[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

Thanks for recommending dear @Strong_one . Will check…

1 Like

Hey
Do you have any tips for waking up early? I sleep it 10 pm, but still can’t wake up b4 8 am. My eyes get open at 6 or 7 or through alarm. But I still keep sticked to bed. i give excuses to myself for staying in bed :frowning:

1 Like

Hi dear @PaperBoat ,

There are several tips, but ultimately you have to make up your mind that you have to do it.
Also remember that-

आलस्य हि मनुष्याणाम् शरीरस्थोः महारिपु:l
(Laziness is the biggest enemy of human)

So keep away from it. Be enterprising and do the best you can.

You can try following-

1. Have light and healthy dinner atleast 2-3 hr before going to sleep (around 7-8pm if you go to bed at 10pm). If you feel hungry take water, juice or milk.

2. Strict No screen before sleeping unless you have important works like you read e-books on Kindle etc. They emit blue rays frequency that make your eyes awake and strained if you overdo it. Instead read good paper version of book.

3. Think and plan what you need to do when you get up next morning. Keep handy your plan in advance. Eg. if I know I am going to run for 3 km or read or revise my lesson early morning, I have to wake up early. This is to build psychological urgency.

4. Leave the bed as soon as you are in senses, do not keep lying like lazy people. Go wash your face with cold water, and start executing your schedule as you planned last night.

5. Even if you don’t get up at expected time, do follow the pre-planned routine.
    Lets say you wake up late at 8am due to late work, still go for running or whatever. This way you will try to do things faster and efficiently. It will keep you on the toes. Eg. Run say 10miles/hr instead of 6miles/hr? This will make you realise the importance of time, and it will also act as reward/punishment system for you.

Having said that, please take enough rest(everybody have different needs), and adjust your schedule accordingly.

Hope you implement them and benefit. Do not hesitate to modify according to your lifestyle, if and when needed.

All the best.
JumpingBuddha

8 Likes

2021-02-10T14:48:00Z

Woke up at 6:23

Cleaning
Contd. Book (The Intelligent Investor)

Morning workout-full body workout, squats, Surya namaskar, Morning walk

Newspaper
Breakfast

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Ashwini Mudra and Mool Bandha

Study/Revision

Lunch
Vajrasana

Read articles on Brahmacharya and transmutation by Swami Shivananda Saraswati and others

Study/Revision
Break
Study/Revision

Rewire app
Evening walk.

Dinner done

Will sleep after some revision

5 Likes

Thanks for your help

1 Like

You are always welcome :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

2021-02-11T14:42:00Z

Nocturnal emission
Woke up at 4:24

Siddhasana
Revision
Cleaning

Morning workout-3km running, 2km walk

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Meditation on siddhasana, Shirshasana
Newspaper
Breakfast

Study/Revision

No lunch(fast)
(Some bad past memories trying to come to mind, but repelling them consciously and constantly. Faster we move out of Earth’s gravity, stronger the drag. But once we reach the escape velocity, we float like feather-no weight, no friction, just freedom and complete freedom)

Shiddhasan

Study/Revision
Break
Study/Revision
Break
Talk with family

Evening walk
Dinner done

Will sleep after some revision

4 Likes

Brother, can fasting help with overcoming past memories, flashbacks and emptiness? How much time does it take to complete those different Bandha exercises? Reading your diary everyday, I’m also feeling inclined towards trying these Bandha exercises.

2 Likes

Dear @PrDr ,

Glad you want to practice bandhas, but do it right way.

Past memories are mental aspects, they can’t be eliminated altogether in one go (unless you get brain damage :slightly_smiling_face:) but yes we can fade them away bit by bit.
Never bring bad memories consciously. Even if they come shoo them away strongly, get diverted to some other useful and elevating things. And for that one has to be vigilant and aware. It’s a continuous process and we need to act whenever situation arises. It’s kind of unlearning just opposite of learning process.

Emptiness may be due to various things-seeking attention, need of social support or lack of self-confidence etc. They might be dealt with differently.

I think Fasting may indirectly help.
Fasting can help control our senses and it begins with craving for food. When we learn to control the basic instincts of hunger, we also learn to gain control over other senses as well. We learn to resist the temptations.

It makes mind calmer and clearer once we overcome temptation (initially hunger may force to eat, but later after resistance it gives in).

It also boost self esteem and sense of satisfaction that we can control our temptation and master our senses.

