"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

Aoshigreen I want to thank you… You are doing very great job for us… I want to know about you… Where are you from?

3 Likes

Thank you @Swapnil
I’m from UK :uk: 36 single male, Catholic for the past 7 years.
I’ve begun to seriously address this sin over the past 6 years or so, really wanting to end it…
So, from about 16 until 30 years old, I never really wanted to stop my s-xual imagination.

1 Like

Well I gave in overnight (about 5 hours ago). I edged until I was straight up searching for things to lust and masturbate after and did that until I came. I havent felt any of the anxiety I have been feeling when I’ve relapsed, but I did go for a run about 3 hours ago. I rarely exercise so the run was short, but it tired me out a bit. I plan to run every morning from this point forward. Anyhow, I honestly hope to be on this app less and in Prayer and The Word of God more. I really miss having an open an right relationship with Christ.

3 Likes

Fell asleep while trying to write my post last night. Checking in day one, one day sober.

2 Likes

Very glad to be with You and My fellow brothers… Toghther We are Strength…

3 Likes

Hi guys, checking in for the first time. Seems like an awesome and motivating concept. Looking forward to all your stories.

5 days ago I downloaded this app and since I have not relapsed. I have been struggling with quitting PMO for more than 3 years, however only the past couple of months I have been way more serious about this. My longest streak is 23 days.

I feel now stronger than ever and I’m certain I will beat my streak this time.13-12-18 marks the last time.:crossed_swords:

My code: a42lzy

3 Likes

Hello guys… Check in day 3…
Let’s have a strong will to conquer this day

2 Likes

@have_a_nice_day Glad to have another amigo!
Greetings to the community and to this group.

1 Like

Checking in - Tuesday
Current Streak - 36 days
Asking god enough strength to let go of the things i can’t change…may be he gives enough wisdom to surrender and move on.!!

1 Like

Chicken wednesday :rooster::rooster::rooster::chicken::chicken::chicken:

2 Likes

Shit. Need to reset tomorrow. :disappointed:

@Forodwaith
Dont be sad, I was sad just like u 2 days ago when I relapsed but I realized wait a minute I have maybe 50 years left to live? Isnt that worth trying again and again and again, make the rest of your life the best :relieved::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Check-in Tuesday

It can take about an hour to walk the church where I pray on Tuesday mornings, but sometimes I can do it in 30 mins.

I’d like to receive that diligence of the will!

In the Lord I’ll be ever thankful, In the Lord my heart will rejoice, look to God do not be afraid, lift up your voices the Lord is near, lift up your voices the Lord is near

1 Like

When people say; “I feel sad, I feel angry”
What they are really saying is;
“I think sad thoughts, I think angry thoughts”

I think, therefore I am (the things I think about)

What you think about you become ~ Buddha

But;
it’s not what is in us that defiles, but what comes out ~ Jesus

1 Like

If we spend all our time on NoFap,
what else can we bring to the conversation with others?

Trust in The Lord,
The Lord alone knows everything we do,
all the good works, and the fight we’re in.
We need not boast, nor worry, but stand firm and keep asking for grace to lead us.

4 Likes

Thank you, that is so right, and encouraging!

2 Likes

Reset commenced. Day one, 0 days of sobriety. The adventure unfolds

3 Likes

Checking in today, this community is helping me so much. Thank you guys!

One for All, All for One!

4 Likes

@Forodwaith Pickup the fight and conquer!

3 Likes

Luffychwan

Aug 4

@babadu Majority of the people struggling with PMO are glorifying the “process”. Problem is, it ain’t process. Process is just another way of saying you’re on the fence about it and u ain’t willing to commit. That you like the idea of quitting more than quitting itself. That you like dragging it out, wrestling with its up and downs. Procrastination as its finest. Truth is, it’s a one-time rip off the bandaid type of deal.

These supposed accountability partners all treat their partner’s habital relapse as they always do: rainbows and butterflies with a side of cotton candy, the oft-labeled “it’s okay bud. There’s always a next time”. You know what, it’s not okay. Realize that you pulled the trigger and it is your fault. Lets not dress this up in mellow tones and please drop the goddam coddling. Don’t get me started on the classic “Hey guys. I just completed day one. That was hard”. Wow really dude? You want a cookie? Perhaps I could indulge you with an all expense covered trip around the world. Like geez. That’s exactly the type of coddling bullshit that most people fail. That no matter if they reach day 90 or relapsed after 2 days, they get the pat in the back, handing out trophies left and right for everything under the sun.

It’s like 90 percent of the people who are unhappy with their lives and are stuck in a rut. They watch these motivational videos day in and day out. But there’s this one constant: that their lives are exactly the same, the classic inaction. The expression “actions speak louder than words” has never rung more true.

Aoshigreen has this diary running. With every relapse, without fail, there’s always these pat-in-the-back comments that takes all shapes and size but it mostly boils down to one key message: “its okay. don’t beat yourself up”. I’m here to tell you that you definitely should beat yourself up. Relapse once, it’s all good. Relapse 10 times and the routine journal entry of “damn I knew I shouldn’t have edged. Why did I do it”. Really? When it’s all said and done, the only person you’re accountable to is yourself.

This shouldn’t be a “struggle”. Its easy as fuck. This “struggle” is( drum roll ) an excuse. The boy who cried wolf. How many times before I start to wonder if you wanna quit. Or you’ re lying to yourself. I repeat: I find this incredibly easy. You should too. So no, this shouldn’t be a struggle.