Dan parting with addictions (Dan's Diary) [M 20]

Hello there ._./
Name’s Dan. Believe it or not, this is my first time ever being on any kind of forum. In this topic, I will try to check in daily, talking about whatever, trying to get through the forbidden barrier of 31 days which I never managed to go through under normal circumstances. By abnormal circumstances I mean multiple streaks where due to a factor that I cannot replicate, such as moving into a new city, I was able to reach high streaks such as a 162 days back in 2021.
I was never able to journal for long. It’s similar to many daily habits I tried to implement - only certain things stick. I have good hopes for this next streak. I recently learned to “Serf” urges and thoughts in general, but it feels mana-dependent, I can only keep it up for so long and sometimes it’s too short. If I watch P or edge my ability to keep a cool head decreases drammatically, so I have to move away from P entirely.

Rewire companion is also a 3rd nofap app, which I used while I was a passive member of the community.

About me:
An ackwardly social, slightly excentric guy with a lot of hobbies, who’s been trying to quit for the last 6 years and found out about the NoFap community about three years ago. English is a second language. Impulsive from nature, was taught to keep face from childhood. Enjoy sport very much. Especially running. A writer for myself and an artist. Never really shared much of my drawings or writings, despite how much I personally love them.

Confession:
I hate confessions.
I hate to talk about myself with a burning passion, it’s the only thing I can cringe about, but I’ve just read a confession from another person, who’s not much better, which inspired me to try.
PMO is like a secret life of mine. A really socially innapropriate secret life with no real benefits on it’s own. That unlike significantly more appropriate alcoholism and smoking, which I was able to avoid entirely. This fact and my family’s support is probably the only few things that keep me sane. Two months ago a relative of mine, a phychologist, agreed to consult me, but I never really told her about what and how much I watch. And I watch a lot. Every session I watch about 3 hours on average, up to 8, when I’m on holidays. All kinds of stuff, but mostly drawn stuff, the forbidden fruit. Not always, but sometimes non-consentual stuff, underage-looking girls and s@men-fetish. In time, morals deteriorate in this enviroment, and while I concider this completely inapropriate and entirely disadvantagious, my concience does not say anything. It does however remind of itself on third day of the streak, when I feel extremely guilty for how I still can’t keep my promises to quit. Paradoxically, I feel genuinly intrested in the development of tags and authors. My two last major relapses were caused by continued intrest in one of the authors, who posts weekly. It’s like a favorite regular journal, but instead of newsflash you get a kick in the head. And you like it. I also have a history of using unconventional methods of trying to maximize pleasure when fapping. Thinking about this shit with a clear head is trauma indusing. Another problematic thing is that I never managed to close myself off of P. Blockers, deleting apps, screentime limiting, and everything. It might take a dozen hours to get to it, but I still manage. Even if I remove electronics entirely, once I don’t have anything to do, I’ll just start having urges fantasizing about my own body (it is as bad as it sounds) and then (best case scenario) I’d draw a kick-■■■ straight h@ntai manga on a few A4 pages.

I cannot get myself distracted from urges and focus on my hobbies. The only way to distract myself is working a mentally demanding job 16 hours/day 7 days/week. As such I have to actively serf urges and any other cravings (Like Youtube) every single time they arise over multiple weeks. Kept it up between 1st and 13th of Febrary this year. Watched on 13th. Tried to get back up without MO. Chased. Felt incredibly lonely and jealous of many guys around me having girlfriends. Relapsed today.

Current Tasks are now as stated:
1)Pull mindset back up and break through the first two barriers, 3-4th day and 7-8th day urges. They are mostly biological urges.
2)Survive endurance run that is 9 to 16 days, with the end of the second week being really challenging. This barrier is mostly psychological, as at this point, I don’t register any benefits yet, but already start forgeting about disadvantages. This is also about the time when the “Surge” ends for me and I become much less energetic, despite gradual increase in self confidence. I don’t think I ever had problems with self confidence.
3)Get to 31.
4)Do not think that you’re out of the waters when you do.

A lot of words but whatever. I wrote as long as I felt it. It might prove useful in keeping discipline up.
Also, to make checking in more enjoyable for me, I’ll be putting a random fact or idea of the day into every post.

