Back To Basics 2 (PART 1): 0 - 10 days

Thanks…:grinning:

1 Like

Check in
Tuesday day 8
Feeling good , 1 week done . Going into second week. Feels really good . My previous streak was 15 days… i will cross my previous streak… planning to go for 90days. Lets hope for best.

2 Likes

Hi all, I am new here but super keen to do something positive for myself, currently doing hardmode but I also don’t watch TV or use any social media, have been trying to quit PMO for sometime but struggle around the 5-7 day mark, am much more confident since recently discovering nofap and reading the wealth of knowledge shared by these communities, now that I know how truly horrible this addiction is my resolve is reinforced more than ever.

For the first time I do not feel alone in this endeavour…

Currently on day 3, have added myself to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check in
Wednesday day 9
So fast 9 days have passed… tomorrow day 10 wow…

1 Like

@Doombaby
I’m on Day3 myself man. Fixing to hit day4 here in a couple hours. For some reason, I really like having someone who’s on my exact day - There’s positive pressure to not fall behind haha. I hope this works for you too🤠

2 Likes

I really feeling these ‘check-ins’ and think ima start doing the same. Good luck bro as you are heading into part two. I’ll see you there in a week :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Checking in for day 4, feeling great today :muscle:. I must agree, having someone else on the same day triggers a certain sense of team spirit, definitely no slacking off now :smiley:

Check in Thursday. Day 10.
I have completed this part. Will be heading to next part tomorrow. This is my first achievement here. Thanks everyone for encouraging me.

Full steam ahead bro. Me and @Doombaby are following your lead so keep on keeping on

1 Like

@Elendil you still with us mate?

Going strong feeling good @chady025 :fist:

1 Like

How you guys doing on the journey? Yesterday I felt a little down but it’s all gone now. I realized that it’s good thing to summon my energy and open up new creative sources in me. Good to be on the road and moving forward :motorway::red_car:

1 Like

Yes bro. We all can do it. Just one step at a time. Its all possible.

1 Like

Day 5 check in, today was a very tough day, with some of the strongest urges and temptations I have experienced since starting on this journey, it is as though my mind has noted my efforts to remain PMO free and decided to launch its own full scale counter attack to throw me off…

Today has left me very tired, with a headache, random chills even though I am super warm and a super sensitive tummy, throw in a mind so scattered and spaced out that I am unsure how I made it through work today, it would literally take my entire focus (what I had left of it) to do basic stuff and felt like my strength had been leeched away…

But the most important thing is my streak continues unbroken, and now I rest. :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

@Doombaby
That sounds rough man. But you stayed strong. Just a phase you gotta push through. I’ve been there, and I turned to kratom, nootropics and caffeine, to help me get by with focus at work. You can look into those as one option. Be careful not to grow reliant on any substance though, legal or not.

That “full scale counter attack” line gave me a laugh tho🤣 mine feel like that around day 14.

2 Likes

Day 6, rather uneventful compared to yesterday, the stark contrast is rather eye opening; to go from a day where my mind was trying every trick in the book to try and undermine my efforts to stay clean and PMO free, to today where PMO didn’t even cross my mind once all day, two days back to back yet polar opposites. Still a little tired but otherwise all is well.

@chady025 thank you for the support and encouragement, these last couple of days remind me of a quote I saw somewhere, the exact words or who said them escape me right now but it goes something along the lines of “most people give up on an endeavour when they are on the verge of success” or such was the idea put forth…

Looking back I must admit that while difficult and scary at the time, the counter attack ended up being rather comical, because in the end I was just so drained and nauseated and out of it mentally that there was no way I could have relapsed even if I had chosen to, all I could think of was how terrible I felt and just couldn’t wait to finish my shift and go to sleep (my job has me working afternoons and early evenings just for context)… So even the bad side-effects ended up being beneficial in the end and I guess if that is what it takes to achieve success some days then I would do it again, because I know I can do it and I will be OK on the other side of it.

How you guys doing today?
Just hit 8 days last night and i can feel the breeze of post-10 day urges. Its good. Means im charged up like a car battery and i can use that drive for my personal goals. At those days after 10 i will slowly turn into a power plant if i let myself reach that haha :grinning:

@Doombaby @chady025 @mystery2017 what’s up?

1 Like

Day 7,im still here, the urges have settled down mostly at this time, appreciating the relative calm atm :slight_smile:

I think @mystery2017 is in the next level group now :partying_face:

Yes i am in part 2. On day 12 , waiting for you guys

Day 8! Feeling great today.

My mother quit smoking about a year ago, and at the time she said the thing that amazed her most was how much time it freed up in her days.

I hadn’t really given it much thought until now, where now I am amazed at the time I have now, but not only that but I never realised how much time I spent just thinking about PMO, it’s so insidious how it’s just takes over and chokes everything else in one’s life.

I am so grateful to be on this journey now, and grateful for being around such supportive people who are going thru the same journey :slight_smile:

Big thanks to you all.

1 Like