[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

Dear @Sahas,

I have already mentioned in this forum, I was a slave of *** from my college days, though I started peeking images in my school days due to curiosity and I have attempted tried breaking free many times.

Also it’s not that my journey starts only after joining this forum. I tried living a lifestyle of brahmacharya by myself and gaining knowledge and researches. My last attempt was starting Jan 1, 2020 as a new year resolutions but could continue for around 3 months only. Now I am determined with full conviction.

Although these are very absurd and redundant questions, obviously because we are in this platform…( I hope and pray that each and everybody here is liberated and free of all the addictions, so that one need not come to this platform in first place)

I have already mentioned some stories in this forum, but would like to clarify that before coming to this forum I binged ***, series, movies, prime videos etc etc. like whole day and night. Sometime continuously More than 20 hr. In peek days my YT time spent was also in similar level.

I was severely engaged in random *** chats etc etc. Did phone chats with many girls. Was in contact with two girls even after joining this forum( respectfully deleted the app after notifying them ofcourse, and they respected my decision!). Luckily most of the girls I met were clean minded and were just finding a friend for loneliness.(I find the loneliness we create for ourselves is the real cause to drift away from primary objective of our life)

Although It was my first experience with phone *** and chat *** (I regularly chatted for whole night’s), I felt the brunt of wastage of my time and talent and the associated guilt ofcourse. I did all this things knowing well, the consequences. Wasn’t it like cutting the same branch where you are sitting, moreover knowing that you will fall once you cut the branch?? I have stopped cutting that branch now. May be more plantation will follow…

Dear @Sahas, Having said that I don’t think I need to mention the specific details about the numbers you requested. I guess It’s self understood. (I am sorry but, actually I don’t want even the tracesof memory of those acts to exist in my brain any more.)

With all my actions in past I have learnt a hard lessons, especially to not decieve myself further.

I have also gained some insights about human psychology and the emotional drainage of playing with emotions- it’s a double edged sword.

अयं निजः परो वेति गणना लघु चेतसाम।
उदारचरितानाम तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम।।

With this verse, I would like to say this whole world is a family and being respectful to half of the population is very important. Personally I can’t dare objectifying a human being anymore.

I would conclude my answer now.
Hope I answered your queries, and please excuse if any statement is off the topic.

Thanks for the patience.

Peace.

6 Likes

From college … i can assume in india… like … from age 18 yrs to 22 yrs…
But you are a 28 yrs. Old guy.

What happened after your college ?
Did you did any job for money ?
What you do now for money ?

2 Likes

Too curious! :blush:

A have worked as senior software professional. Aspiring to become a civil servant.

Peace out👍

9 Likes

are you an IITian by any chance?

2 Likes

Nope…
One of the NITian

6 Likes

2020-08-31T15:54:00Z
DAY 62

woke up At 4:43 AM
Gayatri mantra chanting

Morning workout-running 4km, 1km walk

Cleaning, bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra

Prepared breakfast
Breakfast, newspaper

Russian lesson
Harmonica
Study

Lunch, vajrasana
Rewire app

Russian lesson
Nap
Study
Rewire app

Study

Diet related YT videos

Russian lesson

Evening Workout- Full body stretching, cross over toe touches, pushups, crunches, leg raises, planks

Bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana and Shavasan

Dinner
Good night all…

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

9 Likes

2020-09-01T15:42:00Z
DAY 63

woke up at 3:52AM’
Gayatri mantra chanting

Morning workout-running 2km

Cleaning, bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra

Breakfast, newspaper
Harmonica notes

Russian lesson
Study

Lunch, vajrasana

Went out for Miscellaneous work
Bath

Rewire app
Study
Nap
Study

Grandmother came, she is fond of satsang. Played sundarkand for her.

