It was so easy for me to quit smoking despite smoking for more then 4-5 years (pron is no different)

Because I don’t see any value or benefit in continuing smoking

Why not the same for pron?
(It is literally same for pron)

3 Likes

They are totally different mate. Cigarette is artificial, while the sexual drive comes from genes. Our gene uses this craving to promote mating and produce offsprings, securing its continuation. Sexual addiction is probably the toughest of all addictions. It cannot be removed from the root. I know many people who smoke but they are not quite addicted, but many nofap brothers are fighting for years.

Of course it doesn’t mean we cannot win. We have seen many successful examples. But I would say quitting PMO is of different level with quitting smoking.

5 Likes

We can leave the nicotin, but not the testosterone. Our hormones will forever stay with us, the work is to chain the foe and control him knowing that the foe will forever be with us. We don’t kill the lion, we must turn the lion into a cat.

3 Likes

So when yo think about it, people is more like herd animals like sheep or cattle or bees, yah? They work togerher in groups but get lost and aimless and sad without others of their kind not far away. So I reckon PMO is really sorta a way for a lonely person to create this fantasy of bein connected with someone they want to be with and imagining that person in the pic wants to be with them and that.

I dont smoke anymore and know it is a way to socialize and get accepted in certain groups of lads, innit? But its more about calmin your nerves and such you can just be thinkin about yourself, yah? But PMO for a guy ALWAYS includes another person in a fantasy. It’s about conencting. So seems to me myadddiction geets worse when I spends a lot of time alone, and better when I am busy doing lots of things and interacting with people.

I wonder ifin. maybe answer to PMO is connection rather than things like willpower or ambition to be some kinda super-guy. The body is tryin to tell you its lonely and doesn’t feel safe without connection with others of yoru kind.

3 Likes

I feel really sad to see how you guys are misled

1 Like

Pls share your opinion bro, in your experience, how is the feeling of quitting smoking and quitting PMO? Do they feel similar or different?

1 Like

I have been a heavy pron user for 7yrs+, recently I came across some information which just blew my mind away. I feel like they will block me here if I give away the info. Because the knowledge goes against the nofap approach

2 Likes

Don’t quit fap, but ask and look at yourself when you’re in FapLand,…
Is this what I really want?

It’s what’s in EasyWay to quit smoking - observe rather than restrict.

4 Likes

I never read that book, I did read the similar book which was easypeasy quit pmo, which was based on that book. It didn’t help me.

No one will block you here for sharing sincere advice, this is not the NoFap forum or subreddit. Please do share, we may benefit a lot from your experience.

3 Likes

I’d recommend to read "Your brain on pon" by Garry Wilson. It has a more scientific approach to pon use.

Easypeasy is great but it’s more like a hack. Although it’s not bullet proof.

YBOP has more scientific and bio (Brain chemicals) details which are based upon authentic and credible studies.

To answer your question. Like we all know, One of the most raw instinctive desires of a healthy grown male is to procreate. Of course food and sleep too but none is even comparable to the canal desires. Not like we choose this. To some it’s from God. To some it’s because of evolution. But the end result is same. It is because we don’t go extinct. And whenever you watch po*n, The brain thinks “Oh I’m getting $€X!!!”, and after repeating the same cycle for like a couple of years if not decade, For some of us. The simple act of tossing away the lotion bottle after pouring on your hand and dropping your drawers, yaba daba doo becomes An. Engraved. Neural. Pathway in our brain. It’s like the habit becomes like our second nature. Also there’s a term in neuroplasticity which goes “The neurons which fire together, wire together”. So there are 2 main chemicals which are mostly, If present in large quantities in the neural receptors, Tells whether the brain is addicted or not. Addiction can be anything.

There’s a show on TLC, “My strange addiction”. Like the most bizarre addictions ever. So anyone can be addicted to anything.

The abuse of any substance can cause addiction.

Coming back to those 2 chemicals.

1: Dopamine
2: Deltafosb

Dopamine: This is called the pleasure chemical. The amazing feeling after you just orga$m or the first puff of cigarette after a long day at work. The feeling of tranquility. Well it’s because this chemical is released in the brain and the neural receptors receive it. This chemical is literally everything for us. We get motivation from it. We get the urge to do our chores because of it. Just a bite of chocolate may give us a quick rush od dopamine which in turn makes us happy.

DeltaFosB: Now this shit is what messes up everything. This chemical helps our brain in designing and like imprinting the neural pathway of our habits or acts. So inshort 10 years of viewing Filth is gonna be imprinted like a normal everyday habit on brain because of this.

Now coming back to the nicotine VS pron. Nicotine may be highly addictive and work on brain exactly the same but the real problem is nicotine doesn’t BOMBARD the brains with the same amount of dopamine like pron. It’s just a simple logic. Anything which gives more dopamine is more highly addictive. Same is the reason most humans like processed food because they release more dopamine. Sugar chocolate stuff like that too.

If anything is comparable to pron it’s most likely Cocaine and heroin.

They hijack the prefrontal cortex of our brains the same way like pron do literally exactly the same.

Simple words: All about the dopamine hits. Anything which gives us the biggest dopamine hit will be the most addictive.

Also not to mention their are tons of other substitutes for nicotine. But for PMO it’s none. I was addicted to cigarettes for 6 years and lwft cold turkey maybe on the 3rd try. I had other firm alternates which eased urges.

For PMO or eveb $€X it’s different. Also not to mention how easy it is to get PMO now a days. The availability also matters alot.

Btw most of the stuff I said even the pic is from YBOP. Please read it. It helped me Alot. And have many testimonials as well. I may have not worded properly so do yourself a favor and read it. Best of luck

3 Likes

Yup exactly what I was thinking. Cigarettes are not natural. But carnal desires are natural. And when infused with pron they definitely become something much worse addictive. Also not to mention how most of us started it at adolescence when our brains were the most vulnerable and in growth. Well still we gonna beat this addiction :muscle:

1 Like

Final somebody understanding it a little bit :pray:

1 Like

I won’t say “it’s Our fault” but pron is not at all the really problem, it’s the neuroscience showing us that “pron is a brain disease” or pron is powerful. And forums like this make u believe that u need some recovery. Absolute Bs.

WE have been mislead on a Gigantic Scale.

1 Like

If this neuroscience helped you, you would have not been on this forum. You would have got rid of pron and moved on with your life

Share the Knowledge bro it might benefit us a lot @anon77770729

I don’t believe in addiction, it’s a social construct. Drugs or pron don’t force anyone to watch, we choose to watch because we find value or benefit or desire in it. We have fckin FREE WILL.
That’s what I did with smoking I saw no reason to continue which leads to no desire and I was done with that habit just like that, I didn’t needed any fckin recovery, In fact I still smoked a cig few months back and had no issues. Because I choose to smoke. And I am absolutely kk with it.

1 Like

Please read the book freedom model and understand it, you guys will understand what I am trying to say

The Freedom Model for Addictions: Escape the Treatment and Recovery Trap

It is based on substance use but works the same for any so called addiction. And

https://www.youtube.com/@Jay-Quit-PMO

this is the only guy taking about it on youtube. I am grateful for him.

After going through this stuff you guys might understand What I said before
WE have been mislead on a Gigantic Scale

2 Likes

That was the only cigs few months back. I can take it or leave it, because I see cigs as cigs nothing else
I don’t believe cigs/pron have their own power. That’s one of the reason why it’s so easy to quit

1 Like

I have been meditating for 2 years now every single day. Am I addicted to mediation now? :rofl: