My story, motivation and goals to quit ■■■■ forever!

Hi all!

Call me Tiger. This is my first topic. I’m writing this to introduce myself to the Rewire Companion community. I also wanna provide motivation or inspiration, hope, support and a relatable story. Thanks Taher for making this app, forum and connecting us.

It started when I was 9 or 10 with watching nude pictures on adult websites. Then I got access to faster internet. I started downloading and watching adult videos on my desktop. I also bought and fapped to adult video CDs and DVDs. Fast forward a decade, I have high speed internet, portable devices and freely available adult content and I’m hooked. My compulsion is mild. Also, I never explored or ever needed any extreme or dark contents.

I wanna quit this because it’s destroying my life - slowly, gradually, invisibly, but surely. Often I find it hard to get and stay motivated to start working and get things done. I feel lazy and want things to be easy. So I often procrastinate. I feel PMO (maybe also YouTube) has made it harder for me to focus, be present, listen deeply and connect fully with others. I find it hard to be interested in others and have fulfilling conversations. Maybe it also damaged my attraction to women in real life. I wanna overcome this to heal my childhood trauma. My ACE score is 6 or 7.

Although I’m trying to win one day at a time, my goal is to complete a 30-day and then a 90-day hard reboot. For me soft reboot doesn’t seem to work. Once I fap, then it goes downhill, maybe it’s chaser effect. I hope the app and community will help me overcome this compulsion for good. Last time I found the app’s message board to be helpful, especially on the days with high temptation and urges. My longest streak is 30 days and 12 hours, last December.

Show your support by liking :heart: this. PM me if you wanna support me or need support. Add me on Rewire Community app (i8ms5o) to follow my journey. Also read my diary. Reply below if you have any questions or advice for me.

Thank you for reading!

4 Likes

Keep going brother💪
Let’s quit this addiction now

2 Likes

Hey Tiger, welcome :wave:

Thanks for sharing your story with us. We’ll be following your diary and looking forward to your success.

Time to overcome this addiction and reclaim our lives!

Keep going strong bro :muscle:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.