[M28] Buddha's journey to liberation

"Learn every day, but especially from the experience of others. It’s cheaper."
- John Bogle

6 Likes

And life is too short to learn all the things by one’s own experience only.

2 Likes

But once we marry it’ll end right. But there is one way out. There is a book called Karezza. Its an ancient art of love making from Taoizt school of philosophy. The ancient Chinese wise men valued semen retention and they found a way of love making without ejaculation. Karezza’s literal translation is cuddling. But its much more than that. When practicing it oxytocin gets released in our Brian instead of this explosion of chemicals when we ejaculate. Marnia Robbins the wife of Gary Wilson- author of Your Brain on ■■■■ has written a book on Karezza. In that book, she talks about this practice from a neurological, scientific, philosophical and religious perspective. I think, its a book we all must read bro
@JumpingBuddha

2 Likes

Thanks @Tagore bro for suggesting the book. I will try to read it.

2 Likes

@JumpingBuddha Can you recommend some of the books on Brahmacharya you read during this period? Or also any good book unrelated to Brahmacharya you read during this journey which was really helpful to you?

2 Likes

Hi dear @anon65589122 ,

I am glad to share some of the books, which I read during this ongoing journey. All of them are freely available on internet. I personally read them using e-book version. I would love to know your opinions, if you have read them. Or maybe after you read them.
I am putting them in just random order-

1. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
  2. Personality Development by Swami Vivekananda
  3. Buddha And His Message by Swami Vivekananda
  4. Patanjali Yoga Sutras treatise by Swami Vivekananda
  5. My Experiments With The Truth by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
  6. In Search Of The Supreme by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (only selective reading from some volumes out of 3 volumes)
  7. GYE handbook by GYE(Guard your eyes) community
    ‌8. Brahmacharya Sadhan by Acharya Chatursen Shashtri
    ‌9. The Coiled Serpent by C. J. Van Vliet( selective reading)
  8. Gherand Samhita (for yoga reference purpose)
  9. Hatha yoga Pradipika (for yoga reference purpose)
  10. Couple of research papers on Science and meditation available freely on internet

Hope you read some of them.
Thank you again.

JumpingBuddha

5 Likes

Thanks @JumpingBuddha for sharing it. Seems Nice collection. I have read just one The Secret. My view on this is we can’t take this book too literally. While some part may be true but if we take this book too literally it will be harmful.

I will start by Swami Vivekananda books.

2 Likes

I agree. I think it’s true for any book. We must apply our brain and take things with pinch of salt.

Let me know if you can’t find any ebook. I will try to share the links.

Bro, how are these 3 books by Swami Vivekananda? Can you please share the link of it here. I have read the secret too, and the law of attraction had been real game changer in my life. Law of attraction + power of your subconscious mind took me to where Iam now. I got admission to the best language university in India through entrance by using this technique. Anything can be achieved if you use your subconscious mind and law of attraction. It is basic logic and I speak from experience bro. I rigourously imagined, with discipline I created Vision board and imagined and felt the feelings of achieving my dreams everyday, many times. It all happened exactly, literally how I imagined it everyday. Its true, it works like magic but it’s real. Real commitment and discipline is needed.

Is this book good bro @JumpingBuddha

This book is in my reading list. How was it?

2 Likes

I tried it few times in my life it didn’t work for me. Also, I remember in the book “The Secret” it is written that the Titanic accident happened because people were thinking about death. I am not sure that is logical. It isn’t verifiable. Also it is a big statement to make.

Regardless if it has worked so wonderfully for you. And I know many people have claimed that it worked for them too like Scott Adams the writer of Dilbert I will give it a try with discipline.

2 Likes

These books are real gems in my understanding of spirituality and realism.

Personality Development by Swami Vivekananda-
In this book Swamiji has focussed on the inner development for holistic personality. I got a holistic understanding of self and it’s great potential. Swamiji clarifies well the real motivation and philosophy of a well rounded personality. I recommend it for all my companions.