Evening Workout- Full body stretching, military, diamond and hindu and V-pushups, planks

Bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana and Shavasan

Dinner
Study
Now going to sleep

Today’s learning

1. Experience is better than knowledge

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

6 Likes

2020-09-02T16:00:00Z
DAY 64

woke up at 1:34 AM
Meditation, slept again
Woke up at 5:05AM

Morning workout-4km walk with sis

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper
Miscellaneous household work

Lunch, vajrasana

Russian lesson
Nap

Study
Test analysis

Evening Workout- 200 skipping, declines pushups, triceps dips, squats

Bath

Dinner

Now going to sleep

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

6 Likes

2020-09-03T16:21:00Z
DAY 65😅

Woke up at 5:07AM’

Morning workout-4km running, 500m walk

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper

Helped dad in some of his online official work

Lunch, vajrasana

Russian lesson

Test analysis

Helped making dinner (mom was engaged with dad in heated debate over mental health and effect of good and bad company in new generation!
:sweat_smile:)

Evening Workout- burpees, squats, regular, diamond and spider pushups, regular and side planks

Bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana, and Shavasan

Dinner

Now going to sleep

Today’s learning

1. To make a mark in debate/discussion/social talks the most important thing is to be a good listener.

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

8 Likes

2020-09-04T16:20:00Z
DAY 66

Today it’s too late ofcourse because I slept a bit late last night. It’s still drizzling.
Woke up at 5:40AM’

Morning workout-2km walk.
Happy that I did not miss the red sunrise :blush:

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper

Rewire app
Russian lesson
Study

Lunch, vajrasana

Study
Nap
Rewire app
Test analysis

Evening Workout- Full body stretching, V pushup, planks, leg raise, Russian twists, lumber twists

Bath

Omkaar chanting, Jalandhar Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Moolbandha, Mahabandha, Mahamudra, Shirshasana, and Shavasan

Dinner

Study

Now going to sleep

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

4 Likes

I daily thought to come visit your diary, I was having a big urge a few moments back and then I visited the forum and saw your diary…
I thought this is the time I should read it and distract my mind instead of thinking about urges and I am feeling really great now… :smile:

Also, I have a question, what if we complete our tasks that we are supposed to do and then we get free time and as a result of boredom in free time (as I completed my tasks and it was time to have some entertainment to watch naruto, I did not felt like watching it)
And then my mind started wandering towards all king of arousing stuff, I knew that it is not right to think about it, I should shift my focus on something else or read book or walk but I am feeling lazy too, to do these activities at the same time… In this situation how can we distract our mind from urges or from thinking all unnecessary things (when we don’t feel like to do anything and are free or feeling lazy)? I know my question is twisted but happens with me a lot out of boredom. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Dear @selfconqurer,

I am glad you stopped by. Thanks for your valuable comments.

I think your question is not that much twisted and very important one.

There might be various reasons, you are feeling lazy and bored.

1. You are not doing enough tasks for the day to keep you busy
  2. You are not doing your tasks properly maybe taking shortcuts…
  3. You might be limiting yourself in terms of tasks and time devoted to each tasks
  4. You have extra energy, which is unutilized, even after completing all tasks

I listed above some of the common reasons. Whatever be your reasons. You should plan your tasks properly. Do not make it rigid, make it a bit flexible/dynamic if need be. May consider adjusting the timing of the tasks (eg. Instead of X hr study increase it to X+Y hr maybe).

Devote yourself to the process and enjoy it, rather doing compulsively (Hope you are enjoying your tasks😀)

If the laziness is due to monotony, I would recommend you to change the daily routine temporarily, introduce some new and challenging tasks. Devote some time to your hobbies. If you don’t have any then inculcate some - read books, write blogs, think about solutions to world problems, learn some music instruments, learn a new language or develop a new skillset… Anything which excites you!

You can also have some quality talk with friends/parents/grandparents maybe!

And yes! Don’t limit yourself to some finite tasks…In this infinite universe, what we know is next to nothing. So we have a gigantic gap to fill. Hence keep exploring and learning…

Hope that helps…

Best wishes
JumpinBuddha

10 Likes

2020-09-05T16:03:00Z
DAY 67

Woke up at 4:44AM’

Morning workout-3 km running, 2km walk.

