Change digital habits for Instagram, Youtube, Netflix, Games, News and other addictive content. Challenge 2021

@KiddoJay2021 part of the challenge is that you have to recognize your bad habit , how it express itself and then write your good habit. And check in every day. There is only one person who can really help you to quit addictions - the one you see every morning in the mirror.

1 Like

It just I am unable to type it on a chart I am not that smart

1 Like

Things got back to normal. Yesterday no watching financial info, no videos. Keep it going.

1 Like

Write it here in details and check in every day.

Ok day 1
Addiction YouTube on self help on nofap
Trying to stop using YouTube
Facebook trying also stop
Rc trying to use it less

2 Likes

@KiddoJay2021 please start only with 1 service. You need to really focus on 1 habit.
It is important to write your current (old) bad habit with this service and write your new habit. New habit is how you want to use this service in a healthy way. Otherwise you donā€™t know what to change exactly and what is the end result of the change.

Meantime, my journey is stable. Another day without watching financial info and without watching movies. Cheers!

2 Likes

I want to be more productive on my school work then to
To be on YouTube I bit better now of my cause my throat is that sore anymore

1 Like

Yesterday dealt with my finances. No video.

3 Likes

Yesterday was a difficult day. Somehow thoughts of loneliness and lack of meaning entered my mind. So, I rested more. But anyway, no video and no financial info watching . But itā€™s really difficult to not watch finances after the day I dealt with it. Urges very strong.

2 Likes

Last day was a day FREE of digital screens. So, no much happened :wink: Day before was ok, no movies and no financial info.

1 Like

Yesterday was again a difficult day. The day before I felt sad and irritated by things happening to one of my family members. Much of my suffering lately is connected to this family member. It is a nature of attachment to bring suffering. Also, I was not working productively because of that and I had suffering connected to self guilt. Now things piling up, tasks not done, it all brought the Mind to a very weak state yesterday.

I did not relapse , of course not PMO - here I am very strong already after almost 220 days streak. Did not relapse on movies and did not relapse on financial info as I am really focused on these streaks. But still my Mind found an escape in Online News and I read News for several hours yesterday and almost didnā€™t work.

So, today I decided to start a news streak. New habit change.

2 Likes

Reading news is a good habit in my opinion :sweat_smile:.
But yeah some news sites can become addictive

@The_integrous_one no problem if you do it 10 minutes a day. I read it several hours yesterday to escape the reality. Bad habit for me.

2 Likes

To be honest I hate reading news :joy:.

I continue well with no movies and no financial info, but I am in Chaser effect about the news habit. I will focus on news today, will try to start a successful streak.

1 Like

Today again relapsed on news and relapsed on financial info.

1 Like

It was hard 2 days. Had too much suffering - dukha, and continue relapsing on news and financial info. Monkā€™s Mind was very weak. Monk could say that the cause are external circumstances - 2 close persons were causing much worring and stress for the Monk, but in reality it was just the Mind that played bad scenarios again. As it happened many times before in this life. The Monk didnā€™t recognize the Mind games and was suffering.

No more. Now Monkā€™s Mind is calm and strong. Starting new long streak. Changing these habits for good!

1 Like

Yesterday still had emotional pendulum. A day before had argument with a close person. Felt very low. Monks Mind was in a very low state. But eventually succeeded to do long meditation and had insight into the cause of this specific suffering. Relapsed on the news anyway. But didnā€™t relapse on the video and financial info.
Watching news is a very old , bad habit of the Monk. But Monk will get rid of it eventually! No matter what!

1 Like

Day 7 22 November 2021 no use of social media only use of Rewire community had strong urges but I dealt with it

1 Like

Fighting the Chaser effect with the news.

1 Like