Idea of the day: (1)
Chinese characters despite being notoriously difficult, even when simplified, will probably never be changed into something easier. This is due to three factors:

1. The structure of chinese syllables is such that even despite addition of tones speech would still be very difficult to write down phonetically. There just isn’t enough sounds and syllable structure is too strict to be able to express all the information they need to the reader.
  2. In China there’s a lot of dialects, speakers of which can’t understand each other, but they all use the same characters and as such can communicate.
  3. Culture connected to it.
6 Likes

Also… Ahem.
Devil lies within the confines of one's cranium. To starve him is to fast the soul.

5 Likes

Day 1 completed.
Feel very energetic, confident, positive and sort of masculine. It happens after you relapse from a good streak, if you aren’t actively putting yourself down. it will subside. Demo of the life after before the struggle begins.
One thing I know is that once you relapse, it’s a good idea to workout. This way you’ll be less likely to relapse immediatly and will get a better streak afterwards. Had given myself a challenge today: to do 50 pull-ups. Failed, only did 30. It’s been years since I did more than 10 consequtive pull-ups, but I gotta change that.

Fact of the day: (2)
The darkest material in the world is Vantablack, a tipe of coating that can absorb 99.965% of visible light. When applied it gives off an appearance of a two-dimentional black void. And that’s hella cool.

3 Likes

Relapsed. Sleeping in is a b1tch.
This will be the daily check-in.

Fact of the day: (3)
University of Oxford is believed to be older than Aztec Empire. 1096 and 1325 respectively.

1 Like

Relapsed once more yesterday’s evening, shortly after the previous one. Today, despite a fair share of urges I manage to not relapse. Feel like shit tho, physically. I ate some melatonin in the evening and it helped a bit with urges, by slowing my overexcited brain down.
Helps me sleep in general, because I suffer from insomnia from time to time, which is only made worse by jerking of.

Day 1 is done, kinda.

Fact of the day: (4)

The longest land border of France is (surprisingly) with Brazil.

2 Likes

What did you do differently today?

1 Like

I didn’t have anything to do and was stuck in YouTube, so mostly I just evaded it. That is, once I felt the urges were really acting up, I’d go do something away from my phone, like go to the gym, or go cook. That’s a nice little strategy but that day I didn’t do anything useful in the long term, including studies, which is a problem right about now. For the last 6 hours of the day I just hid the phone and did stuff on notebook.
I mostly watch PMO on my phone, so I don’t get much urges when working on my notebook.

2 Likes

Remember what you did that worked. You can always evade it. If you can evade it for one day, 31 more and that’s a new record.

3 Likes

Caught cold. Beside that felt extrimely angry and agitated in the second part of the day. Just boiling over. 2 days are done.

Fact of the day: (5)
President of France is also technically an elected monarch, co-ruling the Princiipality of Andorra, a small country located between France and Spain.

2 Likes

Alright. 3 days almost complete. Feel a fair bit better today, even though I’m still sick. My head is a bit clearer and I once again started to feel somewhat content. Last two days it seemed like there wasn’t anything I can do to feel okay, now it seemes a bit more optimistic. Didn’t do much because I need to get better ASAP, so no sport. I was just laying, scrolling YouTube. Felt some urges. If I could sound them out it would be something like, - “That’s the most natural for you to go jerk off today.”. Ignored it. It was easy now with how I still feel bad from latest relapse streak and am drained. But idk. I don’t want to listen to my mind telling me that crap. It got worse fairly resently. I used to not think of girls sexually at all. Which, while problematic in a relationship, meant that I didn’t have urges when having one in sight. I suppose, it’s a fair bit more natural than having my brain fire up to a random drawing on some preview. Still crap. I’ll try to work on that in the future.

Life in a city here is real fast and that makes me feel like I’m moving really slowly. Really shouldn’t forget how 31 days is only a 12th part of a year. I’m not going to lose much education-wise even I move to the forest for that period to do Nofap. On the other hand, relapsing will move this further away. That’s for the time when my brain inevitably tells me that I feel shit, tomorrow’s a big day. you’ll be better off if you relapse guickly or look at some P@rn and ride the wave of dopamin. Practise shows, I perform significantly worse in majority of such cases.
I just feel stupid and fail this kinda rhetorics check most times before I relapse.
Also, an intresting titbit: when two years ago I got to about 40-50 days, my new roommate started questioning me if I did drugs. I seemed too calm and collected to him. I can’t imagine it now. I just need to remember that things will make much more sense and be significantly more entertaining when I get to that point. That’s for the time I get bored on everything later on. Flatline, I believe it’s called.

