Break your Limits Challenge (ENTRIES OPEN)

Checking in Day 2 :white_check_mark:

Namaz in masjid :x:
Quran :white_check_mark:
Guard eyes and thoughts :white_check_mark:
No procrastination :x:
Study :white_check_mark:
Gym :white_check_mark:
Diet Control :white_check_mark:
Meditation :white_check_mark:
Socialize :x:

2 Likes

Check in Day 01

It really sucks to start from 0 again

2 Likes

Use it for motivation to not fap.

2 Likes

The last time I checked-in, I wanted to look into the present that’s why I wasn’t looking too far, I was at day 35 that time.

It feels closer now to break my limit

So,

Check-in
86/94 days

1 Like

Yeah I know what you are talking about. But it is what it is. Gotta move forward.

2 Likes

I was once in this situation :point_down:

And now :point_down:

3 Likes

Checking in Day 3 :white_check_mark:

Namaz in masjid :white_check_mark:
No procrastination :white_check_mark:
Gym :x:
Diet Control :x:
Socialize :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Day 02 Completed

Low on Energy & motivation, but I know this too will pass I just have to endure it

2 Likes

Checking in Day 4 :white_check_mark:

Current Weight: 100 kg
Gym: 35 minutes
Jogging: 600m
Max bench press: 30kg

1 Like

How tall are you btw?

2 Likes

I’m 5ft 9 inches tall.

2 Likes

100 kg is lot then. You need to keep it to 70-75.

3 Likes

I’m in again.

9q46nf

2 Likes

Day 03 Completed

Not much else to say

2 Likes

Always welcome bro … you were never out.

1 Like

Yeah you r right. Ive decided to lose the weight.

2 Likes

Checking in Day 5 :white_check_mark:

Current Weight: 99.7 kg
Gym: 48 minutes
Max bench press: 30kg

3 Likes

You need a champion’s mindset to face the urges

Next time when an urge comes, don’t react negatively. Just observe and say to the urge that “no urge is powerful enough to make me worry or relapse”.Then smile to yourself. Don’t worry about urges. The urge lasts a maximum of 30 minutes. But your reaction to it decides the outcome. Muhammad Ali the world champion used to say that “I was a champion long before I actually became one”. If you face your opponent with doubts in your mind then after a few punches you will surrender. But if you face your opponent (urges) with the confidence that it cannot hurt me , then it won’t.

2 Likes

Checking in Day 6 :white_check_mark:

Current Weight: 99.2 kg
Gym: 48 minutes
Max bench press: 40 kg

1 Like

What to do when urges hit :boom:

No matter how strong you are, you cannot win the war of attrition. You have to create barriers between yourself and relapse. Use blockers and apps that lock you out of your smartphone eg digital Detox app. You have to make relapse difficult. Put computer in public area in your house. Don’t be alone. You cannot keep resisting urges. One day you will lose. Instead of resisting , you have to learn to fight better. Instead of just talking to yourself that why am I horny, why am I having urges and reacting negatively, it would be wiser to just observe the urges without reacting. Instead of just sitting there , just stand up and go for a walk. Talk to your friend or family . Socialize. Don’t remain in the vulnerable state of inaction. Do something. The lust cycle lasts 30 minutes. After that, you won’t need to resist. The urges will be gone.

Also, focus on learning self control instead of reaching a specific streak. You won’t be free if you reach 90 days. But you will be free when you focus on each day and whenever urges hit, you face them and improve your level of self control. You persue progress of self control in the face of urges instead of your progress of streak in terms of just days. Days are just a number. Ignore them. Urges won’t disappear after 90 days or 180 days. You will still be human! What will set you free is your level of self control.

Pro tip: if urges are too distracting and difficult to deal with, you can use the principle of reward and punishment to train your mind. Use punishment here. Use pain eg you can use a stick and strike your thighs with normal force within reasonable limits. Dont break your legs, nor leave any marks…just moderate force to cause little pain. Your focus will go to the pain and urges will come under control. This will also associate negative feelings with idea of relapse instead of reward. This is behaviour modification. Try this before judging and rejecting this idea.

3 Likes