CoffeeMan's Diary

Reporting Day 13 :dragon_face:

2 Likes

Day - 14 check-in :white_check_mark: (Gum behisaab the)

3 Likes

Day - 15 :white_check_mark: Reporting Time

4 Likes

@Purity11
You won bro. I relapsed.

2 Likes

You both did great :clap::clap:
How far did you go this time? @CoffeeMan
@Purity11 How about another challenge?

2 Likes

I was on a 20 day streak. Had completed 15 days in the challenge with @Purity11

I’m incredibly disappointed in myself and feel very low but let’s do it. We can report in the Challenge a companion thread. Lay out the rules.

2 Likes

Actually I’m gonna put that idea on hold bro. I need to introspect for some time now.

5 Likes

Well, i like to know…
what is your highest streak?

2 Likes

Take your time @CoffeeMan

2 Likes

Aye man, it’s fine…I wanna reach 400, come beat me in that💢

2 Likes

Ok so what day is it?

1 Like

4th relapse since my last decent streak ended. I know I’m ruining my life and I don’t seem to care. There’s nothing anyone can say or do right now that’s gonna change the way I feel.

I know what to do. But I don’t trust myself to do it. My self-esteem is destroyed. I feel like an imposter. I boast about the things I’m gonna achieve knowing that I will never achieve them because I will never put in the effort it takes. I’m angry because of my failure just now and I feel like I’m gonna overcome any obstacle in my way. But I know this feeling too will pass and I will return to being the same old guy. All this writing is futile.

In a few days I’ll start having urges again. They will start in the form of some innocent romantic thoughts and quickly morph into the most obscene imagery. I won’t fight back because I’ve tried several times only to relapse over and over again. This vicious cycle will continue for several days until one day I would be utterly exhausted and think to myself that enough is enough. This will be followed by a decent streak and then I’ll relapse again. And the cycle continues.

6 Likes

No! no!
This is not good. I know you will do something about this but don’t loose hope that’s what that devil want. And yeah the romantic thoughts and that imagery, the devil is trying this tricks on me too…

As you also know, this work cannot be done half-heartedly and why don’t you tell yourself right now that enough is enough? You already started thinking about relapse!

6 Likes

I’ve been trying for more than a decade man. I feel frustrated but I will not give up. Even if it means trying till the end. I’m just ashamed of saying it out loud. Because I feel my words are empty. Anyways, thanks for caring man. I hope we all win.

7 Likes

I’ve been there in not trusting myself. There’s one thing you’re right about though and it’s:

The only person that can change that is you. Other people can’t make you succeed at this.

The only thing that’s worked for me is just to give everything to God and just give him my time. We’re all weak, but through our weakness His power is made perfect. 2 Corinthians 12:9.

I have a question. Do you prefer where you are at right now? Or do you prefer being walking towards freedom in it?

Last thing I’ll say is this, you don’t have to make any claims of this streak being the one or that you’re finally going to beat it. Those statements don’t really help, at least, I’ve personally found that out from doing that many times. Just because you’ve relapses doesn’t mean you start from scratch or square one. You’ve gained experience through success you’ve had in the past.

Edit: Accidently sent before I was done.

Use that wisdom and experience. You probably know what you’re weak too. Use that to do 1 small step. Praying for you.

7 Likes

I have considered looking to God for strength. But I have had a very turbulent relationship with God. And my doubts would prevent me from being a good follower.

That is so true. I’ll keep that in mind.

Thank you brother. So am I.

6 Likes

I don’t know your history obviously, but I believe it’s okay to have doubts. When I do, and I definitely have had doubts and worries and I’ve been not sure, I try share those with Him.

I’m not here to convince you of God or that you need to do it how it’s worked for me though. I’ve just found all the advice and help and encouragement I can give to anyone is all a gift from Him. So I can’t take credit for that.

You said you’ve been dealing with this for over a decade, I have too. I’m 31, not sure exactly the age I started but it’s been at least 15 years probably maybe a little bit more than that, so I get it. It’s a challenging road to walk when you’ve stepped up to the challenge countless times and then fail. It’s very easy to see all of this ‘evidence’ of “I’m not a man of my word, everytime I’ve done this I’ve failed sooner or later. I can’t even believe myself when I say I don’t want to do this anymore.”

People might think I’m crazy for this, but I don’t care. :joy:
About 2 or 3 months ago I had a setback and after that setback I was praying. All of a sudden I felt like He was telling me that He has something He wants to give me in 6 months. 6 months of purity. I’ve had a couple of setbacks since then and I’m only 22 days in. The tone/impression I felt of that was one of belief. I felt He actually believed I could do it. Even when I didn’t. Just that tone/belief I felt had basically has changed everything for me.

I still don’t believe that I’m personally capable. The only thing that makes me capable is all of what I’ve learned and received from Him. I’m not even trying to do this to make it to 6 months or what he has for me, (even though I am excited for those things,) It’s almost like, there a part of me where if He says I can do it. It’s done. I can’t make Him a liar. He only speaks truth.

Anyway, I’ll stop talking now lol. I just wanna see people free. I think part of that is to not beat yourself up. The thoughts people think about themselves and the words they say about themselves have power. If someone thinks or says about themselves, “I’m not getting out of this.” then they’re not going to. It’s better to say nothing about yourself then to speak and think negativity.

9 Likes

SAITAMA HAS NO LIMITS, Man I’m so proud of you fighting this thing for 10 years, I’m sure there will come a time when you’d look back and think about the sacrifices you made, YOU’LL SMILE WITH TRUE JOY :blush:

Keep going :muscle:

8 Likes

Why are people like you not in my life :sob: reading your comment felt like a brother in God advising me, God bless you :heart:

8 Likes

I glad it was an encouragement to you.

4 Likes