✈ Defence Squadron (challenge)

Bro @Keats For example you rolled a dice :game_die: for deciding bombers on East Burghlow and 4 shows up on it that means 4 bombers will be deployed to attack and the raid will continue for 12 days … So if all fighters of East Burghlow didn’t relapsed for 12 days so that means we have destroyed the 4 bombers successfully … Am I right??

1 Like

Daily check in going great

1 Like

Hey @Dean_Ambrose, I didn’t want to clutter and confuse the initial post with an over complicated explanation of how things will work, but since you’ve asked, here you go.

(For those NOT interested in the minutiae of everything, just know any numbers I list in this challenge come from a roll of the dice.)

Detailed Explaination

You will notice there are THREE MAIN SECTORS, each sector has two Districts, each District has four fighters (two from each Squadron) defending it.

On day one of this challenge the first wave of bombers will attack Sector One. Each wave will only take three days to defeat (so not three days per pilot, but three days total). If all the fighters defending their districts in Sector One do not relapse during those days, all the bombers will be destroyed.

On day two a wave of bombers will attack Sector Two, on day three, Sector Three, on day four, Sector One again, etc…

So you see for the fighters there is no downtime in between the waves because by the fourth day there will be another attack.

The Wave

Here is how I determine the actual number of bombers attacking your district:

1. I roll a pair of dice for each fighter defending that district, the number I roll will be how many bombers that fighter will destroy if he does not relapse.

2. I then add all those numbers together and the total will make up the amount of bombers attacking your district.

Every day I will announce the sector being attacked and the total number of bombers heading to each of its districts. You will only learn the totals at that point. Once the three days are up you will learn how many bombers each specific fighter destroyed.

Relapse

The best way to explain this one is an example:

Say, Bob and Bing are from Squadron 1
Laurel and Hardy are from Squadron 2

Together they are defending one district.

I have rolled a pair of dice for each of them. Bob
got 7, Bing got 3, Laurel got 12, and Hardy got 2.

So there is a total of 24 bombers heading to their district (this is the number that will be announced) Bing, Laurel and Hardy do their country proud and take down each bomber, but Bob relapses.

Since, Bing is his wingman (yes, that used to actually apply to flying) he is the only fighter left who is close enough to finish the job.

I announce the tragic news about Bob and let Bing know that for the next three days his mission will be to take down those bombers (Bob will spend that time recovering. One more relapse, including during his recovery, and he will be out of the challenge)

I then roll two dice again for Bing, and get 5.

This means that after the three days, if he does not relapse, he will take down five of the bombers, but two will still drop their bombs on his district (this is not his fault, he did all he could, but it is the way of war sometimes).

Because of Bing’s bravery, only two bombers got through, which means only 1 dice will be rolled to determine the amount of casualty.

If more than six bombers got through, 2 dice would be rolled…and the damage could be catastrophic.

The Bombers (no laughing matter)

Each bomber drops enough explosives to create 10,000 casualties, so even a single bomber getting through can create mass damage.

20210701_132743

As long as one wingman survives no more than ten bombers (and hopefully less or none) could get through to a district. If both fighters from the same squadron in a district were to relapse, however, there would be no resistance and (hypothetically) twelve bombers could get through

…you see how this could be the end of any of the districts.

Final point: in any scenario where bombers get through the casualty number will be the responsibility of the fighter who relapsed.

So in the above case of Bob and Bing, even though two bombers got through on Bing, he did his best and was not the one who relapsed so the casualties created as a result are Bob’s responsibility.

I roll the 1 dice signifying the two bombers and get 3:

Whew… If you got to the end of this I’m pretty sure you’re not interested in this challenge anymore, haha. Unfortunate, that was as clear as I could explain it. Hopefully it’s not too confusing.

(Also, don’t worry, I have an app for rolling the dice…I won’t be sitting on a park bench with literal dice scribbling results on a napkin like a crazy person :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

i had this exact doubt !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Haha, yes. This is essentially a board game, except since we’re not all together I have to roll the dice for everyone :grin:

4 Likes

Ok thnxs for explaining

1 Like

@just_normal_man @RaZat @WalKir @TheBigSP

Gentlemen,

Fighter Command would like to know in earnest if you affirm these rules of engagement:

Please reply to your name in this roll call with, “Here!”

No response by tomorrow 0800 and you may be removed from the list!

1 Like

@WalKir here

Sjdjdjjfjdsnsbxh

1 Like

Here!!!

1 Like

I wish to take part in this challenge
My sharing code:dmjybm
@derinissac here

Yes bro I would also be in reserve. @Keats Add me too
My sharing code:dmjybm

1 Like

@Amigo added you, sir.

1 Like

Add me too
Sharing Code: v7tlec
Sorry for being late

1 Like

That’s great, bro. When we start?

2 Likes

gotta include @keepFighting too…
he’s also creative… ive seen his thoughts in ur 12 days LOTR challenge @keats

2 Likes

Still waiting on recruits @just_normal_man and @RaZat to respond to roll call. If they don’t respond by 0800 tomorrow morning (ist) would Reserve members @ADI1221 or @anon65589122 be prepared to fill their positions in Squadron 1?

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.
I’m trying to get that Lord of the Rings challenge going, but I’ve been a little preoccupied lately.

However, until I make time for that, I would be honored to join the reserves. Or, if there are enough for another squadron ill gladly take a place there.

Thanks @ysub and @Keats .

HERE!

4 Likes

If its not too late add me too please
My code - 1dm46a

1 Like

Someone should open a challenge based on Navy also :joy::joy:. As we have challenges based on Army and Airforce :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yesssssss plsssssssss!!! We want Navy representation!

#justicefornavy

6 Likes