Meditation Challenge 🌺 [Entries closed]

MEDITATION CHALLENGE:

Meditation is a simple, fast way to reduce the stress.

Meditation can wipe away the day’s stress, bringing with it inner peace. See how you can easily learn to practice meditation whenever you need it most.

If stress has you anxious, tense, and worried, this challenge is for you. Spending even a few minutes in meditation can help restore your calm and inner peace.

Anyone can practice meditation. It’s simple and inexpensive. And it doesn’t require any special equipment.

And you can practice meditation wherever you are — whether you’re out for a walk, riding the bus, waiting at the doctor’s office, or even in the middle of a difficult business meeting.

To better understand meditation, you can read these by clicking on an interesting title that takes your attention:

1_Understanding Meditation

Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.

Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. Meditation can produce a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind.

During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process may result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.

2_Meditation benefits

Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace, and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health. You can also use it to relax and cope with stress by refocusing your attention on something calming. Meditation can help you learn to stay centered and keep inner peace.

And these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day. And meditation may help you manage symptoms of certain medical conditions.

3_Meditation and emotional and physical well-being

When you meditate, you may clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to your stress.

The emotional and physical benefits of meditation can include:

_Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations

_Building skills to manage your stress

_Increasing self-awareness

_Focusing on the present

_Reducing negative emotions

_Increasing imagination and creativity

_Increasing patience and tolerance

_Lowering resting heart rate

_Lowering resting blood pressure

_Improving sleep quality

Meditation might also be useful if you have a medical condition, especially one that may be worsened by stress.

Meditation was considered a stress-remover but it turns out meditation may also help people manage symptoms of conditions such as:

_Anxiety

_Asthma

_Cancer

_Chronic pain

_Depression

_Heart disease

_High blood pressure

_Irritable bowel syndrome

_Sleep problems

_Tension headaches

4_The best time to meditate

I recommend meditating first thing in the morning if you can. It’s a nice way to start the day and is usually the easiest time to find a few undisturbed minutes. The most important thing is to pick a time that works for you and try to consistently meditate at that time.

5_Where should you meditate

No need to hike to the nearest mountaintop. Any reasonably quiet, comfortable place where you’re not likely to be interrupted is just fine.

6_What should you wear to meditate

You can wear whatever you like so long as you’re comfortable. It also helps to take off uncomfortable shoes and to loosen tight clothing, like ties or belts, if they’re bothering you.

7_How do you sit during meditation

Sit in the middle of a chair with your legs uncrossed, feet flat on the floor, and hands resting on the legs or your lap. The important thing is to set your body up in a way that your muscles can switch off and relax.

8_Can you meditate lying down?

I generally recommend sitting instead of lying down. However, if it’s too painful or uncomfortable to sit upright, you’re OK lying down. Try placing a thin pillow under your head and bending your knees so your feet are flat on the floor. It’ll help protect your lower back.

9_Some tips for Meditation

Scan your body. When using this technique, focus attention on different parts of your body. Become aware of your body’s various sensations, whether that’s pain, tension, warmth, or relaxation.

Walk and meditate. Combining a walk with meditation is an efficient and healthy way to relax. You can use this technique anywhere you’re walking, such as in a tranquil forest, on a city sidewalk, or at the mall.

When you use this method, slow down your walking pace so that you can focus on each movement of your legs or feet. Don’t focus on a particular destination. Concentrate on your legs and feet, repeating action words in your mind such as “lifting,” “moving” and “placing” as you lift each foot, move your leg forward and place your foot on the ground. Focus on the sights, sounds, and smells around you.

Engage in prayer. Prayer is the best-known and most widely practiced example of meditation. Spoken and written prayers are found in most faith traditions.

Read and reflect. Many people report that they benefit from reading poems or sacred texts and taking a few moments to quietly reflect on their meaning.

You can also listen to sacred music, spoken words, or any music you find relaxing or inspiring. You may want to write your reflections in a journal or discuss them with a friend or spiritual leader.

Meditate while looking at nature. So peaceful, so liberating, nature-meditation is surely the best way to relax and calm down your soul. Nature gives you positivity and straight to move and live your life.

Focus on your love and kindness. In this type of meditation, you think of others with feelings of love, compassion, and kindness. This can help increase how connected you feel to others.

10_Building your meditation skills

Don’t judge your meditation skills, which may only increase your stress. Meditation takes practice.

Keep in mind, for instance, that it’s common for your mind to wander during meditation, no matter how long you’ve been practicing meditation. If you’re meditating to calm your mind and your attention wanders, slowly return to the object, sensation, or movement you’re focusing on.

Experiment, and you’ll likely find out what types of meditation work best for you and what you enjoy doing. Adapt meditation to your needs at the moment. Remember, there’s no right way or wrong way to meditate. What matters is that meditation helps you reduce your stress and feel better overall.

11_Recomanded meditation apps

Calm:

Calm is the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation. Sleep better, relieve stress, lower anxiety and refocus your attention. Guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathwork, exclusive music and stretching exercises fill our extensive library. Discover a happier, healthier you through Calm.
Here is the link to download this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calm.android

Headspace:

Meditate and sleep soundly. Headspace is your guide to practicing mindfulness in your everyday life. Learn how to relax, manage stress, and focus your energy to become more centered and well rested. Create a calm and positive environment with Headspace. Here is the link to download this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getsomeheadspace.android

RULES OF THIS CHALLENGE:

NEVER JOIN A CHALLENGE BY ITS NAME.
READ THE RULES CAREFULLY:

RULE NUMBER 1:

PMO is not included, it’s just a meditation challenge. Only Meditation is a default, the number 1 goal of this challenge. It’s on you to decide if you want No PMO with it or not.