In addition to mental and psychological aspects, it gives rest to our gastronomic system for some time. It helps in insulin/fat regulation, boost autophagy to clean up the damaged cells and regenerate healthier cells.

Ofcourse it also help to save a meal for those who can’t afford.

That’s very personal and subjective thing and may vary from person to person. It also depends how intensely you want to do. It takes around 20-30 minutes for me (including asanas), but one should do according to one’s comfort level and time at disposal. Most important point is to be Consistent. About meditation, I think binding under time is not good. You get the instinct when it is done.

I am glad you want to practice them. These are powerful energy locks in hatha yoga. I have mentioned several resources about it in my posts here. You can take a look and get acquainted.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining it so vividly in detail brother @JumpingBuddha . You have mentioned some very important things there. I am going to learn doing bandhas properly first, only then I will include it in my daily routine. You also very rightly explained those benefits of fasting, which I never cared for. Thanks a lot, again. Have a great day.

2 Likes

2021-02-12T15:06:00Z

Kicked a drunkard *** harasser in dream. Literally kicked the study table near my bed, only to wake up at 4:50

Rewire app
Cleaning

Morning workout-Morning walk, full body workout, lunges, squats, Hindu pushups, Surya namaskar, planks

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Maha Bandha, Bhramari, Shirshasana

Newspaper
Breakfast

Study/Revision
Break
No lunch(chocolate and nuts)
Rewire app
Study/revision
Break

Talk with family
Revision

Evening walk
News article and podcasts

Light Dinner

Will sleep after some work/study

7 Likes

Awesome :rofl: :rofl: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

:joy: For a minute, thought it was real Lol

3 Likes

2021-02-13T16:28:00Z

Woke up at 5:39am

Nice quote from the book

Cleaning

Morning workout- running 3.5km, walk 1.5km

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahamudra, Bhramari, Shirshasana

Newspaper
Breakfast

Study/work
Lunch
Vajrasana
Rewire app

Talk to family

Study/work

Work(busy day)

Talk to friend

Dinner

Will sleep after some work and resume update.

Today’s learning

1. Conscious effort to self restraint is very important in the journey of brahmacharya.
    From last many days I am not wasting time in YT for entertainment.
10 Likes

2021-02-14T16:58:00Z

Last night slept late due to work
Woke up at 6:43am

Morning workout- morning walk, full body workout, Surya namaskar, squats, pushups

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana

Newspaper
Breakfast
Rewire app

Study/work

Lunch
Vajrasana

Study/work
Break
Rewire app
Study

Evening walk
Problem solving with friend

Light Dinner (fruits)

Will sleep after some work

3 Likes

2021-02-15T15:12:00Z

Slept late past 1:45am due to work
Woke up at 7:27am
Cleaning

Morning workout- skipping 200, squats, diamond pushups

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahamudra, Bhramari, Shirshasana

Breakfast
Study/work
Break
Newspapers
Rewire app

Lunch
Vajrasana

Study/work
Break
Rewire app

Some annual reports
And market analysis

Study

Evening walk
Snacks

Light Dinner (juice and milk)

Will sleep after some study

Today’s learning

1. Getting up late?
    On a positive note, It fuels a lots of sense of urgency to cover your tasks and complete them asap. It certainly improves the way of working with get it done attitude to an extent.
4 Likes

Just want to know brother! How much time do you usually take to complete this morning routine? :thinking:

1 Like

Dear @Karan050,

It varies generally from 1hr to 1.5 hr.

Whenever i feel a bit more energetic I go for a long running, similarly whenever I need more calmness, I include meditation in second half. On the other hand if I get up late, I reduce the intensity. But I dare not to skip.

I actually don’t set any timer per se. It just happens like a flow, and I manage it as per my requirements.

What I feel the most important is not the duration but the intensity, regularity and integrity.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

3 Likes

2021-02-16T15:24:00Z

Woke up at 5:33
Cleaning
Contd. Book (The intelligent investor)

Morning workout- skipping 500, full body workout, squats, Surya namaskar, Hindu pushups, diamond pushups
Morning walk

Bath
Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyan Bandha, Mool Bandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana

Breakfast
Study/work

Lunch
Report and articles analysis

Study/work

Evening walk
Grocery shopping

Having Dinner

Will sleep after some revisions

Today’s learning

1. When the struggle cease and things happen effortlessly, then there is real success.

I remember the quote by Bruce Lee:

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

8 Likes

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse! :grin:. Learning french nowadays !

2 Likes