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper

Harmonica
Test
Lunch, vajrasana
Rewire app
Russian lesson
Test analysis
Nap
Contd. Test analysis

Harmonica

Study

Played antakshari (singing song with last letter with turn) with sisters

Evening Workout- 200 skipping, regular, diamond and military pushups, squats, planks, lumber twists

Bath

Dinner

Going to sleep below the open sky on roof.

Спокойной ночи.

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

7 Likes

@JumpingBuddha can you share how you study Russian? Do you teach yourself or follow any course from anywhere?

3 Likes

Sure dear @neetwarrior,

I am using Duolingo app. I find it handy. It has courses for several other languages too.

Also for reference I am also using the site

And occasionally some YT videos.

Cheers

7 Likes

I want to quit FAPPING FOREVER…
CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME TIPS

3 Likes

Dear @Hardmode123

Thats a profound question and a bit tough to answer :sweat_smile:

What do you do if you want to leave an addiction forever!!
Hmmm…:thinking:

I think, you should and must-

1. Hate it, abhore it to the core…
  2. Be busy towards your goal- a higher goal for your life so that you don’t even have to think about your addiction.
  3. Have Determination, will power and right knowledge about harms and benefits may help.
  4. Understand that it’s not just about PMO but any addictions. They weaken your neurological system and trap into perpetual slavery. Who wants to be slave??
  5. Once you distinguish between mind and yourself- It becomes easier. Do Meditation and go deep into it. Explore your true self. Reinvent yourself…
  6. Do it not because of any external factors/motivation. Do the good acts for the sake of goodness. Internal things are long lasting may it be self motivation, self discipline or anything else.
    Do not consider it as means to a postponed pleasure (Many people do it for sexual benefit after marrying, for getting girls etc etc. I think such motives are faulty and destined to failure).
  7. Devote yourself for a higher goal of life-to impact a larger society or maybe many generations to come. Yes we all have that potential…
  8. It’s about channelizing the vital energy to constructive ways. If you become idle and you have extra energy, it is sure to ooze out. Busy in all three dimensions-Physical, Mental and Spiritual!

With my limited knowledge and experience, I have tried to jot down some lessons I have learnt.

It’s also important to understand that, ‘I’ AM THE MASTER AND MIND IS THE SLAVE, and not the otherwise. We can obviously train our mind to do what we want.

Last but not the least, Guard your eyes and never let your guards down!
Have respect, acceptance and love for fellow human beings as they are, without any prejudice. Enjoy the life!!

I believe that a rational mind can overcome any addiction. We need to find a proper balance between Intelligence and emotions too.

We, the human being are the most advanced species in this earth. We have vast unexplored potential. Life is too short and slipping like the sand in fist. Lets make the best out of it.

You know You can, I know I can…
Lets make it happen!!

Best regards
JumpinBuddha

7 Likes

Thanks a lot bro for your great response…
I will definitely quit this habit forever…

4 Likes

2020-09-06T15:57:00Z

DAY 68

Woke up at 4:14AM’
Meditation

Morning workout-4 km running, 500m walk.

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper
Harmonica practice (vande mataram)
Russian lesson
Study

Helped mom preparing Lunch
Lunch, vajrasana

Test
Helped sis with her studies
Rewire app

Evening Workout- Full body stretching, regular and diamond pushups, spalyed feet squats, cross over toe touches, planks

Bath

Dinner

Going to sleep after some study

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

7 Likes

2020-09-07T16:11:00Z
DAY 69

Woke up at 4:41AM’

Morning workout-3.5 km running, 1 km walk.

Cleaning, bath

Breakfast, newspaper

Russian lesson

Read about block-chain technology and it’s implementations

Helped mom preparing Lunch
Lunch, vajrasana
Read WEF report summary on Block chain technology for Govt transparency

Rewire app

Test analysis

Repaired punctured tube of my bicycle, haven’t ridden it for years (planning for bicycle ride tomorrow morning in morning workout)
Submitted ITR and other banking formalities

Test analysis contd.

Evening Workout- Full body stretching, regular and side planks, leg raises, crunches

Bath

Dinner

Going to sleep now

JumpingBuddha
Sharing code- s1jc5f

6 Likes