How to meditate properly?

Whenever I try to meditate , My mind always stay distracted in otber things around me or thoughts.
How can I do it properly?

3 Likes

"Every act you were doing consciously and fully present in the moment is called as meditation. "

This is what I believe. Now if you ask other you may get some other version of it. You decide which is good for you. Coming to your question, there is nothing called properly or perfect untill you get satisfied and fully aware of yourself what you do.

6 Likes

Sit down quiety with your either feet over the other other, form a cup with your hands and put it cnear your stomach. Be relaxed, close your eyes and focus on your breathe. Also, use alarm to meditate so that you only open your eyes after the session without overr estimating your time. Begin with shorter sessions and increase them gradually with time. Don’t be hard on yourself if your mind runs away in different directions, grab it and force it back to concentrate on your breathe. Don’t think anything else. It’ll take time but you’ll get there. Noone becomes Michael Schumacker the day they start to learn driving.

6 Likes

That’s beautiful . I guess I have to start my work instead of keep finding on how to do it

3 Likes

I thought we focus on nothing during meditation. From now i will follow this. Thanks

3 Likes

@PrDr @AIIMSONIAN2K21 I am planning to develop an android application which can track all of the habits. so that I won’t be using any alarm or anything. Main purpose is to track any habit. I am looking for some ideas to make it work. :slight_smile:
For instance, rewire counter is the best way to show somone how long they are committed. If you get time please do so.that would help me.
@PaperBoat you explore and tell me what way working best for you. That will make my thoughts more clearer than before

3 Likes

@PaperBoat You understood slightly different than my idea.
Focus on something which will concentrate your mind. Not the other way around.
For instance, while eating using a mobile phone will divert your mind to something else. But while eating if you ever thought how much your mom put efforts in it. You need to aware of what your eating every single tiny things around you. that’s where you need to find out. and search “mindfulness” in internet that would help you while understanding better. Now explore yourself and apply which js best for you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First of all meditation Never meant to focus on having intense focus to avoid distractio.n
Stopping thought, distraction will disturb the equilibrium of your mind that’s totally opposite of what meditation means.

Don’t worry This trick will help
Imagine your forehead is entrance for thought. Consciously observe each thought, it will be like "oh I am observing my thoughts " after a sec or 2 “why its so cold here…” observe it then again u will feel like “yea I can feel on my skin” then you will probably say “hey I am observing thoughts” …

Then definitely after a minute of two you will be like waiting at entrance to welcome new thoughts
& Guess what no one will come :joy:

2 Likes

This looks amazing to do , Guess it will eventually stop me from having unusual thoughts

2 Likes

Thanks , I understand it now. I have to concentrate on what I am doing. Focussing completely on my work will stop me from thinking unwanted thoughts. The main purpose is that.

2 Likes

I would be able to make an android app if I had a decent pc. In august I was planning to learn android devlopment. But android studio was not working properly on laptop. So I left it and started learning web dev. I am getting good in it now. I will start learning android too later in this year.

2 Likes

Oh that sounds good. Keep going. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very good, guys. You are motivated me to start meditating😄. I never do it before.

3 Likes

Use an app called medito… Its free.

Also meditation is a skill… It comes by practice… Getting distracted is a stepping stone

3 Likes

Nice profile pic :laughing: dude.

1 Like

Lol… F to everything except self development @Dean_Ambrose :muscle:

1 Like

I Love this question.

I love this because I was struggling too much with this.

Until I Found

JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI… :pray:

I Don’t know any of you would even reach to his teachings or would understand even slight of his teachings.

But if you do understand .
Things will change within you like you will not be you anymore.

Something might interest you is I am on currently
Day 136 and I never had LEAKED 1 DROP of semen.

Just because of JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI :pray:

4 Likes

Just to answer ur question

I would say NO ONE can fight with his/her thoughts, One can be nothing only when there is total clarity.

Only when he/she understood “HOW THE HELL I WORKS” .

To understand this one must start to look at the thoughts and understand why this particular thought came within me and not to put energy on content of the thought.

Slowly by slowly there will be no question left and U will be nothing.

This might be slow process to attain NOTHING state but this process gonna teach you so much more in life.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice bro

2 Likes

Update:-
I meditated for 10 mins. I can say that these 10 mins were best of my day.
For some time , I completely forgot about my body. I was lost. I really loved doing it.
As @PrDr said , I focused on my breathe ,It really helped me a lot.
After that I did my workout(which is of only 5-6 mins) with full focus.
My path to recovery is open , I will acheive it.

3 Likes