Lancelot's Personal Journey towards life goals (27 M)

It’s just Experiment. But if you are looking to dive more into this i know a trick to use Chatgpt to create prompt for Leonardo ai. You Might Know this

3 Likes

Oh, ya you are right. I have used chatgpt too but haven’t used it to generate prompts. On the other side I saw this inbuilt feature to generate prompts within leonardo, so its like you have an idea or some keywords that you put in leonardo prompt generator and it will create some nice prompts for you.

2 Likes

How are you bro? It’s been a long time. I was just catching up on your diary and I must say that I’m really hopeful regarding your plans. You’ll definitely create something epic.

2 Likes

Hey bro, not much going on lately. How about you? The past few months have been really tough for me. I almost lost my way and found myself relapsing every night. I made the decision to take down the rewire app and managed to reduce my time on the forum.

On the other hand, I’ve been using the forum less because I’ve noticed it’s helping me in some ways. Using it less means I’m avoiding things that might make me want to do something I’m trying not to. I feel like I have more control over myself now. I don’t keep track of how many days have passed since I last did that thing. Instead, I just write it down in my notepad whenever it happens. This way, I don’t have a reminder telling me how long it’s been.

I’m still working on my plans, but I’ve made a choice to keep things quiet for now. I’ll only talk about them when I’ve actually finished something. This way, I can avoid falling into the trap of social reality theory.

2 Likes

Glad to hear from you bro. I’m doing good too. Taking an approach in life that’s somewhat similar to what you described in the last paragraph. Although I don’t know what social reality theory is. Sounds interesting :thinking:. I’ll read up on it.

2 Likes

A good example of this is the diaries on the forum. Many people write impressive diaries, but they often achieve very little of what they set out to do, sometimes as little as 5%.

The social reality theory is something you will notice a lot in the quotes like work in silence and let your success make noise.

The idea of working in silence, without revealing your goals to others, is based on the concept that sharing your goals prematurely can make you feel as though you’ve already achieved them. It can create a sense of complacency or satisfaction that reduces your motivation to actually work towards those goals.

When you share your goals with others, it’s like sharing your dreams and aspirations. You may receive positive feedback and encouragement, which can provide a feeling of accomplishment. This can lead to a psychological phenomenon known as “social reality theory,” where your brain interprets the positive responses as a form of success, even though you haven’t taken any concrete steps toward achieving your goals. As a result, you might feel less driven to put in the necessary effort and hard work.

By keeping your goals to yourself, you maintain a sense of secrecy and a stronger internal drive. You’re less likely to become complacent because you don’t have the external validation that can come from sharing your goals. This can help you stay focused, work diligently, and increase your chances of actually achieving what you set out to do.

Of course, the decision to share or not share your goals should be based on your individual preferences and what motivates you best. Some people thrive on external accountability and benefit from sharing their goals openly, while others find that working quietly and privately is more effective. The key is to choose an approach that helps you stay motivated and committed to your goals.

3 Likes

Day 261 (21/10/23)

This month is filled with a lot of observation for me. :slight_smile:
This month, I’ve made some new observations, although I haven’t made much progress on my personal goals. However, I’m taking it slow and steady instead of rushing.

To begin, I realized that past setbacks were mostly due to my weak mindset. I had made promises to myself but never fully committed to them, leaving loopholes that held me back.

A few weeks ago, I faced emotional pain. I really wanted to take a day off from work because it was getting too stressful. I was torn between taking a leave or canceling my plans. I felt a mix of emotions—anger, sadness, and anxiety. Ultimately, I canceled my leave, even though it was a special day. I shed a few tears and smiled at how tough life had been. Instead of blaming myself, I changed my mindset, believing that everything happens for a reason. In the following days, the pain and sorrow actually helped me stay composed, and my mind was clearer than ever. The frustration of not getting what I wanted became a source of motivation. I did falter after 8 days, but the power of that pain was stronger than the temporary pleasures.

Lesson learned: Avoid indulging in pleasures, no matter what they are—junk food, chocolate, or games. If you know it’s a short-lived pleasure, steer clear and do something mentally challenging or something you usually avoid. This will propel you forward in life, while indulging in pleasures can lead to setbacks.

I also learned that celibacy isn’t limited to abstaining from certain behaviors; it extends to your thoughts, words, and what you expose your eyes and ears to. Stay away from negative things, like listening to bad stuff, speaking unkind words, or seeing harmful content – in short, practice celibacy in these areas as well. Instead, talk positively and immerse yourself in uplifting material. When you do this, your mind naturally becomes more positive and productive.

Here’s a summary of my recent progress:

:white_check_mark: Blender updates, spent time practicing the basics, like going through multiple round of doing same things until I am confident with it.

:new: Fl Studio, spent some time exploring and playing around it, recently completed a short guitar melody.

:stop_button: C#, Python, Unity - On hold!

On that note, here is a reminder!

If you are tired, it’s okay to rest. But don’t quit.

2 Likes

Recap of 2023: Things were going well until September, but then I slipped back into my old habits. Despite my plans falling apart, I stayed positive. I have ideas in my head, but taking the next steps feels hard. It’s like I’m stuck in chains, held back by the fear of the unknown or the fear of messing up my plans. I’ve realized that the key is to take small, doable steps. Right now, I’ll focus on just two goals instead of juggling many things. On a positive note, I had a great time playing chess with my dad today—it was fun and helped me stay focused. I plan to continue this habit in the weeks to come.

I didn’t do much with Blender this year, but I did finish a small animation. Looking ahead, I aim for a new year with better plans and a simpler way of living.

Here’s wishing everyone a year full of success and happiness! :confetti_ball: :tada:

2 Likes