Lancelot's Personal Journey towards life goals (27 M)

Although I am not very good at keeping diaries, I am doing so in order to serve as a reminder to myself to aim my energy in the appropriate directions and avoid wasting any time on pointless pursuits. (you know what I mean). To some extent, it resembles a personal journey where I hold myself responsible for the daily actions I take. Even though it’s a personal voyage, anyone who wishes to accompany me is welcome to do so. There won’t be any scores, the only requirement is that you share with others how you spent your day, any personal projects you worked on, and any lessons you learned. Feel free to voice your opinions.

I’m going to include a couple of my personal goals for this year below
Task 1: Get hands-on experience with Blender CGI (A Free tool for all your 3D requirements)
Task 2: Extend that knowledge further in Unity (A Free Game Engine)
Task 3: Doing the most difficult thing, coding (namely python and C# for now), because my brain constantly runs away from it.
Task 4: Extend my expertise of graphic design by creating my own blueprint.
For the time being, these are sufficient, I will add/update other tasks if I am confident enough in the ones listed.

Depending on my availability, progress reports will most likely be updated weekly or monthly. I’m short on time, but that won’t stop me. :star:

4 Likes

Day 1
Spent my time playing around with blender, made something really basic using free 3D models and stock images. Looking forward to next day to practice something new.

5 Likes

Brilliant work buddy! Keep perfecting your skill :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot brother :pray: @CoffeeMan

1 Like

Day 2 (14/02/23)
Couldn’t do much today, cause of too much work. Just had few hrs left before sleep. So I thought to review my own script today for the game that I am planning to make someday. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Day 3 (15/02/23)
Spent my day fixing the windows driver issues and remaining time spent on following the basic tutorial of blender low poly modeling. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 4 (15/02/23)
Relapsed again after completing 5 days. Continued the journey on low poly modeling today.
Starting again afresh, no turning back again.

3 Likes

Day 5 (16/02/23)
Finally Friday Night is here, weekend is up means more time for personal stuffs.
Finished another lesson on low poly modeling in blender.
To stay engaged while following the tutorial, I was playing this ambient medieval music, it gave me some great vibes. :+1:

Check it out if anyone wants to listen as well…

Summary:
Overall a good day, no urges just using my energy in right direction.

2 Likes

Remember !!!
A well planned is more successful than the dreamer of success

If i ask you this question answer it honestly without telling

What plan do you want to execute tommorrow??

Life is not accident you have to plan for the 5 dayz first, see if you can accomplish that task and guess what??
Self trust will build up to a such a piont that it will be easy to find solution to any problem

Thats was a quickie tip just keep going and soon you will find your success :1st_place_medal::saluting_face::saluting_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip brother, you are right planning the day is crucial or else your mind will plan the day for you. :100::handshake:

2 Likes

Day 6 (18/02/23)
Spent my time today searching a few more tutorials on blender and digital painting. I was tired of drawing ovals and lines, so played around to make things funny. Tried gesture drawing and damn it made me realize I have to practice drawing ovals and lines for a month or more. Gesture drawing in a min was really overwhelming. So thought to drop it there and followed other’s loose drawing tutorial, made some inaccurate shapes and did very basic coloring. Not much of a productive day but ya I took some power naps in between to not overload my mind.

For some weird reasons thought of my ex today and quickly snapped out of it, some chapters of life are supposed to remain closed, no need to open them again.

So to summarize, today was a balance of rest and productivity. No urges, fewer distractions and had fun too. Going to try continuing the journey tomorrow.

Tired of ovals drawing, so made this out of nowhere haha. On a side note, that’s many of us when we relapse so don’t relapse, stay strong!!!

2 Likes

Day 7 (19/02/23)
Spent my day training in blender, although I was distracted but I didnt let it ruin my entire day. Explored various editors in blender watched few movies made purely in blender. Overall a great day, going to continue studying more in coming days.

1 Like

True that :no_mouth:
Are you reading any books lately?

1 Like

Nope, I was actually thinking to make a habit of reading some in coming days.

Any recommendations?

1 Like

Oh, better stay away from fiction. I mean that’s my 2 cents. It’s a free country though.
I would suggest you to pick one that has something to do with one of the following: Finance, Psychology, Intergender dynamics, Negotiation… Basically anything that upgrades you as an individual.

• Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
  • Never Split the Difference - Chris Voss
  • The Rational Male - Rollo Tomassi (I’m reading this one now)
1 Like

Try reading - The Compound Effect
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck ( Amazing book )

2 Likes

It’s on my list.

Will check it out for sure.

1 Like

Forgot to mention one of the most amazing book - Can’t Hurt Me…
That’s all for now…:v:t2::fire:

2 Likes

Thanks brother @CoffeeMan and thanks @SwatiV

By the end of 25th Feb, I’ll be having limited access to my personal laptop for almost a week, so definitely gonna check these out. :fire::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Day 8 (20/02/23)
Slept on time, but woke up late. Not much productive day, busy in work. Hopefully after the coworking week, I can start afresh. Not much of urges but there are some triggers that sometimes pull me in, for now snapped out of those triggers.

1 Like