate this journey, supporting each other every step of the way. I want to be someone who stands not just ahead or behind but firmly beside my brothers in arms, as we collectively strive for progress and success in our individual battles. Let’s embark on this transformative journey together!

5 Likes

I can find common ground on a lot of things you said. But as someone who’s enthusiastic about a wide spectrum of perspective I would like to say, if you show results, people can believe the stupidest of ways to reach success.

With that in mind, I would say if someone is using another strategy working for that person, we are no one to say that thought process is wrong.

But it is often seen that the right thought process prevails in the long run and works on the majority.

4 Likes

Hii Bro @_loading.
Thanks for the kind welcome
:smiling_face:

4 Likes

If results are coming in. The way isn’t stupid. Is it?!

4 Likes

Shouldn’t have said it stupid. But something which will hold less meaning to others. More like some kind of superstitious beliefs.

Like, if I tie my right shoe first my day goes well and stuff like that and linking it with their success.

Or, describing something they do which is no guarantee to work for other people, kind of stuff pretty specific to their routine and habits. I hope you get what I am trying to say.

4 Likes

RULES:

• No PMO. Hard Mode.
  • To join the Alliance, reply with your :
    Name,Current streak, Highest streak, Sharing code, Age and Country
  • A nightfall does not count as a relapse
  • The goal is to beat your yesterday as you move over and beyond him. Have him written down, in your journal, as a daily reminder of where you are coming from.

This challenge will require 3 mandatory tasks to be performed daily(listed below). You may add some personal goals and tasks according to your tastes and targets. NADA demands a minimum dedication of 3 weeks (21 days). That is once you enter , the above tasks must be completed religiously for the said period or the participant is out for the whole year. You will be allowed to give yourself a self declared break after 3 weeks before you start again.
Mandatory tasks are:

1. Meditation : suggested time 30 minutes
    (For the beginners 5-10 minutes meditation once a day is good enough. It’s encouraged to push
    it to 30 over time )

2. Maintain a diary, either here at NADA or an offline one.
    (Daily activity): First thing in the morning write
    a. what you want to achieve in life ?
    b. why is it so important ?
    Read the journal again and introspect how aligned are you actions with your goals in the night
    before going to sleep
    (One-time activity) :
    the reason for being on a journey of celebacy and how PMO has harmed your life
    Read these answers daily.

3. Track your progress daily and check in rewire app with a summary.

Resources and suggested workarounds when urges hit (These will be updated and detailed with time):

1. Cold Shower
  2. Yoga
  3. Workout
  4. Going Outside
5 Likes

My daily goals other than the mandatory ones are to go to gym, read (>=25 pages) daily, wake up before 6 am. (I will be adding studying in a few days to this list as well). The format I will be following for the daily checkins is as follows:

Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: 1/21 Check in
:white_check_mark: 1/21 Meditation
:white_check_mark: 1/21 Affirmation
Others
:white_check_mark: 1/21 Gym
:white_check_mark: 1/21 Reading books
:white_check_mark: 1/21 wake up before 6 am
:x: 0/21 Studying

3 Likes

Name,Current streak, Highest streak, Sharing code, Age and Countr
@Meluhan count me in
Name : Cicada
CS : 0
HS : 11
SC : zadvj0

2 Likes

Name : Ashish
Cs : 17
Hs: 84
SC: 4zqy4e

Will give my best @Meluhan

2 Likes

Hii @Zestycicada @ashisht @Adioz
Welcome to the challenge. Let’s claim 2024 as our year. I’d suggest that you guys try to build a habit of the mandatory tasks in the days that are left in this year. So that we have a momentum moving into the new year.

4 Likes

Tbh I posted the topic and a year long challenge didn’t seem to be catching anyone’s attention. So I thought that maybe the old spirit isn’t there anymore.
Which is why I was out for 3 days, still working on myself and building momentum for the upcoming year of hardwork, persistence and struggle. Today, I came here with a decision that if there still aren’t other companions, I will just convert this topic to my personal diary.
he he. :man_facepalming:
But it looks like some warriors have joined. So we are off to a start. It’s good to see that the spirit still remains in this forum.

1 Like

@prince_king @_loading you guys are joining in.Right?

3 Likes

Yeah, as long as it’s limited to occasional check-ins. Since I am getting busy from next month.

1 Like

Check In for today:
Mandatory tasks
:white_check_mark: Check in
:white_check_mark: Meditation
:white_check_mark: Affirmation
Others
:white_check_mark: Gym
:white_check_mark: Reading books
:x: wake up before 6 am

I am currently reading Can’t hurt me by David goggins. I am setting up frameworks and facing the problems that I have been running from (and consequently making them worse in the process) so that I can get to addressing them in a step by step manner. Keeping your eyes closed and mind focused for 30 mins straight is damn difficult. Ha ha. It will get easier with time though.

Hardwork. Persistence. Disciplene.

1 Like

Check Ins are meant to keep us in line. If you are fine without them. That’s acceptable. I would suggest each and every participant to sit still with themselves to ask yourself and make sure that we aren’t using any excuses to run away from facing ourselves. That’s it.

3 Likes

Well I read some rules. I am ok with posting a bit about what I am changing in my life. But I can’t guarantee a post everyday.

If the rules are hardmode, you can change the tag from Accountability Group to Challenge

2 Likes