Is LDR(Long distance relationship) practical?

I know I might be sounding naive, but I have gave it a thought. It’s been quite some time but our bonding has been growing pretty well. I don’t know how to interpret this statement but she once said “you remind me of my brother sometimes” so I was little confused. And some red pill guys told it’s an indication she sees potential in you as a protector.

And as the general thought goes in these situations a lot of times, I am not sure if I should convey my feelings to her. We talked a lot of critical things about relationships. And we both kind of described how both men and women of present gen are not suitable for long term relationships. We both almost agreed on each other’s view point. I think I might be oversharing here, so I might not give much details now.

I have strong feeling of care for her, I want to give her whatever I can. She values my morals and personality, which is great from the pov of present batch of women. Also, this is the last detail I will share. I am the first person who she gave her phone number to, among the people she has ever contacted online.

Well, as much as I am a man who has lot of intent and when doing anything, I never have two thoughts in mind. This relationship kinda thing sounds different. I do have a bit of fear of rejection and also have fear related to losing her as a person altogether.

But I also know the reality and fate of being a man who’s middle class and presently not earning. But it’s no wrong either to get a kind of woman who loves you for what you actually are as a person.

I am expecting thoughts and any kind of experience you can share regarding this topic. I will take insights from it.

6 Likes

I thought the same thing but when I searched on internet. One video said “you are a brother to me” and “you remind me of my brother” are different in meaning. And women lot of time don’t give direct signals.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know you can’t be naive about these type of shit. But I see the potential.

3 Likes

Maybe man. If shit goes south, I will have this topic to comeback to and share experience and get some support from people here who I know.

3 Likes

I had care for my ex. She used to tell me “You are the guy I like most”. When I asked her for marriage, she told me why should I marry you ? I am already engaged. She gave the explanation that there is no connection between liking someone and marrying the same person. Then I deleted her number. I wasted 6 yrs behind her gossipping. This was not a long distance relationship tho.

2 Likes

Have you met her in real life?

3 Likes

Valid question. And the answer is no

2 Likes

Better to concentrate on your future. What are you doing ? I mean what is your job ?

1 Like

Long distance is a bad idea if you’re a man. For women it’s great. You’ll become a source of respite for her as she deals with her day to day challenges. All the while you’ll be getting drained from all the time you’ll have to give her. Moreover, you haven’t even met her, so whatever you think about her and how she perceives you may not be true at all. People are very different online and in the real world. Men are better off finding romantic interests in the real world.

Now there’s a one in a BaZillion chance that she’s the gem that you think she is. I think it’s still not worth the risk. But it’s your life soo…

And remember, everyone thinks that their case is different and special. Time is the best teacher in such cases.

4 Likes

And if you’ve never met her IRL, “she” might be a guy for all you know… just saying

4 Likes

Skull Issues GIF - Skull Issues GIFs

4 Likes

I am a student. And yeah, I am self aware of the fact to countinously improve and build yourself as a man.

2 Likes

Realistic advice. I am definitely keeping these things in mind.

3 Likes

Bro, I have heard her voice and her account is real. I know the fake ones bro, she’s definitely a real woman behind the screen.

5 Likes

@prince_king
Stay away from her.
Focus on your life.

4 Likes

I think this might be the reply I needed. I will take time to reflect, will see how my feelings change for her overtime. It’s important to reach somewhere first as a man. Men have to build while women have to preserve.

6 Likes

If you find the time, read ‘The Rational Male’ by Rollo Tomassi. Good stuff.

6 Likes

Is it a long book to read?

2 Likes

I just checked - 302 pages

3 Likes

Well, something off topic, how to earn the regular badge? I think it’s pretty difficult and one can lose it too after earning it.

2 Likes