Getting out of chaser effect

I had done very good in these year, but after 30 September, I am constantly relapsing. My highest streak was 28 days in these 3 months. It is became loop now like 10-15 days I relapse mostly in night. Need some suggestions, how to overcome this.

Hi.
Well strong will, but it can be difficult (I know it is), so maybe some blocking apps on phone/pc, meditation, working out, cold shower. Or do all of them :wink:.

3 Likes

When I had the chaser effect it was almost impossible for me to not relapse again and again so I understand your pain. Eventually it went away and I was able to start my counter again properly but only because my body was done with pmo, sort of like how you feel numb after o and are not interested in anything sexual anymore.

If you can stop yourself then all the better, but otherwise try stay positive that once you ride it out you will be ready to start the counter again.

2 Likes

@Karan050 bro don’t stop. I remember when I first joined I used to see such high streaks in your daily check in like 48-59 etc. days and that really motivated me.

Personally, I think there are two chaser mileposts-

1. 7 days. The more prominent one everyone talks about. Most relapses occur before this.
  2. 14 days. After 7 days, most of my relapses are on day 14.

Don’t overlook these two weeks (first two). They’re critical. The third week (day 21) is when nofap becomes a habit.

3 Likes

I know chaser effect is real. It makes us very low. Daily habits for nofab don’t works like they should. I don’t know how to handle it. Time will erase this effect. Next time be aware of it.

2 Likes

@debellator yes brother, I miss those days. I Used to make long streak. But bcz of worry,anxiety I didn’t follow my schedule properly in these 3 months. That’s the reason I fell many times in these 3 months. But I am not giving up. I will prepare new strategies for me and will apply as same gradually.

3 Likes