RULE NUMBER 2:

This challenge is for you so don’t lie with what you write. Take this challenge seriously as a big responsibility and your final and strong decision.

RULE NUMBER 3:

Members must check in at least once a week or they will be eliminated automatically. This is not a game, you’ve chosen to join, you must stay on your word.

RULE NUMBER 4:

Respect each other and don’t write aggressive, violating, triggering replies as we all must show good examples in front of others in this community.

RULE NUMBER 5:

The challenge will be done in many rounds, each round takes 1 month. The first 5 people who have more points than the others will be announced at the end of each round.

RULE NUMBER 6: ( THE POINTING SYSTEM :arrow_upper_left: )

5 minutes Meditation = 1 point
10 minutes Meditation = 2 points
15 minutes Meditation = 3 points

So in conclusion: For every 5 minutes, you gain 1 point - Easy peasy.

Writing fillings and meditation experience = 5 points

Check-in 3 days in a row = 5 points
Check-in 7 days in a row = 10 points
Check-in 2 weeks in a row = 20 points
Check-in 1 month in a row = 50 points

RULE NUMBER 7: GOLDEN RULE :star2:

Always remember your goal; “Meditation”

Do not let No PMO your goal, do not repeat the same mistake of other people I once considered a big example. They make a huge streak then relapse for the same reason: They make their goal to not to masturbate. This will make you drain your willpower and glucose from the brain.

Instead, make your goal to exercise, to sleep enough, make your goal:

MEDITATION

6 Likes

CHALLENGE HISTORY:

First round started on August 21st :fireworks:

Finishing date - The announcement of winners is on September 21st :medal_military:

I trust you guys :trophy:

2 Likes

BADGES:

0️⃣ points 🔼 / Admire

5 persons

5️⃣ points 🔼 / Settler

2 persons

1️⃣5️⃣ points 🔼 / Calm

2 persons

5️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Kind

1 persons

1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Healing

0 persons

2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Rising

0 persons

3️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Courage

0 persons

4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Joy

0 persons

5️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Nature

0 persons

7️⃣5️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Passion

0 persons

9️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points ↖️ / Dream

0 persons

1️⃣ 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Belief

0 persons

1️⃣ 2️⃣5️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Faith

0 persons

1️⃣ 5️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Hope

0 persons

2️⃣ 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Strength

0 persons

5️⃣ 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Health

0 persons

7️⃣ 5️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🎖 / Peace

0 persons

1️⃣0️⃣ 0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ points 🌹 / Happy

0 persons

4 Likes

INVITATIONS:

@Sholt_Tenkerrot
@the_resilient_one
@Strong_one
@anon30406793
@BlackMagic123
@The_Ambitious_One
@anon73192546
@prothekter_aden
@Purity11
@anon87955785

5 Likes

@The_integrous_one
@_TIGER
@yashnofap01
@Zelus
@wool
@_KarmaYogi
@mahmudulhasan
@babi
@jarjar
@anon6586404

5 Likes

@ColdMonster
@drago
@ERNOL
@Feueteau
@IMPROVERrrr
@Vortexkicker
@IMPROVERrrr
@Camfor
@Charus

4 Likes

yo I am in this
less go

3 Likes

I would try but I don’t know how to do it

3 Likes

I am in brother , I do 5 mins pranayama and 10 mins meditation. Is 5 mins pranayama considered as meditation here ? Its like control over breath than thoughts.

I’ve doing this for almost a year but not consistent in what I am doing. Finally found a place where I can be consistent with this. Thank you for this challenge…

2 Likes

I’ll try this out! I’ve been meditating for about two years, but I’d like to do more.

3 Likes

May I update from tomorrow onwards. Ive not been doing this for a while. I know challenge starts at 21 , Just considering 19 and 20 as warm up session before the main challenge. I dont need points for updating at 19 and 20…

2 Likes

I am in

1 Like

Another challenge with a classic goal.
@Binocular I’m in

2 Likes

If anyone has a question about meditation, the answer is in the topic if you just click on these:

2 Likes

In the badges up there, you will find out how many persons won a specific badge by clicking on each badge

1 Like

@Binocular I’ve also found that Medito is a great app, with lots of guided meditations and simple timers as well.

2 Likes

Count me in
I will read description later

2 Likes

I’ll try my best to include Meditation in my routine.
BTW thanks for inviting me !! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hello Subratsangi , I am really sorry that I was really rash and impulsive in the beginning. I am sure that it will improve my life but I need some time to rethink about this.

I am not scared of failure but I am scared of being dishonest. My life was screwed up and these days I am slowly and steadily focusing on habits one by one , the moment I am confident in my previous habits.

And of course , meditation is one of the habits I am going to follow. But let me be consistent in the habits I am doing recently. I will be surely doing meditation sooner or later.

For the time being , I would like to withdraw from your challenge. I am really sorry but Thank you for inviting me.

2 Likes

Hi brother thanks
Its getting well my i can now tackle the urges :slight_smile:

3 Likes