Lot of chatter. Whatever.

Fact of the day: (6)
It’s been only 6 days since I started this topic. My memory is a strange construction, that remembers words in a foreign language, but can’t recall what I ate yesterday. So it feels like ages. Thankfully it’s not an early-onset alzheimers, I just didn’t train it recently. Early-onset alzheimers starts in 30s up to the 60s and accounts for 5-10% of all cases of this desease, which in itself accounts for 60-70% of all cases of dementia (Demetia is like an umbrella term stuff). I studied it for a course I participated, so I’ve got a few more facts on this topic.

2 Likes

Hm-m. Maybe I’ll make up a weekly quote. That’s an idea of all time. Not going through with it yet. Still, I don’t find comfort in loud words, but can’t live in a whisper either.
This Week’s quote, then, is by a well-known Christian:
“For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall.”

2 Likes

Today I had classes from 7 till 5. Had a few urges but week. Today I feel very outgoing and calm, despite sickness. My balls also hurt. That’s a good sigh, I guess. It’s not like it’s that painful.

Fact of the day:(7)
It takes around 3 minutes for light from Mars to reach Earth.

3 Likes

5 days have passed since the last relapse.
I’m thinking it doesn’t worth much without me working enough or doing anything long-term. At least something is ought to be done.
I’m feeling very calm, despite being really sick. Balls don’t hurt as much. No urges. Not much drive either.
Will have more active work tomorrow, kinda pushing myself. Should I go showel snow for a charity event I joined? While really sick? Probably.
Should wake up 8 am sharp tomorrow. Oversleeping is dangerous for my streak.

Fact of the day. (8)
It may or may not be well known, but aparently our eyes have a separate immune - ocular immune system. Like a special separate brigate used for defence of a highly important area.

2 Likes

Day 6 is completed. :heavy_check_mark:

Didn’t have any urges, but I worked hard the entire day, so it’s understandable. Feeling beat.

Fact of the day: (9)
One day on Pluto is 153.6 Earth hours. Imagine counting NoFap streak in Pluto days.

2 Likes

Having some real serious urges rn because it’s a rest day after a lot of work and I feel tired as hell. That on top of feeling sad for the last two days and sick for 6. Not a good place to be, but I’ll be pushing through. Probably will spend the rest of the day cooking and playing video games. Everything hurts.

2 Likes

Take care of yourself Dan. If you need to rest today, rest up and take some healthy time out, relaxed positive activities.

3 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate it. Missed this message. I should really start logging into the forum more often.

2 Likes

Relapsed. Fought it until the end. Pain combined with urges made it difficult to concentrate on anything, even some great games I’ve downloaded recently. Didn’t watch P for long this time. That’s better, I think.

It appears I have an infection, possibly kidney or urethral. Had that kinda thing diagnosed a few times, know how to see it and deal with it. But it’s hella painful and gives constant discomfort. I believe it’s also connected to PMO, but never found a sound proof.

Sickness really paves a way for relapsing, with how PMO gives an immediate relief. I’m not even that mad at myself.

Order of business now is to go through the next few days and avoid “Chaser effect” (I think it’s called). If I can do that, it will be a significant progress.

I also keep records on how long and how often I relapse. It keep me aware of how it’s rarely about number on days in one streak. I should strive to push every relapse further and embrace this as a lifestyle.

Fact of the day: (10)
Back in Silurian Period (~400 million years ago) the tallest land based organism was called Prototaxide, which was an ominous-looking 8 meters (24 feet) tall spire-like black fungus. It towered over any of the existing plants, which weren’t even 3 meters tall at this point.

1 Like

Relapsed again. Mad. Now I really am.

Noting the cause. Over the past few days YouTube was a major source of urges. I should cut down on it, considering I spend 4-5 hours there on average.

I really don’t want to lose hope and wait for the next chance.

Idea of the day: (11)
Didn’t factcheck this one, but some sources claim a chicken to be a closest relative of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

1 Like

I am a mess, I’m hella lonely and I talk and daydream too much. That has become a habit due to my addiction.

I have constitution to always stand back up, but I’m too much of a mess to keep going. Goddammit. Control leads to control. I must suffer through difficult things to get control over myself, and I’m ought to ramp it up once I get comfortable.

I’ll post about my activities throughout the day. PMO is a team player. Need to cripple it’s friends.

Sunrise, Parabellum.

2 Likes