[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

No problem at all dear @Tagore.
I will be happy if I can be a help for you in any way.

Here are the links:

1. Gherand Samhita(Hindi/Sanskrit)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h85b1JKIIAjyAi19js5xm6Nj6bKcaiLw/view?usp=drivesdk

1. Hatha Yoga Pradipika(Sanskrit)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6P1hWxxwc6fTde9An-Ik_QyvRhpqKa2/view?usp=drivesdk

1. Hatha Yoga Pradipika (English)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hEGznMDdvrwg5FdW3KF-KBGjxilhOIk0/view?usp=drivesdk

You may also like another books on Hatha yoga practice

1. Hatha Yoga Swaroop Evam Sadhana(Hindi)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gAzbZ_h64C0KpXOa3Kp0AIAAkqQcxALl/view?usp=drivesdk

I understand it might not be feasible to read all but try to read relevant topics in entirety.
Also try to practice what you can.

All the best
JumpingBuddha

PS. I will recommend reading Hathayoga Pradipika in English.

2 Likes

Thank you so much brother. I just completed reading the book practice of Brahmacharya (1934) and just got a little introduction to the topic. From this book, I learnt most of the asanas for semen retention but I have to learn the bandhas. It is a little advanced, I think.
Have you read the books Raja yoga and Karma yoga by Swami Vivekananda? Iam about to read them next.

Brother, unfortunately I can’t understand Hindi and Sanskrit. Do you have the English version of Gherand Samhita And Hatha Yoga Swaroop Evam?
Maybe I’ll search in internet. I believe, these are all important books. Dear brother, you are gem for this community.

Brother, also have you read Shiva Samhita? When i searched in Youtube about Hatha Yoga I found that Gherand Samhita, Hatha yoga pradipika and Shiva Samhita are the 3 classic texts of hatha yoga? I found 2 great translations of the books Gherand Samhita and Shiva Samhita by Mark Mallinson- very clear and with pictures but i am not able to download it. Maybe i should buy it from amazon. Do you have these book brother @JumpingBuddha

1 Like

Once again these books are all gems brother. I am feeling so elated to have these; you are the who actually guided me into this. I was very much interested in Indian philosophy, Vedanta and Upanishads. I have read Vivekachoodamani by Shankara, some Upanishads, puranas and I studied Geeta byheart as well but it was all a very alienated, impractical and hard-to-experience concept for me. The Atman, Brahman and all. But after finding hatha yoga and Brahmacharya I am feeling like I have found a way now; there is a very practical aspect to all these. And Swami Vivekanada, his books- you are the who actually bought me into all these, I read your whole diary in one sitting and I am feeling huge peace of mind. There is a way- to real peace, to real happiness, to real success and at the same time being not overly attached to it, to blissfulness. In my opinion brother @JumpingBuddha , the forum must change from nofap to something bigger than that. Pmo, addiction etc are all temporary problems in our temporary life. There are much greater things in this life we can do; we can actually uplift our soul to an entirely new and high level. It can be spiritual and material at the same time. Maybe the “middle path” of the Buddha, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I also felt the same sense of ‘Deja Vu’ when I started learning yoga philosophy and other literature.

I can’t agree more on your points. Ofcourse the life is too small to devote to transient and petty subjects. We must aim higher, relatively permanent solution for larger good.

Ofcourse, the middle path or “Madhyam Marg” is in a way very practical and rational way to sort out confusion in worldly issues and taking firm decisions.

Rational thought process :arrow_right: Clarity of mind :arrow_right: No confusion+broad perspective :arrow_right: firm decisions+action :arrow_right: no remorse :arrow_right: worthy life

2 Likes

Or just reading Hatha yoga Pradipika is enough? Should I read all the 3 ? @JumpingBuddha

I found the English version, but it’s not a detailed explanation. Hope you find it useful.

Link:

1. English translation by James Mallinson(limited version)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hRWK70eu_Yamx4zy_56H63lEkbDSGb0s/view?usp=drivesdk

2. Translation by Rai Bahadur Vasu
    Gheranda-Samhita_english.pdf - Google Drive

Also here is the link of my collection, where you can find other relevant books:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1hojCHXn0ah8Bczp_8wOwa-FbVu5H2sp2

Also you can check for ebooks in one of the largest online archive(atleast that’s my resort for these ebooks :slightly_smiling_face:)

https://archive.org/details/books

Hope you enjoy reading and improving.

With best regards
JumpingBuddha

1 Like

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

You are God-sent for me brother. I don’t have to express my gratitude. :pray: :pray: :pray:

No, I haven’t read it.

It’s about clarity. If you get Clarity by reading one books that’s great. If you don’t and have time and interest then you can go for others.

In my opinion do limited and deep study, rather than vast and shallow. You can ofcourse read them for cross verification. I did it because there were multiple versions of same mudras and bandhas etc, so that I can find a common ground to practice and these books were some of the oldest reference to practical hatha yoga.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

2 Likes

Hey guys, I have been noticing that becoming a Brahmachari is quite daunting when you need to jump between threads and all that stuff.

Please, if you want to share your knowledge on Brahmacharya, semen retention and sexual transmutation, please join here and help everyone.

Thanks so much brother, this helped me understand a lot about Vivekananada and Maharishi Patanjali’s views.

I can’t put the book down, the words are pure wisdom.

2 Likes

New job, new location, new people.

First day work till 10PM. Really? Yes.

Peace.

Today’s Learning:
The best investment one can make is investing in self improvement.
Learn and love, unconditionally.

JumpingBuddha

7 Likes

Hope you had a great day, have fun with your new life.

2 Likes

Aapko dekh kar mujhe apne dad ki yaad aa jaati hai… He was a disciple of Yogic Philosophy From following swami shivananda(Rishikesh Aashram) to attending hath yoga lectures of Dhirendra Bramhachari(katra ashram)… I also read some books of Swami Ramana Maharishi, Gayatri pariwar and swami shivananda in my childhood …but with time and after death of my father … I was distracted to dark side of internet.
But From April I controlled my thoughts …
You said it right @JumpingBuddha The basic of NF was to eliminate peeking.

Now I observe Visible benefits… Aadha kaam to aise hi ho ja raha hai sirf Peeking chhod dene se

6 Likes

Hey guys …
This is a pages contents link of free books I hope you will enjoy .

20 Places to Find Free Books Online | Northern Cheapskate .

2 Likes

Hey @SincereDev ,

Those are heavy words to use for me. Thanks for that. But your dad was the best dad, who sowed the seed of goodness in your heart. I hope you make him proud.

Let your actions make him hear, wherever he is- the progress of his progeny.

I wish you the best.
Make you dream come true. Act Now!

JumpingBuddha

7 Likes

Great bro. Do your job.:+1:

1 Like

@JumpingBuddha , this forum is missing you.

2 Likes

100%!
He is kind of like my mentor. A great soul. Iam grateful to have him here. :pray:

5 Likes

@JumpingBuddha hey I can see you online… welcome back. and mentor us to the freedom !!

4 Likes

What happened bro :astonished::astonished: @JumpingBuddha your counter is showing 27 mint !

2 Likes