KarmaYogi's Last Battle

Thanks @Tagore

1. Balayam : it is nail rubbing and supposedly helps in hair growth, check on youtube ( i couldnt find any english video)
  2. Detumescene therapy : This is nothing but massaging the skull. Detumescence Therapy-Correct Way to Perform Massages for Hair Growth-My Journey to Fountain of Youth - YouTube
1 Like

You have hair loss brother?
Sirshasan is very useful. But if you have genetically inherited it, nothing can stop the hair from going off. Maybe by doing all these practices we can make its occurrence a little late. I inherited balding from my paternal family and now I am only 20 but most of my hair at the front is gone. The thickness is extremely low. I am sure that it will go off completely when my BA course ends. But I am not concerned much about it now. Many people fix some hair spending lakhs and suffering pain, injecting unwanted medicines but the best thing is to focus less on hair and external appearance and focus more on our life, purpose and success. Achieve success and greatness in life brother. Authentic pride and self confidence comes by achieving your dreams in life and following your passion.
Most girl are attracted to success. Whether we accept it or not, it is the truth.

4 Likes

Hi @Tagore thanks again for frequently posting in my diary, it gives me a sense of happiness that there are people who bother to read and respond to my daily updates.

Coming to Hairfall, I do have hairfall issues but not due to any hereditary reasons. Actually, everytime my streak exceed 4-5 weeks, I do experience a reduction in hairfall, and in streaks of 50+ there is a significant reduction in hairfall and a noticeable improvement in quality of hair. So I believe hairfall issues are not due to hereditary reasons in my case. Both balayam and detumescene therapy requires just 5-10 minutes, and it can be done along with other activities like watching movies, attending voice call etc. Hence I can easily accomodate these in daily routine. Their benefits are amazing (if done for a long term).
Yeah, I agree we should not focus much on external appearance, thats why I dont use any fancy soaps/shampoos/perfumes etc. But I feel haircare is a part of overall health regime, hence following this routine.

5 Likes

Day#14

27/June/21

Hair Care:
:white_check_mark: Shirshashan
:white_check_mark: Balayam
:white_check_mark: Detumescene Therapy

Physical and Mental Well being
:white_check_mark: waking up by 5:00 AM
:white_check_mark: Yoga
:white_check_mark: Gayatri Mantra Jap - Twice a day (and affirmations)
:white_check_mark: Kegel Exercise (3 sets of 5)
:white_check_mark: Drinking 3+ L of water
:white_check_mark: Breathing exercises in evening
:white_check_mark: Reading a religious/ethics book

Professional Growth
:white_check_mark: 5 Hours of Study (8+ hours)
:x: 6 Hours of Office Work with full dedication (holiday)
:white_check_mark: Revise 3 problems
:x: Maintaining a time logger
:white_check_mark: Planning for the next day

:white_check_mark: Better at tasks than the previous day
:white_check_mark: More Vairagya than the previous day

2 Likes

Keep going brother. One reason I open your diary regularly is your routine is beautiful. You are leading a disciplined life these days and you are a good human being. I am sure you will achieve all your dreams brother. We are all here to support and help you. We are together in this
Sometimes life gets hard. Especially this nofap journey; sometimes we may feel like giving up so badly but knowing that 100s and 1000s of great friends and companions are with us in itself will motivate us to push a little harder, put a little more effort. Keep putting the effort, keep the faith. Result will follow. Remember the law of sowing and reaping; found these words from Bible:
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap… "

4 Likes

Thanks for those great words. Means a lot :pray:

2 Likes

From Reddit:

We’ve all familiar with creating a to-do list to increase our productivity. Another list which can jumpstart our productivity is the not-do list - things we shouldn’t do. By being conscious of what to avoid, it’ll automatically channel our energy into things that we want to do.

:writing_hand: Trying to do everything

Not all tasks are equal. Each task has its own importance. In fact by the 80/20 rule, 20% of the tasks on our to-do list account for 80% of the value. Keep only the absolute important things and let go of the rest.

:writing_hand: Answering all emails (or calls and messages for that matter)

It’s not necessary to answer all the emails, we cannot respond to all of them except the highest priorities email that’s helping you to grow. Most of the emails contains same format, reply them all with automation.

