Intense Study for finals

my final exams are at the corner and i have to admit that my preparation is fucked.

for the next 17 days i will spend my every living second with my books. ( excluding sleep)

starting from now

9 Likes

Just a reminder to not be impulsive. Ensure that you focus on quality and not quantity

9 Likes

You will figure it out. You can do it. You have studied intensely all your life and when you felt like you can’t do it you still managed to pull through. You’ll do it this time too.

5 Likes

i wish i had that luxury to choose quality over quantity , but i dont, so i have to give it my all.

yeah, thanks for reminding me broo :open_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Oh gud luck brother even I have my exams going on but I can’t compromise with my sleep sometimes I’m sleeping 6 hrs while on other days I’m sleeping 10 to 11 how to I cope up with my sleep if anybody knows plz do suggest smtng

3 Likes

if sleep is not hampering your performance why change your sleep schedule?
but if this much of sleep is affecting your efficiency or if you think you can work more efficiently with less sleep then of course you need to compromise.

i personally dont think we need 10-11 hrs sleep to function properly. 8 hours is enough but then it may vary person to person

me being a med student, sleep is the last thing i can think about during exams. sometimes i sleep at 4. sometimes i even forget to sleep during exams. this is not a flex but its really hard to cope up with studies if you really want to pass

i get plenty of sleep after exams btw

4 Likes

That’s my prob na I’m asking how do I stop myself from sleeping :joy: :sleeping: .
For sure if I sleep less I can study better. I mean I can cover a lot more part of syllabus
Ohhh I see so many med students here…ok so gimme free advice.
Even after sleeping :sleeping: more I have eyes like :panda_face:.n one more tht u as a med student might have a lot of content to study can h suggest how to learn faster like idk why I have a habit of craming ratification I still learn things like :smiling_face_with_tear:school kids.n my sister being a neet aspirant mocks me for this.

4 Likes

:joy:

this will take time , it wont just happen in a day but you need to have a schedule for the next day before sleeping. it will be hard at the begining but when you continue sleeping and waking up in a fixed time , your body will adjust.
Our body has one of the best ability , that is to adapt to any kind of situation. its just the lack of mindset that make us seeing from what we are truly capable if.
example: 1. last year before coming to the med school i wouldve never thought of sleeping less than 8-10 hours but now its an easy task.
2. i could never study for a long stretch of time but now i can.

to be honest i suck at cramming things. and yes i have failed in subjects numerous times till now.
i will tell you what i follow, it might not be effective for you but

1. i always write the answers after learning the concepts

2. realize that consistency is the key . you need to study everyday even if you do not feel like it. you can take breaks if you feel burnt out

3. keep a bottle of water while studying

4. find someone as an accountabilty partner. i used to study with my female friend . we use pomodoro method to study together. studying together does help a lot.

5. during exams focus only on important topics/ like previous years questions of your school/ uni/ college***** this is very important

6. concepts over anything. try to be more conceptual and of course if you want to rattafication then write the answer couple of times . that works for me XD

7. dont give up even when you feel like you havent learnt anything and exams are at corner. i failed because of this reason, i used to give up very easily when i realize that i have forgotten everthing that i have learnt.

no need to feel bad for this. you can easily change in just a few months, need to be consistent!

long reply but hope it helps.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:I appreciate Gyan k liye shukriya I’ll try implementing kuch difference lga to aake btaungi …tata or exams k liye gud :crossed_fingers: luck

1 Like

Oversleeping can also lead to those, not just lack of sleep.
You need to sleep appropriately.

4 Likes

Day- 1
completed all the important topics from

1. blood physiology
  2. neuro muscular physiology.

will study 2 hour more then i will go to sleep.(practice clinical questions)

limitations are just in my mind. i dont need any entertaintment or long breaks during my studies.
right now my motto is just study-eat- sleep repeat. i have eliminated every possible distractions from my environment. all past and future thoughts does not exist for me. i have entered this phase many times before and i know it. once i enter this phase of clarity i can literally study for whatever amount of time. thats my power i guess … but it takes lots of efforts to enter into this state. normally i cant enter it unless exams are near like a month…
from last 1 week i feel like my brain has become sharper, perhaps, it maybe the adrenaline rush im having rn due to upcoming exams.

3 Likes

Day - 2
gave mock exams came back and started studying.
tomorrow i have another exam.
i am using my full potential for the finals, din raat ek kardi.

today i have completed: Abdomen and pelvis important parts
tonight will be a long night !

2 Likes

i am definately not smart as others in my class. but even then i have an unique ability to thrive very hard to get the most out of myself. i have seen my friends do well in exams without much effort. when i joined med school i couldnt accept myself when i saw that most of my friends were able to catch things so easily and here i had to put all my efforts in remembering something which i keep forgetting. i gave up , i faced lots of failures in just one year. i stopped trying when i saw lots of people doing better than me and i was rotting alone thinking someone might help to get through my depression.
what shit days those were i have to say. the moment i stopped looking around myself i felt instantly relieved. all i gotta do is work hard and leave the rest to God. when i say work hard i mean WORK REALLY HARD TILL YOU BREAK YOUR LIMITS. I understand that this is exactly how i was supposed to feel. i did not had to resist this feeling of inferiority rather just let it move through my head and let it pass.
i have decided that till the moment i die i will be working soo hard that i will forget about all negativity inside my head!

day 3
Studied all day
now i am going to study embryology

1 Like

anyone in :joy:
jokes apart today i gotta study till 3:00 Am
came back home to eat healthy (you know how hostel food tastes)
Day 4-
studying biochem-
completed immunoglobulins and haemoglobin metabolism and now im gonna study vitamins

1 Like

I regret seeing this post, I’m In. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m also on Day 4

1 Like

Does if F up your day btw? Because exams in India takes place mostly late morning to afternoon.

I still remember I used to stay awake somehow during afternoon in dec month last year so that I don’t feel asleep in actual exam which was in feb this year.

3 Likes

no no, i got accustomed to this in one year due to the countless exams assignments etc.
And i take power naps in afternoon. usually wake up by 8:30 Am but sometimes i can go as long as 11 am if i feel very tired.

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones:

cool man!! lets continue

1 Like

Already on it
Happy Birthday too :clap:t2::clap:t2::birthday:

2 Likes

thank you bro :blush::blue_heart:
happy to be here till now :pray:t2:

1 Like