Link-

Patanjali Yoga Sutras treatise by Swami Vivekananda- This was the most conducive way one can explain the yoga philosophy. I found many points very profound. I sometime felt deep meditative state pondering the explanation of Swamiji. If you want to understand the Yoga in real sense, do read it and try to apply in daily life. This book has always awaken my spirituality. Sometime practicing the principles seem a hardship but feels very rewarding as we practice it in real life.

Link-

Buddha and his Messages by Swami Vivekananda- It throws his perspective about Buddha and his unique personality- what make him different from other teachers? The summary of it is “the unconditional service of others”. You will find gems spread around these books which will make you think deep(all the books mentioned). I think one can learn a lot from Swamiji’s compelling yet motivating thoughts. They really make us to act.and learn a lot.

Link-

GYE handbook by GYE(Guard your eyes) community- This is a very good e-book with some good 18 tools and other tips (It has Jewish touch but can be generalized well for all.) If you read it try not to skip links to other resources/ebooks provided in the ebook itself). This book was recommended to me by fellow companion @EduardoIsraeli.
I found it really relevant to current situation of companions. You can also check out their website.

Link- GuardYourEyes Handbook.pdf - Google Drive

‌Brahmacharya Sadhan by Acharya Chatursen Shashtri- A good old book in Hindi with basics and fundamental concepts of brahmacharya.

Link- Brahmacharya-Sadhan.pdf - Google Drive

‌The Coiled Serpent by C. J. Van Vliet- A good book on transmutation of sexual energy ( It gives a western perspective of brahmacharya, if you might be interested! I have not read it all, just some relevant pages-last few chapters.)

Link- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wpp3nuFFi8C_z6Fe2arqrTCNBv2joSoc/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope that helps.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

4 Likes

I also agree to this to an extent. In my understanding the thought process is the fundamental to the action. Once we determine what we really want to achieve and think of the goals, processes and all the nitty gritty of it positively, it does affect our psychology and affect our actions. Which in turn affect our environment (including people around us).
Most importantly we must combine a dedicated action with the positive thoughts.
It also coincide with power of manas element of our subtle mind in Indian philosophy.

1 Like

I cannot recollect the reference of titanic incident in the book. Maybe you are referring to another book.

I agree with your viewpoint though, that just thinking only does not make difference. It must be backed by solid actions- intentionally or unintentionally. But one thing is clear that our thoughts are the first steps to our actions. Once we purify and direct our thoughts in right direction, working in right direction to achieve our goals must come naturally.

Your opinion is welcome.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

PS:
(Here is the link to ebook, if any companions are interested to give it a read- My favourite are the awesome and motivating quotes)

Bhaiya swami vivekanand ki book hindi me mil jaayegi kya?
अध्यात्मिक बुक्स मैंने हमेशा हिंदी में पड़ी है

1 Like

Some links are missing for example instead of Bramhacharya Sadhan you mentioned there was the link of GYE and In link of GYE Buddha’s message book is present and the link of Patanjali yogasutra was twice so plz correct it

1 Like

Bhai @SincereDev , Mere pas to English me hai, but hindi me bhi available hogi.

Links are working fine for me. I have put links after its review.
I will put a separator to distinguish them and avoid confusion.
Thanks for your inputs. :+1:
Let me know, if you find any issue.

1 Like

Brother @JumpingBuddha among these books in which one can I learn about those bandhas?
I seriously want to inculcate it into my daily routine.

From these 3 books?:point_up_2:

How is this book? I didn’t see you talk much about this in the diary.

2 Likes

You can get the authentic information about asanas and bandhas and other hathayoga kriyaa from the two books- Gherand Samhita and Hatha yoga Pradipika.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, in these books explain his idea of spirituality and ethics. I myself read only volume-1 that too selective chapters. That’s why I did not comment much about it. Other reason is I found these volumes a bit bulky too. Other than that it’s fine.

1 Like

@JumpingBuddha bro have you any Google drive link for semen rentention ??

2 Likes