:writing_hand: Thinking you have to do everything immediately

Apart from to-do list and not-do-list, we also should have a do-later list. This is to collect the items that drop in mid-way through the day, usually administrative, nitty gritty that don’t take much time.

:writing_hand: Putting important tasks off

Procrastination is the mind killer. It may seem like a good idea to put off the task now, but that’s just setting yourself for a jam later on, and it’s not worth it. Get started on your most important projects now and stop putting them off.

:writing_hand: Trying to get things perfect the first time round

It’s the perfectionist in us that causes many of us to procrastinate. If the perfectionist side of you is hindering you from getting things done in the first place, that’s something you should look into.

:writing_hand: Being hung up over details

Being details oriented is good. Don’t be obsessed with details that it holds you back. Does this matter a year from now? 3 years from now? 5 years ? If not, then maybe it’s not worth worrying so much about it now. Go for the bigger picture.

:writing_hand: Not having clear goals

Do you know you goals for this month? How about you goals for this year? And the next year? If you can answer these 3 questions with absolute certainty and conciseness, then you’re good to go. Otherwise, perhaps it’s good to spend time 2 think over them

:writing_hand: Not taking breaks

Our mind cannot take a burden to work 24/7 hours. We need to rest and recharge. Don’t stress your brain over and over again without breaks, it’s unhealthy and unproductive.

:writing_hand: Trying to please everyone

“Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity” - Colin Powell You’re never going to be able to control what others think, so don’t spend too much time sweating over it.

4 Likes

From last two days, I have been battling extreme urges. I started peeking and was on verge of relapse, I controlled somehow but had nightfall the following night.
I was just wondering what else can I do to fight harder. I read several blogs on addiction.
Found one gem of a resource, learnt how using powerful visualisations we can change our reality. I am going to incorporate this as well in my daily routine.

3 Likes

Didn’t relapse … Just want a cleaner streak from july 1. So have reset my streak…

5 Likes

@_KarmaYogi I read your diary. We two are of same age and going through similar condition. Keepgoing brother. Dont stop.

2 Likes

1/July/21

Hair Care:
:x: Detumescene Therapy

:white_check_mark: waking up by 5:00 AM
:x: Breathing exercises in evening
:x: Reading a religious/ethics book

Professional Growth
:white_check_mark: 5 Hours of Study (5 hours)
:x: 6 Hours of Office Work with full dedication
:white_check_mark: Revise 3 problems
:x: Maintaining a time logger
:x: Planning for the next day

2 Likes

2 Likes

https://www.trp.red/b/illacertus

3/July/21

Bad day…not much to update

1 Like

what does a good day look like to you?

4 July, 21

Hair Care:
:white_check_mark: Detumescene Therapy

:x: waking up by 5:00 AM
:white_check_mark: Breathing exercises in evening
:white_check_mark: Reading a religious/ethics book

Professional Growth
:white_check_mark: 5 Hours of Study (8+ hours)
6 Hours of Office Work with full dedication (holiday
:white_check_mark: Maintaining a time logger
:white_check_mark: Planning for the next day

Today’s learning : I was studying very well and was very determined to be make the most of the day. Around 9 pm I got a bit bored and started watching youtube. Got urges and saw some bad things for few minutes. After that I realised my entire enthusiasm for studies had just got lost, I lost the entire tempo of studying. I felt that literally the energy and motivation in my entire body was sucked and pushed downward. Anyways, withing few minutes I closed youtube and I tried hard to concentrate on studies again.

A note to myself for better concentration:
https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/lifestyle/life-hacks/how-to-be-aware-all-the-time

3 Likes

Hi bro. Where did you learn Gayatri Japa Mantra. @_KarmaYogi

4th july update is somewhat closer to a good day for me.

Hi bro, I knew mantra before but didnt use to chant, mantra chanting seemed to be some pseudoscience to me.

I read this book and learnt about experiences of few people who have been practicing it. Then recently I started chanting seriously everyday. I just take a beads mala and chant for a complete mala (i.e.108 times) twice a day.

3 Likes

Note to self:

2 Likes