Christian Discussion/Debate

There is no proof of god. It is just acceptable :wink:
I think the world somehow started and we don’t know how. The scientific explanation is a big bag. The religious is god created it out of nothing. I personally thing that god started an event which scientists want to call big bang.

To the why, i think there are many good explanations. one could be that god, as a natural force, just inevitably had to create something. Another is out of love, another out of boredome.
I don’t like the boredom theory. An almighty, all-knowing being sees the beauty in the present moment independent of its surrounding. Thus, will never feel bored.

With the other two it depends on your image of god. If you think he is similat to us (has feelings and so) than out of love could be a reason. Supported by the passage that he created menkind according to his example. Thus, he could have feelings

I personally don’t like to think of god as a person with feelings and needs. For me god simply is.
Comparing to us who breath. The air could ask why there is a breath if there is a human. And it could come to the conclusion that simply, if there is a human there is breath. Air doesn’t understand the needs of a human. Similar it could be with us. We don’t understand god. We don’t know what he feels or wants. We are so different that we will never guess the reason why he created a world
That’s why i say, if there is god, there is a world

3 Likes

At work at the moment, so I’ll post a longer reply later, but as far as who created God. There must be an uncaused cause. Regardless of creation or evolution, an uncaused cause is an absolute. Evolution says it is dust and slime exploding, Christians say it is God.

3 Likes

Exactly. At somepoint there just was something we don’t understand or can’t fathom

1 Like

I’m a kjv man myself. Only done limited study on which translation is best, but from what I’ve seen kjv is the closest to the originals. I think of it like a love letter, so getting the absolute closest to what is being said is important. Another illustration, it’s kinda like that tv commercial where people are talking with bad phone signal and only part of the message gets through.

1 Like

God has no needs, there is no need for us to exist, for you or for me. We exist because God wants you here. God wants you, not out of necessity, but because He loves you. Not loved, but He currently loves you, He always loved you, and will always love you. God, who has the power to create planets, wanted a you.

1 Like

Im an athiest :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Why? If you don’t mind my asking.

1 Like

To be honest. Im just lazy I guess. Devotion takes alot of heart and energy. I respect people who have faith in god

But, I do have a problem with people using religion for propoganda and false claims. So yea.

3 Likes

The same need humans have to create offspring even if we know we’re bringing them into a world that will cause pain. We (He) want children. Children we can raise and attempt to grow up in our image (if we think of ourselves as good people and want our children to be like us). Remember that we were created in the image of God. Not physically, God doesn’t have a physical body, but spiritually. If you’re wondering why God would do something, ask why a decent human would do a similar thing. You’ll get a decent answer most of the time (but of course not allways, because we aren’t a replication of his spirit, only an image)

I agree that using your religion for your own means is a sin in any religion and shouldn’t be taken seriously or tolerated.

Anyway, while you’re here, would you mind discussing religion a bit more. (I don’t get to chat civilly with many atheists before being accused of being a nazi so it’s nice to chat with a friendly one whenever I can)

My mum is a believer too. I believe that it takes heart to believe in something. I respect everyone who have faith. But i have no time for fake people who spoil name of religion. You get what im trying to say right?

1 Like

I understand what you mean, but that seems like even more of a reason to do the opposite and believe in that despite the wrongs of the world. Saying you respect those who have faith and don’t like those who abuse the name of faith would give you cause to have that faith yourself.
Just curious, do you have any problems with certain beliefs in Christianity or even other religions?

I don’t believe in any faith in general. Im a hindu. And me not believing is just my problem. I have better things to worry I guess. Like global warming, not having money for weekends etc

1 Like

Oh ok. Well I guess if it can’t be your main focus in life you shouldn’t go for it at all, cause then you’ll just end up suffering in both life’s so I understand that sentiment.
Although now I am curious. Did you put global warming first because you think that’s a bigger problem than not having money for the weekends or was that an arbitrary order?

Im more of a what you call a practical person. Everyone believes in diff things. For me cutting trees is a sin. But for others it’s necessary for development. Same goes with faith. And I don’t have problem with that. And i just quoted random things in my mind. But global warming is actually greater threst

1 Like

I do have faith man. I have faith in me. My folks.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you for your time.

If you have six minutes I would recommend this. Peterson is a man I respect even though he is also an atheist and I trust his opinion on why economic sustainability should be put higher than global warming for the time being.

2 Likes

I just wish people were more kind man. I know everything in this world has bad and good. But humans are nasty. Thats what pains mr

3 Likes

Economy and environment go hand in hand. So sustainable is the future. Or else sayonara earth

2 Likes

I am very much not a vegetarian (or vegan)

1 Like