Extremely negative feelings

It’s more than a week i guess around day 11 or 12. I want to know from who experienced it. I am feeling extremely negative. Lonliness is coming to me. Low self esteem suddenly. I don’t usually feel this way. Having lot of self doubts. Is it normal to feel this way when trying to quit it? Has anyone else felt the same? I feel like it won’t go away. My whole life is shit. Has anyone else felt it ? Or is it unique to me?

6 Likes

Man, I was exactly at that same point a month ago. The same negative feeling, everything feels low. No energy to do anything. No social interaction with anyone no friends at all. And Failure in trying to conquer this addiction was making my life feel worthless. I can term it as bored, I was bored of living that life. Brother I know how it feels. But here’s what I did to overcome. I was worst than you, I even cried few times, all of a sudden for no reason just feeling of negativity.

2 Likes

I am definitely feeling like to do it. I am controlling myself to not do it. May be it will pass away. I got worried. Thanks for sharing this. I can feel the negativity in my bones.

3 Likes

Here’s what I did, first of all I don’t let my mind be free to think that shit for me. I decided to give a break to myself, I was so stressed about my exam and I faced quite low in my previous exam but I still have another chance for it but this board exam is for once. I was feeling pressure building inside my mind, my exam was just one month away and due to lockdown, I was becoming worse, I started to fap quite often, It was all messed up, Locked in a room, not locked but I didn’t wanna talk to anyone, not willing to study just surfing youtube lying on my bed, sometimes pretend to study while watching Productivity tips and Study vlogs that would give me some feeling of doing something productive, I didn’t talked to any of my friends for so long, I find everyone quite boring, and sometimes just lie down on my bed facing the ceiling thinking negative things, all I have left is to study and I am not able to do it, what I will do in future. Things like that rush through my mind,

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention what I did to overcome it, I gave myself a break, My exam is just in one month, but I wanted to overcome this negative feeling, I gave up studying for a week, I started to do things which makes me happy, I started watching anime and modern family, recommended by one of my friend here. I watched it in my tv, I made my mind believe that exams are over there is nothing you need to worry about. I just have to chill. Soon, things started to fall in place, I started to feel good, I talk to my parents my family members. And some of my friends even call me now. We now even play online games. Everything fall into place, I was happy and my mindset was healthy now within 4 days, I finished watching attack on titans once again. And then started one punch man, I started to see that change inside me that I enjoy things around me now, now I don’t seem to be a boring person. Then when it comes to facing the reality after few days, I started studying slowly and just one two hours and from then things are going quite well. I still watch some episodes of modern family and animes.
I just wanna enjoy the process. I wanna be Happy while doing the things which are important and Necessary.
I hope it helps brother. Good Luck brother :clinking_glasses: :fire:

Thanks man for sharing this. Although i did watch movies/series to remove it but it doesn’t seem to be working for me. I have to find other ways. I have lot of pending tasks if i don’t do that then i have to face penalty for it. I have to somehow make my brain functional… Glad to know others have been through this experience.

2 Likes

Best of Luck with it brother, I hope this phase will pass soon. :clinking_glasses: :sunglasses:
You will come out better and even more stronger, Nobody but only you can help yourself out. You can only learn from other’s experience but at last the only question is does it work for you or not.
Do share it with me, when you find something pretty useful.
See Ya Good Night :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :zzz: :sleeping:

1 Like

Sure bro good night. By the way I did watch Attack on Titans. I really liked the series but didn’t like the way they end it.

1 Like

It’s still going on brother Season 4 part-1 has been released. But Part 2 will come in winters. If you have read manga and you are referring to that ending. I didn’t understand that ending to be honest. I never read manga just wanted to know how it ends. But I guess I will wait until it gets Animated.

Yes i have read the manga. Didn’t want to wait for whole year to know the ending. It’s good then your anime experience would be better. I had the intuition of the ending from the anime the way they were changing the main protagonist character.

1 Like

I started to watch attack on titans when I watched levi vs beast titan on youtube, I watched aot for Caption levi. :sweat_smile: :clinking_glasses: He is the humanity’s strongest soldier. But overall it was amazing till where I have watched, I never thought anyone of the main charecter It focused on every charecter.It has changed in season 4 though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Levi character is really cool in the anime. I meant about the Eren Yeager as a Main protagonist. Yes good point they have focused on all. But EY was kind of Jon Snow of game of thrones.

The justification they gave for the EY to do such act in the end wasn’t acceptable.

1 Like

Man let’s not talk about attack of titans on this thread anymore otherwise i won’t get answers for my actual question. We can discuss about it later on another thread.

1 Like

Sorry for it bro…got carried away :sweat_smile: I have to charge my phone. See you tomorrow. We can discuss this someday.
Good Night :fire::handshake:
Stay Strong Buddy :clinking_glasses::muscle:

1 Like

No it was nice talking to about it. I initiated. Thanks for your answer. Sure i will discuss it since you often refer about it on your replies.

1 Like

Bro, @anon65589122 , this flatline or the withdrawals of pmo addiction. It usually occurs with greater strength in people who are a little deeper into this addiction. I have experienced all these emotions that you just mentioned; I’ve went through even worse. I had constant suicidal thoughts; negative thoughts were hitting me like sea waves, I couldn’t wake up from bed, I was crying and crying and crying. Even when talking with parents I’ll look at them blankly for a minute then will leave the room to cry. When I reached 10+ days withdrawals were stronger for me’ then it got subsided by 20+, 30+ days. For some people it lasts for weeks and months.
All you must do is keep going; never go back to pmo
Keep the faith; we’ve all been through it and even worse. This means that rewiring is happening in your brain. I had such severe flatline when I had ED and when I escalated to very severe p*** genres. ED + severe genres etc means that big changes have taken place in the brain; so radical rewiring needs to happens. The desentised brain will close the dopamine receptors bro; so when we stop pmo the we won’t be able to find happiness in small things of life just like an alchohol or a heroine addict. Your brain needs to re-open the dopaimine receptors again; it’ll take a little time. Stay patient and keep going. We are all here for you man

3 Likes

Some techniques I used to get out of flatline quickly.

Your flatline won’t be this severe. As I said; people with ED etc will have this kind of sever shit.

1 Like

It happens to me most of the time.

1 Like

Hey @anon65589122 sorry to read about your current situation. I’d say no it’s not unique to you and it’s not related to PMO either.

Look at it this way: in the past, whenever you felt bad, you probably PMOed, just like I did. The thing is, PMOing only numbed the feelings (at best) but in most cases just made it worse. It’s important that you understand that quitting PMO is not suddenly making you feel worse. That thinking comes from the illusion that PMOing made you feel good in the first place. That’s not true.

What you are experiencing are emotions that are, simply put, part of life. Life is full of ups and downs, there’s always something to learn. This has nothing to do with PMO, essentially. So work on yourself, turn to religion and/or philosophy depending on what you belief and look at things from a distance.

You’ve escaped PMO, what is there to worry about? Live life, take things as is and do your best.

Take care.

2 Likes

Thanks bro. Really helpful posts. Yes it’s less severe for me. Yeah I guess you are right I am not providing the usual dopamine to the brain so it’s showing the effect.